[BoP: Archives] Balance of Power Alt-1919:

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HULKSMASH said:
Trevty said:
So, would the council consist of some NPCs then?  Since no one is playing Belgium, for example.
I would enjoy taking the role of an NPC in the council, the same can probably said for the other two hosts.
I had ask POP to role play as Portugal or Belgium but please feel free to roleplay any nation you wish.

Trevty said:
So, would the council consist of some NPCs then?  Since no one is playing Belgium, for example.  Either way, I think that voting when someone like Moose can strongarm people is hardly democratic.  It just follows directly after Ben's B-choice.
Moose! doesn't have the power to strong arm anyone in the CEN. He can however free to try and convince people to his way of thinking if it is his wish.

Moose! said:
BenKenobi said:
Assesment of the situation:

Your assessment is flawed for one reason.  :razz:

BenKenobi said:
b/ Without the involvment of Commintern
In this case, Council will become the weapon of the most powerful country involved in it, and a shady arm of its diplomacy.

There is no single country powerful enough to dominate this council. I'd warrant that France and I are roughly comparable in terms of military, economic and industrial power (if we add Britain that makes three roughly equal powers), with Austria and Italy being close behind.

Pixel and I have decided that he will take the role of Portugal in the Council, and I will do the same for Belgium. We're looking forward to doing everything we can to screw you all over.

As I said to Trevty, when he went on and on about how dead and meaningless it was in Skype, I think the lady doth protest too much.

The Council of European Nations is here by formed. The primary members are all ready known and so far the nations that have applied are:

Bohemia
Romania
Sweden

All members of the CEN will be publicly known however our discussions will be private. We will vote on these nations soon and our first official meetng will be at the beginning of next year.

While the name suggests it stay in Europe, having a council that only operates there seems somewhat naive. Why not expand it to the other portions of the world, so countries, like South American or Asian/African nations, may apply.

A thought occurs to me though, if there's interest, I can establish the PM chain for an Council of American Nations, so we can have the CEN and the CAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom