Bind particle to flying ammo mesh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Toasticuss

Sergeant
Hey guys, I have a tricky question to ask. I've been trying to get a particle effect on a flying arrow but it hasnt been working.

On the arrow I have for a trigger

[(ti_on_item_wielded,[(position_move_x,pos1,100),(position_move_y,pos1,100),(particle_system_burst,"psys_flame",pos1,100)])]

But the particle doesnt show when its in the air, is there another trigger I should be using?

It doesn't show because flying projectiles use the flying_missile model when in the air. If you were launching a prop then you could use a prop trigger to add a particle as it flies.

ithilienranger said:
It doesn't show because flying projectiles use the flying_missile model when in the air. If you were launching a prop then you could use a prop trigger to add a particle as it flies.

So you can launch scene props out of bows? Replace flying_missile with a scene prop that has a trigger?

Sorry if I did not fully explain it. You can't, it is missile flight is hardcoded and no you can't launch a prop out of a bow normally. I was thinking along the lines of my autofire mod. The only way to get a flaming arrow is to code it all from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom