Blood Sword: The Walls of Spyte | And the Story Ends

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll take position 3 and nuke them, starting with D4. Maybe the trickster and Mentok can finish off anyone who survives a major hit.

Was that really supposed to be a challenge? We're going to take three turns at most, and that's because their HP is doubled.

Shatari said:
No special "Pull your punches to avoid killing them" rules? So we're free to do full damage?
Yep. They're still chanting.

Xardob said:
Was that really supposed to be a challenge? We're going to take three turns at most, and that's because their HP is doubled.
No idea, honestly. It'd be a greater challenge if you had one single character though (and it wasn't the Enchanter, presumably), even with Karunaz in tow. As for the three turns... With a little (bad) luck it should take more than that. Karunaz has only one attack, and 9d6-5 is 26.5 damage on average. 5 armour can also potentially absorb a nemesis bolt (sufficiently so that you don't one-shot their 30 HP, I mean), and should be pretty resilient to arrows.

All right then, let's see how this goes. The initiative order is Karunaz -> Trickster -> Sage -> Warrior/Enchanter, the battle order is Warrior -> Karunaz -> Enchanter -> Sage -> Trickster.
    *** TURN 1 ***
    Karunaz attacks Disciple 2. (ROLLED 7 < 13) Hit! Dealt 29 - 5 = 24 damage; Disciple 2 6/30
    Trickster attacks Disciple 2 using his magic bow and magic arrows. (ROLLED 6 < 7 + 1 + 1) Hit! Dealt 5 - 5 = 0 damage; Disciple 2 6/30
    That's interesting...
    Mentok uses his Staff of Might.
    Mentok attacks Disciple 1 using Volcano Spray. (ROLLED 10 - 0 = 10) Hit! Dealt 5 - 5 = 0 damage; Disciple 1 30/30
    Mentok attacks Disciple 2 using Volcano Spray. (ROLLED 7 - 0 < 10) Hit! Dealt 1 - 5 = 0 damage; Disciple 2 6/30
    Mentok attacks Disciple 3 using Volcano Spray. (ROLLED 2 - 0 < 10) Hit! Dealt 2 - 5 = 0 damage; Disciple 3 30/30
    Mentok attacks Disciple 4 using Volcano Spray. (ROLLED 12 - 0 > 10) Miss!
    Mentok attacks Disciple 5 using Volcano Spray. (ROLLED 8 - 0 < 10) Hit! Dealt 5 - 5 = 0 damage; Disciple 5 30/30
    The 5 armour really does make a difference!
    Sir Richard attacks Disciple 1 using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 12 + 1 - 5 = 8 damage; Disciple 1 22/30
    Sir Richard attacks Disciple 1 using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 5 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 17 + 1 - 5 = 13 damage; Disciple 1 9/30
    Enchanter attacks Disciple 4 using Nemesis Bolt. (ROLLED 6 + 5 = 12 - 1) Hit! Dealt 35 - 5 = 30 damage; Disciple 4 is dead. (0/30)
    Jesus Christ, Enchanter...
    Trickster attacks Disciple 2 using his magic bow. (ROLLED 3 < 7 + 1 + 1) Hit! Dealt 3 - 5 = 0 damage; Disciple 2 6/30

*** TURN 2 ***
    Karunaz shrugs.
    Karunaz attacks Disciple 2. (ROLLED 6 < 13) Hit! Dealt 35 - 5 = 30 damage; Disciple 2 is dead. (-24/30)
    Trickster attacks Disciple 1 using his magic bow. (ROLLED 12 > 7 + 1 + 1) Miss!
    Mentok attacks Disciple 1 using his bow. (ROLLED 4 < 9) Hit! Dealt 2 - 5 = 0 damage; Disciple 1 9/30
    Arrows just seem to be flung away by the protective fields around the disciples.
    "Forget about him, get the other one," shout Mentok and the Trickster to Sir Richard, who nods. The Trickster and the Sage then prepare to dash in close and use their significantly stronger melee attacks against the first disciple.
    Sir Richard nods and rushes towards Disciple 3.
    Enchanter attacks Disciple 5 using Nemesis Bolt. (ROLLED 1 + 5 < 12 - 1) Hit! Dealt 26 - 5 = 21 damage; Disciple 5 9/30
    That's more like it!

*** TURN 3 ***
    Karunaz looks at the HP of the enemies left, and decides to move beside Disciple 5.
    The Trickster and Mentok both move beside Disciple 1.
    Why did I ever think you might not have enough time to kill them all again?...
    Sir Richard attacks Disciple 3 using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 2 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 16 + 1 - 5 = 12 damage; Disciple 3 18/30
    Sir Richard attacks Disciple 3 using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 4 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 19 + 1 - 5 = 15 damage; Disciple 3 3/30
    Enchanter attacks Disciple 3 using Nemesis Bolt. (ROLLED 5 + 5 < 12 - 1) Hit! Dealt 32 - 5 = 27 damage; Disciple 3 is dead. (-24/30)

*** TURN 4 ***
    Karunaz attacks Disciple 5. (ROLLED 8 < 13) Hit! Dealt 27 - 5 = 22 damage; Disciple 5 is dead. (-13/30)
    Trickster attacks Disciple 1 using his sword. (ROLLED 4 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 6 - 5 = 1 damage; Disciple 1 8/30
    2d6+2 giving 9 is just bull****...
    Mentok attacks Disciple 1 using Quarterstaff Technique. (ROLLED 9 < 9 + 1) Hit! Dealt 11 - 5 = 6 damage; Disciple 1 2/30
    3d6+3 giving 11 is also lower than average... not that any of this will make a difference.
    "We really should've just played cards instead," muses the Trickster. Mentok nods thoughtfully.
    The Enchanter sighs and raises a hand.
    Enchanter attacks Disciple 1 using Nemesis Bolt. (ROLLED 3 + 5 < 12 - 1) Hit! Dealt 26 - 5 = 21 damage; Disciple 1 is dead. (-19/30)
The Trickster used one special and one normal arrow; Mentok used two arrows. There really isn't any time to try and retrieve arrows though.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that without the Horn of Heroes you'd only have three rounds to kill them all, which might actually be a little challenging...

There is insufficient power in the Summoning spell for the Magi to manifest themselves. The unearthly music from the Five Stars becomes a cacophony, building in pitch until it is audible only as an ethereal shriek. Suddenly the Stars explode in a shower of prismatic sparks. For a moment you fancy you glimpsed the faces of giants against the sky - faces contorted in expressions of ultimate horror. Then there is only silence and the stillness of the night. You watch the glowing debris from the Five Stars fall and go out in the darkness like dying embers.
    You turn to go, but as you reach the staircase a blue radiance flares up behind you. 'You are quick to write off your oldest foe...' whispers an unearthly voice.
    You spin around, chilled to the marrow of your bones. 'Blue Moon...'
    'Magus Tor,' corrects the manifestation before you. It is like a tall robed shadow, glowing with pallid blue light around a core of cold blackness. 'By dint of your efforts, my brethren have been destroyed. No matter. I remain, and now the millennium that is to come will be ushered in by me alone.'
    For a moment you are too stunned to do anything. 'How did you survive?' you gasp. 'The spell of reincarnation was disrupted. We saw the Stars explode...'
    'I shall delight in explaining my victory,' replies Magus Tor, 'as my explanation will be the last thing you hear in this life.' His voice, you notice, is getting stronger, and the blue light radiating from his shadowy form is getting brighter. 'In truth I was destroyed with the others. But I was able to create this virtual self, this phantasm you see before you. Momentarily I exist only as an illusion - but mine is the power to turn illusion into reality!'

'He lives only in our imagination,' says Karunaz. 'Our minds are his gateway to the world! If we die before he can convert his illusory self into reality, he will be destroyed.'

>>>>>
    Do you wish to DO what Karunaz seems to be suggesting, or are you not prepared to sacrifice yourself without a FIGHT?

:lol: All right then!

Like the Blood Sword, the Sword of Death confers bonuses of +3 to Fighting Prowess and +2 Dice to damage. If it wounds an undead creature, the creature is immediately subject to a Psychic attack which will destroy it if it fails to resist.
    Additionally, if you are the Warrior and are also armed with the Blood Sword, the two together have a synergetic effect. While wielding both swords, you can add three to your Psychic Ability and double your Endurance score. If you strike an undead creature (including one of the Magi) with both swords in the same Round, the creature must roll equal to or under its Psychic Ability on four Dice or be instantly destroyed. These special powers, though, are gained only if you are the Warrior and are able to use both swords simultaneously.

'It is futile to oppose me,' says the Magus. 'You have no hope of victory now.'
    You spit. 'Victory or defeat are irrelevant. Opposing your evil is the only purpose. That long agobecame the only thing that mattered.'
    'I almost pity you,' he says with an icy laugh. 'Your quest has transformed you into as much a creature of Fate as I.'

OWw0M.png

He can hurl cyanic Mirage-Bolts that count as Blasting spells, inflicting seven Dice damage (less armour) on a single target. He does not have to roll to cast these. Naturally he will concentrate the Mirage-Bolts on a player holding the Blood Sword, but if this player is a Warrior he or she will take only half damage from the bolts. Each Round, add one to Magus Tor's Psychic Ability and twenty-five 20 * the number of living enemies to his Endurance.

All right then. Initiative order is Tor -> Karunaz -> Trickster -> Sage -> Warrior/Enchanter. Battle order doesn't really matter. What's the plan? Everyone except the Enchanter rush in and hit him with everything you've got?
    Note that despite what the text says, he won't necessarily focus on Sir Richard. He'll decide what to do when he does it. As for the healing every round: I did some testing and you lot are so disgustingly overpowered that if he had 100 HP and 50 extra HP per turn, and the healing was applied at the start of his turn, you still just killed him on round 2-3 (one or two attacks after closing the distance). So, as a result, this is it. It's also more flavourful, I think. The healing is also applied at the start of the turn, i.e. during his action.
    Oh, and despite what the little paragraph in the "Sword of Death" spoiler above, you're not getting to insta-kill the final boss on your first round. That's what always happens. No, Magus Tor is an illusion and thus not an undead creature.

I still think the odds are in your favour despite that healing schema and everything, but let's see... :razz: At least it'll be somewhat exciting now.

Any special orders you want to give?

Hmm, I've got an idea. If Mentok and Richard took up spots in front of and to the side of Bluey here, I could take up a corner position and shoot him with my bow. I can dodge whenever he tries to attack me, and rub healing salve on either of them if they take a hit. Which, honestly, is probably more good than my bow will manage in this fight.

And I guess if our buddy dies, I'll grab the sword and give it to the Warrior. Alas, the book has once again forgotten my class exists... :cry:

Shatari said:
Hmm, I've got an idea. If Mentok and Richard took up spots in front of and to the side of Bluey here, I could take up a corner position and shoot him with my bow. I can dodge whenever he tries to attack me, and rub healing salve on either of them if they take a hit. Which, honestly, is probably more good than my bow will manage in this fight.

And I guess if our buddy dies, I'll grab the sword and give it to the Warrior. Alas, the book has once again forgotten my class exists... :cry:
All right, you can certainly administer healing salve using your action. Being in the corner will also free up the fourth spot for the summoned phantasm. (Summoning the phantasm will require an action though, but at least none of your heavy hitters have it on them.)

I think your class might need some sort of a conditional "sneak attack" that doubles damage dice or something. There really aren't enough special RP options to compensate for the fact that you don't have any special combat abilities, aside from a situational dodge (and when we've got Sir Richard slinging 10d6 attacks, Karunaz doing 9d6, and an Enchanter dealing ranged 7d6+7, a Trickster with one single normal attack is a relatively low priority target). The Sage is almost the same in terms of damage, but at least he's got his special attack and a wider array of skills...

I'll be processing the fight in about seven or eight hours from now.

Huh, this really took me two hours. Jesus Christ. Okay then.

*** TURN 1 ***
    The blue radiance intensifies...
    Magus Tor is healed for 100; Magus Tor 200/100
    Magus Tor attacks Enchanter using Mirage-Bolt. (ROLLED 1 - 0 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 24 - 2 = 22 damage; Enchanter 13/35
    "Pathetic wizard," sighs the illusion of Blue Moon. "Now you shall see true power!"
    Karunaz moves north of Magus Tor.
    The Trickster moves north-west of Magus Tor.
    Mentok crushes the phantasm gem, conjuring another illusory combatant. Magus Tor laughs. "Fool! Did you again forget that illusion is MY domain? Your minion is inconsequential!"
    "Quiet down, you," sighs the Enchanter, raising his hand.
    Enchanter attacks Magus Tor using Nemesis Bolt. (ROLLED 6 + 5 = 12 - 1) Hit! Dealt 23 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 180/100
    Sir Richard moves west of Magus Tor.
    The phantasm moves east of Magus Tor.
    The Trickster decides to conserve his extra action for a time when it could be more useful.

*** TURN 2 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 100; Magus Tor 280/100
    (The phantasm, not being a living human, is not a source of power for Tor to draw upon.)
    "You shall all die by my hand," almost sings the apparition, raising its hands and again conjuring a bolt of celestial magic to hurl at the Enchanter.
    Magus Tor attacks Enchanter using Mirage-Bolt. (ROLLED 1 - 0 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 26 - 2 = 24 damage; Enchanter is dead. (-11/35)
    The Torc of Reincarnation breaks, absorbing the power of the blast! The Enchanter feels like he's been thrown into a brick wall, but he's still alive.
    Enchanter is healed for 28; Enchanter 17/35
    The magus Tor roars in anger.
    It's high time for the tide to start turning now, isn't it?
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 7 < 13) Hit! Dealt 35 - 3 = 32 damage; Magus Tor 248/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his magic bow. (ROLLED 6 < 7 + 1 + 1) Hit! Dealt 6 - 3 = 3 damage; Magus Tor 245/100
    Mentok, on the heels of the phantasm, moves south of Magus Tor.
    Enchanter attacks Magus Tor using Nemesis Bolt. (ROLLED 5 + 5 < 12 - 1) Hit! Dealt 31 - 3 = 28 damage; Magus Tor 217/100
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 9 > :cool: Miss!
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 12 = 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 19 + 1 - 3 = 17 damage; Magus Tor 200/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 11 + 1 - 3 = 9 damage; Magus Tor 191/100

*** TURN 3 ***
    The blue radiance grows ever stronger, as does Tor's harrowing laugh. The illusion appears to become more... material.
    Magus Tor is healed for 100; Magus Tor 291/100
    "It's high time you went on your way, mage," laughs Tor, tossing another bolt at the Enchanter.
    Magus Tor attacks Enchanter using Mirage-Bolt. (ROLLED 1 - 0 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 22 - 2 = 20 damage; Enchanter is dead. (-3/35)
    "Thus die I, thus, thus, thus," utters the Enchanter, all colour draining from his face. "Now am I dead." Then he collapses to the floor.
    Karunaz yells out a battle-cry in his Ta'ashim tongue, as the Sword of Death strikes true once again...
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 9 < 13) Hit! Dealt 42 - 3 = 39 damage; Magus Tor 252/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his magic bow. (ROLLED 11 > 7 + 1 + 1) Miss!
    Mentok attacks Magus Tor using Quarterstaff Technique. (ROLLED 5 < 9 + 1) Hit! Dealt 12 - 3 = 9 damage; Magus Tor 243/100
    Magus Tor's next action is delayed until the end of the turn. (Next turn, that is.)
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 4 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 8 - 3 = 5 damage; Magus Tor 278/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 9 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 12 + 1 - 3 = 10 damage; Magus Tor 228/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 8 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 8 + 1 - 3 = 6 damage; Magus Tor 222/100
    (Okay, I went to double-check that you're actually rolling 5d6, because rolling an 8 on a 5d6 is just... ridiculously unlucky. It's less than a percent chance to roll 8 or lower...)

*** TURN 4 ***
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 9 < 13) Hit! Dealt 28 - 3 = 25 damage; Magus Tor 197/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 5 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 13 - 3 = 10 damage; Magus Tor 187/100
    Mentok attacks Magus Tor using Quarterstaff Technique. (ROLLED 8 < 9 + 1) Hit! Dealt 12 - 3 = 9 damage; Magus Tor 178/100
    Magus Tor's next action is delayed until the end of the turn. (This turn, in this case, which doesn't make it as useful this time around, but at least it deals extra damage.)
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 8 = :cool: Hit! Dealt 11 - 3 = 8 damage; Magus Tor 170/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 16 + 1 - 3 = 14 damage; Magus Tor 156/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 13 + 1 - 3 = 11 damage; Magus Tor 145/100
    Magus Tor is healed for 80; Magus Tor 225/100
    "You stand no chance..."
    Magus Tor attacks Mentok using a melee attack. (ROLLED 5 < 12) Hit! (Invuln fail, 4 < 6) Dealt 29 - 5 = 24 damage; Mentok 22/46

*** TURN 5 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 80; Magus Tor 305/100
    "This world is mine."
    Magus Tor attacks Mentok using a melee attack. (ROLLED 9 < 12) Hit! (Invuln fail, 3 < 6) Dealt 29 - 5 = 24 damage; Mentok is dead. (-2/46)
    "No pathetic mortal's wisdom can match the power of the celestial motions!"
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 6 < 13) Hit! Dealt 31 - 3 = 28 damage; Magus Tor 277/100
    The Trickster considers. This creature must be killed as soon as possible. He moves over Mentok's position.
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 4 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 12 - 3 = 9 damage; Magus Tor 268/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 22 + 1 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 248/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 20 + 1 - 3 = 18 damage; Magus Tor 230/100
    The magus howls with pain. The might of the Swords of Life and Death might be a little too much for him to take in...
    The Trickster uses an opening to get a quick hit in.
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 5 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 13 - 3 = 10 damage; Magus Tor 220/100

*** TURN 6 ***
    Well, at least this seems to be the longest fight we've had in a while, or ever...
    Magus Tor is healed for 60; Magus Tor 280/100
    The Trickster senses that Tor's attention is suddenly on him... but a little late. Hard to tell with this guy specifically, almost like he just changed his mind...
    Magus Tor attacks Trickster using a melee attack. (ROLLED 12 + 4 > 12) Miss!
    A flash of searing blue light flares out from Magus Tor after the Trickster does a cartwheel and narrowly avoids a massive swipe. Looks like he's not used to missing attacks. Oh, he's definitely pissed off now...
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 9 < 13) Hit! Dealt 36 - 3 = 33 damage; Magus Tor 247/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 5 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 11 - 3 = 8 damage; Magus Tor 239/100
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 7 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 8 - 3 = 5 damage; Magus Tor 234/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 11 + 1 - 3 = 9 damage; Magus Tor 225/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 8 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 22 + 1 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 205/100

*** TURN 7 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 60; Magus Tor 265/100
    You seem to be wearing him down now... VERY gradually.
    Tor is still angry at the Trickster for dodging an attack though.
    Magus Tor attacks Trickster using a melee attack. (ROLLED 9 + 6 > 12) Miss!
    Well, I guess the Trickster class has its perks... if you're getting targeted by enemies. Which you won't be after this stint. :razz:
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 6 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 7 - 3 = 4 damage; Magus Tor 261/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 4 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 11 - 3 = 8 damage; Magus Tor 253/100
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 5 < 13) Hit! Dealt 25 - 3 = 22 damage; Magus Tor 231/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 8 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 22 + 1 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 211/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 4 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 16 + 1 - 3 = 14 damage; Magus Tor 197/100

*** TURN 8 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 60; Magus Tor 257/100
    Make that "VERY VERY gradually".
    The magus decides to focus on Karunaz instead.
    Magus Tor attacks Karunaz using a melee attack. (ROLLED 4 < 12) Hit! Dealt 37 - 0 = 37 damage; Karunaz 63/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 6 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 14 - 3 = 11 damage; Magus Tor 246/100
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 7 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 12 - 3 = 9 damage; Magus Tor 237/100
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 6 < 13) Hit! Dealt 31 - 3 = 28 damage; Magus Tor 209/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 5 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 25 + 1 - 3 = 23 damage; Magus Tor 186/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 22 + 1 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 166/100

** TURN 9 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 60; Magus Tor 226/100
    Maybe not so gradually every now and again. Keep up the good hits!
    Magus Tor attacks Karunaz using a melee attack. (ROLLED 6 < 12) Hit! Dealt 17 - 0 = 17 damage; Karunaz 46/100
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 4 < 13) Hit! Dealt 23 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 206/100
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 7 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 11 - 3 = 8 damage; Magus Tor 198/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 5 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 13 - 3 = 10 damage; Magus Tor 188/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 24 + 1 - 3 = 22 damage; Magus Tor 166/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 8 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 24 + 1 - 3 = 22 damage; Magus Tor 144/100

*** TURN 10 ***
    This fight really is taking a while, isn't it. GOOD.
    Magus Tor is healed for 60; Magus Tor 204/100
    At this rate he'll need about ten more turns to die, hehe
    Magus Tor attacks Karunaz using a melee attack. (ROLLED 8 < 12) Hit! Dealt 27 - 0 = 27 damage; Karunaz 19/100
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 7 < 13) Hit! Dealt 29 - 3 = 26 damage; Magus Tor 178/100
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 4 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 14 - 3 = 11 damage; Magus Tor 167/100
    The Trickster considers. Karunaz seems to be going down soon. Might be worth it to rub that salve. Melee range? Well, nobody said you HAVE to be in melee range to administer healing.
    The Trickster uses his healing salve on Karunaz (ROLLED 9).
    Karunaz is healed for 9; Karunaz 28/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 22 + 1 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 147/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 9 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 21 + 1 - 3 = 19 damage; Magus Tor 128/100

