Bots better than crash test dummies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Have the bots from M&B and M&B:WB been updated in this one so that they can actually figure things out like "I'm running in to a wall, I should go somewhere else" or "I'm a horse so maybe I won't bunch up at the bottom of the stairs" and "If it's a mounted soldier maybe they shouldn't spawn up in a tower"?

Traciatim said:
Ack, that's terrible news. So this is essentially just a unit update, some new weapons, and a different campaign with some economy stuff added?

It's £8, man up and either buy it or don't, but keep your complaint's as their not helpful, just annoying  :???:

The faults you listed are not the bots fault, its the engine. Bots running into walls is because the AI pathing in the map you played is broken, horses bunching up has been there since the beginning.

If its not enough of a challenge for you, raise the difficulty level to max. Lets see how you fare then. Without abusing the AI weaknesses.

I generally do play it all cranked up for it to be any challenge at all. The bots are just plain stupid.

Is there any optimization of the network code? My son and I have tried to play 100 v 100 bot battles over our lan and we always end up with the client machine unable to attack properly, the times get out of sync, you get units floating in mid air and stuff. I wonder how that will work with 8 v 8 on the new squad battle mode. 16 players with 8 (or 24 as the bullet suggests on steam) units each is a lot of network traffic to push through.

Back
Top Bottom