[BladeCast - Interview] House Stark | Krzyzak

Users who are viewing this thread

Tardet

French Toast
Count
Contents_Header_White.png

About two months after the Nations Cup 2019 ended, which saw France triumphs over North America in a back and forth grand-final, the attention of the native scene has already turned towards the next and most likely final step before Bannelord Early Access release. From all sides of the community, clans have assembled, old alliances been reforged and new powerhouses created, with for ultimate goal the trophy of the legendary Warband Native League.

Long-awaited, Warband's most storied competition has made its return this February 2020 to write the eighth and potentially final chapter of a legacy which lasted almost an entire decade, defining some of the greatest moments ever witnessed in the competitive scene. Brought to you by the mythical quintette of administrator made of Aeronwen, Bullez, Deacon, Dyktator & Scar, the Warband Native League 8 will be one very last chance for bladers to write their names in the history of the warband community and ascend as ultimate champions.

Such an amazing competition deserve only the best coverage and that's why we will once more dedicate ourselves to bring you as much content as possible in order to make this tournament one to be remembered. What's to be written next, lays in your hands. So sharpen your sword, hold tight to your shield ... and bring it on!

We are already in the third week of the group stage and after having defeated the New Warband Order in a nail-biting match last week, House Stark will take on a new challenge this Sunday, going against the Knights of Malta, one of the favourites of this edition. Krzyzak, the team's captain and native veteran accepted to answer some of our questions about his teams' debuts in the competition and their next match which looks like Stark's biggest challenge thus far.

Last edited:
47f5c3ae2348f6ee428eee350c273bea.png
h7ODEBq.png
OkGtOvV.png

Q: House Stark is mostly composed of players who were part of Poland 2 during the last NC, strengthened with the additions of a few other European players. Can you talk us through the process of gathering that roster for the WNL8?

A: Well, Aela and I came up with an idea of creating a new team for the last edition of WNL. We wanted to try something new as the core of Poland 2 and Wolves ( by that I mean Harman, Prince, gorN ) decided to go inactive or just less active than before. Unfortunately, we had a lot of problems with gathering up people mostly because the players we wanted were already taken by other teams. Then one day, Azorekt talked to me and proposed creating a team with ex-BE players so I agreed as it was the best way to form a quality team with the potential to maybe even win Division B where I thought we're gonna play back then. After that, we started looking for some nice additions to our roster and that's how we recruited Scarta, Meldo and Zulu.

What is worth noting is the fact I managed to persuade Sikici to come back to Warband for the last time and help us with his huge experience, I'm sure that if he finds enough time and motivation he might become a top tier cav once again.

Q: That's pretty amazing. Did he play with you yet?

A: We wanted to give him one or two spawns on Castellum tonight but he felt rusty so we didn't want to risk. Also, the match was very even so we had to play with our strongest set up at that moment.

Q: Before talking about that match, I want to come back on your opening encounter against FTW. A lot of people thought you were slightly stronger than them so what do you think you missed to edge them out?

A: Well we did pretty well on the first map where the score was 5:3 for us if I'm correct but then on the second one we had some huge problems with communication, I felt like everyone was playing on their own if you know what I mean. We missed a lot of chances as cavs where we could have killed their archers, there were moments when I literally felt like playing matchmaking or just a random battle. Then when we got destroyed on the third set we just lost faith in victory and ye, they outplayed us and deserved that win. But still, I'm pretty sure if there will be a chance to face FTW once again, we will beat them easily.

Krzyzak about House Stark's chances in Division A said:
"I think teams like nWo or FTW are within our reach but we will also do our best to face Malta or FT as equals."

Q: Placed in Division A, you guys can expect a tough fight in pretty much every one of your matches. Last night, you took on nWo and it's fair to say it came down to the wire. How were you feeling at the map switch, 4 rounds down? Did you still believe you could win it?

A: To be honest I was very upset and tilted by my performance on the first set, I actually still feel like I could've done much more in those three rounds. But ye, of course, we still believed we can make it and just win 6-0 as on scrims we are always doing better on open maps so we were just completely focused on doing our job and just playing safe, not making any stupid mistakes and so on. With a bit of luck, we managed to win 3-0 on Vaegirs and then we were very confident coming up to the fourth spawn which we won 3-1. But damn man, that was an intense match, I enjoyed it.

Q: It was really enjoyable to watch from spectator too, I can tell you that much. Speaking more generally about Division A, what do you believe you guys can achieve there? What are your goals?

A: I mean we know we are not contenders for the first place in Division A, our main goal is just to have fun, enjoy Warband as this beautiful game is coming to its end and win as many matches as it's possible. I think teams like nWo or FTW are within our reach but we will also do our best to face Malta or FT as equals. Anyway, we have a really nice atmosphere inside the team so we're just enjoying the time we spend together.

Q: How do you intend to prepare for Malta? What do you think are your chances against them?

A: Well, I think Malta is gonna be our strongest opponent we face in this tournament so far, but our preparation doesn't really differ. In my opinion, they are the second strongest team in the division so if we manage to beat them we will show that we can fight for top places in the knockout stage. We are not people’s favourites in this match but I can tell you that we will do our best to surprise the Native scene, it’s gonna be an exciting match.

ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, CUSTOM GRAPHICS BY @ROSSLINGTON & @KNIGHTMARE, INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @TARDET

Last edited:
I met Krzyzak about one year and a half ago, during the BladeCast Masters. Even though we never talked much since then, I learned to really love his character but I still very much hate writing his nickname (I hope I got it right for this interview atleast!). I have a lot of respect for the dude, probably more than he imagines and that's why I am super glad I got the chance to interview him for this WNL8.

Putting House Stark in Division A was an excellent decision and I am glad they took it well because I am convinced that's where their team belong. I know Malta is going to be one hell of a challenge but I am confident it will make for a really good match. Good luck to both teams and thank you Krzyzak for your time.

PS: I know the header on the second post is wrong, I will try to have it fixed asap.

Back
Top Bottom