*** TURN 11 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 60; Magus Tor 188/100
    Magus Tor attacks Karunaz using a melee attack. (ROLLED 4 < 12) Hit! Dealt 22 - 0 = 22 damage; Karunaz 6/100
    The healing salve actually did the trick! The magus growls, becoming ever more annoyed that you're not all dead yet.
    Karunaz attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 6 < 13) Hit! Dealt 28 - 3 = 25 damage; Magus Tor 163/100
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 5 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 11 - 3 = 8 damage; Magus Tor 155/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 7 < 7 + 1) Hit! Dealt 13 - 3 = 10 damage; Magus Tor 145/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 26 + 1 - 3 = 24 damage; Magus Tor 121/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 24 + 1 - 3 = 22 damage; Magus Tor 99/100
    We're below 100 HP, boys!

*** TURN 12 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 60; Magus Tor 159/100
    Well, we WERE below it.
    "DIE, GNAT!"
    Magus Tor attacks Karunaz using a melee attack. (ROLLED 7 < 12) Hit! Dealt 40 - 0 = 40 damage; Karunaz is dead. (-34/100)
    The Trickster now needs to make a Dexterity check to see if he can grab the Sword of Death without that costing him an action.
    In this game's rules, I think this should be "roll Awareness or less on two dice".
    ROLLED 2 + 2 < 9! Success!
    The Trickster dashes over to where Karunaz's grip has gone limp, yanks the sword out of the fallen Ta'ashim warrior's hand, and strikes at Tor, relishing the sudden sense of power.
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 6 < 7 + 1 + 3) Hit! Dealt 12 + 9 - 3 = 18 damage; Magus Tor 141/100
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 4 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 13 - 3 = 10 damage; Magus Tor 131/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 23 + 1 - 3 = 21 damage; Magus Tor 110/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 5 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 22 + 1 - 3 = 20 damage; Magus Tor 90/100

*** TURN 13 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 40; Magus Tor 130/100
    Magus Tor attacks Trickster using a melee attack. (ROLLED 8 + 5 > 12) Miss!
    EVERY TIME!
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 7 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 14 - 3 = 11 damage; Magus Tor 119/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 6 < 7 + 1 + 3) Hit! Dealt 11 + 10 - 3 = 18 damage; Magus Tor 101/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 7 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 21 + 1 - 3 = 19 damage; Magus Tor 82/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 10 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 26 + 1 - 3 = 24 damage; Magus Tor 58/100

*** TURN 14 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 40; Magus Tor 98/100
    Now we're really under the 100 HP mark!
    Tor decides to kill Sir Richard instead of focusing on the slippery Trickster.
    Magus Tor attacks Sir Richard using a melee attack. (ROLLED 8 < 12) Hit! (Invuln fail, 5 < 6) Dealt 25 - 4 = 21 damage; Sir Richard 22/43
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 6 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 9 - 3 = 6 damage; Magus Tor 92/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 8 < 7 + 1 + 3) Hit! Dealt 10 + 10 - 3 = 17 damage; Magus Tor 75/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 10 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 26 + 1 - 3 = 24 damage; Magus Tor 51/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 5 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 18 + 1 - 3 = 16 damage; Magus Tor 35/100

(continued below)
Last few rounds pulled out of the spoiler because of their importance:

*** TURN 15 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 40; Magus Tor 75/100
    Magus Tor attacks Sir Richard using a melee attack. (ROLLED 4 < 12) Hit! (Invuln fail, 4 < 6) Dealt 24 - 4 = 20 damage; Sir Richard 2/43
    Everything's fine.
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 5 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 12 - 3 = 9 damage; Magus Tor 66/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 6 < 7 + 1 + 3) Hit! Dealt 9 + 10 - 3 = 16 damage; Magus Tor 59/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 15 + 1 - 3 = 13 damage; Magus Tor 46/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 8 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 20 + 1 - 3 = 18 damage; Magus Tor 28/100
    HE'S GONNA GO DOWN NEXT TURN? MAYBE?

