[BoP: Archives] Balance of Power Alt-1919:

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moose! said:
Pot, meet kettle.

Personally, I see little reason to join into this European council if it includes any members of Comintern.

I'm pretty surprised, you're generally not this thick. Even when we're enemies you tend to be reasonably intelligent, so this is new.

The point isn't to exclude either the Comintern or your little pack of buddies, but to include both so that peace negotiations and reasonable discussions actually occur. If you exclude one or the other then the entire point goes to waste. If you are aiming to start a cool new West European power bloc, though, then by all means exclude me.

Do people not read?
RoboSenshi said:
It seems the African Commonwealth's military has been very successful.

Also I have a mind to revisit my Council of Mainland European Nations initiative. There has been too much discontent in Europe of late and perhaps it is time to think about forming the council again to help deal with disputes and foreign influences. The Principal nations to be permanent members at the time were:

Spain
Portugal
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Belgium

If I recall correctly Austria initially turned down an invitation to join, however the invitation still stands if their minds are changed. I will reform the council if I receive support from at least 4 of the nations on the list. So please think about it and get back to me. And if there are any other nation that would like to join also don't hesitate to contact me.

RoboSenshi said:
If and when the council is formed you may request membership and it will be reviewed and voted upon by the current members, the same goes for Great Britain. I want to form the organization with the members that were initially intended to join. I will send out a mass pm soon to those countries to determine if we will move forward with this initiative.

In what way was I excluding Austria? And anyone else wishing to join just needs to request and then it becomes a vote. This is exactly why I abandoned this project initially cause people start *****ing about it.

The MAIN purpose of this organization is to keep European nations from fighting each other and focus our attention to more external threats.

He didn't feel as if you were excluding HIM, he felt as if you were excluding THEM (the Soviet Union). He also feels wrongly that the exclusion of the Soviet Union would be a bad thing.  :razz:

Also, if you are interested in forming some sort of council, I see no use in pussyfooting around. Send out the PMs and get it started.

I am also very interested in peace, in the Americas and in Europe so if the council needs any sponsorship, or has any requests to make regarding American aid or changes in policy; I'm completely open to it.

I don't expect a transcript of the council, I'm not European, but I am interested in hearing that it did happen and was successful.

France feels that this will just devolve into a more convenient way of insulting other countries, but we're willing to give it a try none-the-less.

Trevty said:
The USSR, for one.  Not to mention that Moose wants to exclude any former-comintern countries.

If by former, you mean current?  :razz:

Excuse me if I don't trust a group of nations that attempted to forcibly exert their influence on the rest of the civilized world through means of military conquest.  :roll:

RoboSenshi said:
It seems the African Commonwealth's military has been very successful.

Also I have a mind to revisit my Council of Mainland European Nations initiative. There has been too much discontent in Europe of late and perhaps it is time to think about forming the council again to help deal with disputes and foreign influences. The Principal nations to be permanent members at the time were:

Spain
Portugal
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Belgium

If I recall correctly Austria initially turned down an invitation to join, however the invitation still stands if their minds are changed. I will reform the council if I receive support from at least 4 of the nations on the list. So please think about it and get back to me. And if there are any other nation that would like to join also don't hesitate to contact me.

Trevty said:
The USSR, for one.  Not to mention that Moose wants to exclude any former-comintern countries.

He's not actually excluding anyone.

Moose! said:
Trevty said:

If by former, you mean current?  :razz:

Excuse me if I don't trust a group of nations that attempted to forcibly exert their influence on the rest of the civilized world through means of military conquest.  :roll:

Yeah, cause that's what we ultimately wanted (sarcasm, if you can't tell).

Somehow, you think Ethiopia and Germany are saints when it comes to world politics, when the contrary is true. You're not a victim, or target, of anything. Stop acting like it.

:roll:

Austupaio said:
Please, don't even try to deny that the massive invasion of Germany, the ambush in the Turkish bay and the mutual counter-attack against Gaham's Whites were non-Comintern actions.

Austupaio said:
Even Sushi's war with Blacktide was completely a Comintern effort. :lol:

I can't say that I fully trust the USA, but these allegations are pretty hard to ignore.

Nord Champion said:

Not yet, no. It isn't my place to exclude anyone. However, you can be sure that I'll fight tooth and nail to exclude you from this council after proceedings begin.

Moose! said:
:roll:

Austupaio said:
Please, don't even try to deny that the massive invasion of Germany, the ambush in the Turkish bay and the mutual counter-attack against Gaham's Whites were non-Comintern actions.

Austupaio said:
Even Sushi's war with Blacktide was completely a Comintern effort. :lol:

I can't say that I fully trust the USA, but these allegations are pretty hard to ignore.

I joined France in the war against Germany because he came to me. I did not join the Comintern. Even then, the USA contacted me and France both stating he wanted to continue the war against Germany for multiple reasons, but France and I both declined.

I lent a Navy to the UK under the understanding that is was used for convoy protection, which it was, as it didn't engage in any battles against foreign powers.

Besides, the United States wanted to disband the Comintern because, and I'm paraphrasing, "We no longer have any threats.  So there is no use in having it organized anymore." If anything, this shows that the USA was actually one of the warmongers in the Comintern trying to make it into a full military effort.

Moose! said:
Nord Champion said:

Not yet, no. It isn't my place to exclude anyone. However, you can be sure that I'll fight tooth and nail to exclude you from this council after proceedings begin.

What good what that do when promoting peace? Better yet, what is the message that will send to other nations? That a council that is created just for peace bans one of the originally invited members just because of ideological differences between it and another original member. Yeah, that council will be really credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom