SP - General Body weight and build is broken and needs to be re-balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Namaslay

Recruit
Currently, if you don't engage in battle, your character's build decays at a rate of 0.01 per day, beginning at 0.5 after character creation. That means that after 50 in-game days, you look like you're starving to death, and the only way to increase your build is to engage in one battle a day. Even then, it will only increase back up at a rate of 0.01 per day if you battle every single day.

This needs to be looked at. People have been complaining about skinny characters since March, with no response from the devs. If build is going to decay so rapidly, there needs to be more ways to increase it.

Things that should increase build:

Running with heavy armor, fighting in the arena, practice fighting in the arena, smithing, eating a diversity of foods. Maybe implement a 'training' feature at settlements similar to the 'resting/waiting' feature, but prevent it from giving you a healing bonus or recovering stamina, and instead allow it to increase build.

Things that should decrease build:

Starving, being captured, waiting in settlements for long periods.

As of now the only way to increase build is to fight every single day, which is almost impossible when the majority of the day is spent finding enemies and pursuing them.

Thank you devs.

Last edited:
I just tested this again by making a new campaign, and something is definitely wrong. I created a new character, pressed V to enter character edit, copied and pasted my character info, which said my build was at 0.5. I waited one in-game day, pressed V again to copy and paste my character info, and my build is at 0. I went from looking big and manly to a skeleton in one in-game day.

Agreed.
This is the bare minimum:

6Pij6rk.jpg

I think some perks should increase (or maintain) your build, along with training troops when not moving. Like resting in a settlement for a few days, if you're above 75% health then you can train troops while you're there (and stay fit yourself, even though not moving on the map). That's one thing I miss from Warband, the daily training xp (since it made sense).

So, upon even further testing, I've concluded that weight and build only changes if you press V to edit your character or visit a barber. As long as you do neither of these two things, your weight and build will never change. Pressing V for the first time will instantly make your character's build drop to 0.

So, upon even further testing, I've concluded that weight and build only changes if you press V to edit your character or visit a barber. As long as you do neither of these two things, your weight and build will never change. Pressing V for the first time will instantly make your character's build drop to 0.

Did you bug this in the bug report section? It isn't likely they'll stumble across it here.

Character weight is fixed. It only changes if you stay idle for a long time in towns (weight gain) or continuously fight without rest (weight loss).
Pressing V for the first time will instantly make your character's build drop to 0.
This is a bug and might still occur. We'll look into fixing it.

Character weight is fixed. It only changes if you stay idle for a long time in towns (weight gain) or continuously fight without rest (weight loss).
Will this be fixed?
Sometimes you get the opposite of this problem:
It causes clipping, if you could fix this... would be great

The second issue is known and recorded but hasn't been worked on yet.

I moved the first issue to technical support and they'll handle it from there.

my wife approve this message as 2021s summer tip of loosing weight

Except... I've noticed that sometimes the opposite occurs... with female characters the V character change menu bumps weight up to 1.

I've been testing all evening, the moment one accesses the character menu, weight goes up to 1 and your character takes on a "comfortable" look. And it doesn't seem to come back down again, no matter how many battles your character fights.

Back
Top Bottom