*** TURN 16 ***
    Magus Tor is healed for 40; Magus Tor 68/100
    "Pathetic warrior. Do you not know your death when you see it?..."
    Magus Tor attacks Sir Richard using a melee attack. (ROLLED 8 < 12) Hit! (Invuln fail, 4 < 6) Dealt 28 - 4 = 24 damage; Sir Richard is dead. (-22/43)
    Sir Richard decides he's too stubborn to die, and instead chooses to remain at 1 HP.
    Sir Richard is healed for 23; Sir Richard 1/43
    Tor roars in fury, seeing the Warrior defy him. His rage cracks the floor of the tower.
    It's now or never, lads. I pray you roll high.
    Phantasm attacks Magus Tor. (ROLLED 3 < :cool: Hit! Dealt 11 - 3 = 8 damage; Magus Tor 60/100
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 6 < 7 + 1 + 3) Hit! Dealt 12 + 9 - 3 = 18 damage; Magus Tor 33/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 9 < 9 + 3) Hit! 14 - 1 - 3 = 12 damage; Magus Tor 21/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 12 = 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 19 + 1 - 3 = 17 damage; Magus Tor 4/100
    ... Well. That's not good.

*** TURN 17 ***
    The light is flickering, but coalesces once more as a victorious grin appears on Magus Tor's face. The battered Sir Richard stands, barely standing tall, with the bewildered Trickster on the side, and the translucent Phantasm there too.
    "Enough games," declares the magus. "It's high time for you all to die, and for me to take what is mine."
    Magus Tor is healed for 40; Magus Tor 44/100
    "I've also had enough of your trifling illusion," notes Tor coldly and snaps his fingers. The phantasm opens its mouth as if in shock, and appears to be torn to shreds in an instant. The bits then vanish.
    Tor then looks to the Trickster. "I shall feel great joy in killing you last, thief," he says with a smile, then turns to face Sir Richard again. "But first... you."
    Magus Tor attacks Sir Richard using a melee attack. (ROLLED 11 < 12) Hit! Invulnerability triggered! (6 >= 6) Damage negated!
    Tor's mighty magical slash appears to... bounce off... of Sir Richard's suit of plate. The touch of Styx in action... For a moment, the Magus's jaw drops, in a very human expression of confusion.
    Sir Richard smiles and swings the Blood Sword one last time.
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 8 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 20 + 1 - 3 = 18 damage; Magus Tor 26/100
    Sir Richard attacks Magus Tor using the Blood Sword. (ROLLED 6 < 9 + 3) Hit! Dealt 17 + 1 - 3 = 15 damage; Magus Tor 11/100
    The Trickster seizes the moment, aiming right for the dazed magus's neck.
    Trickster attacks Magus Tor using his sword. (ROLLED 3 < 7 + 1 + 3) Hit! Dealt 11 + 8 - 3 = 16 damage; Magus Tor is dead. (-5/100)

The Magi have been defeated forever. Your quest ends in victory.
    The Last Trump sounds throughout the world as midnight brings the End of Time. All those who have died in all the earth's history are awakening from the sleep of death. All of your companions and adversaries live again. You see the troubadour who gave you the first fragment of the Blood Sword and set you on your quest. He greets you with a smile as he plucks at the strings of his harp, drawing forth a tune of supernatural beauty. In that instant you know him for who he is - no mere mortal, but an incarnation of the Archangel Abdiel, who forged the Swords of Life and Death. He descended to middle-earth to choose mortals who could undertake the holy quest on behalf of all mankind. And he chose you...
    A golden light spreads up from the horizon. It is not the dawn - or, at any rate, no ordinary dawn. For it comes from all around, and the light it brings to the world will never fade. You feel ecstatic, filled with a vigour and purity of understanding that you have never known. The Creator of All is coming to judge His children - and to be judged by them, for that has been the purpose of all time to this moment. You know that you have done God's will, and Paradise will be your reward. But better than this, you did what you knew to be right.
    Your knowledge of that fact, and your awareness of your identity in the scheme of things - this in itself is Paradise.

Well guys, this is it. I might've made the final boss a little harder than I wanted him to be. :razz:
Thanks for playing, I hope you had a good time. I certainly did. This was fun.

An awesome game, though I feel it should have had more of an epilogue. Ah well, probably a consequence of having so many paths available to us. I wonder how quickly we would have taken him out if he hadn't had so many buffs? I wonder if anyone would have died...

Also, I bet we'd have auto-won if we had suicided.

Back
Top Bottom