Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why nerf the melee capabilities of archers at all? They're already severely disadvantaged in that regard. It seems to me that most people who think archers are in need of a nerf think it's their ranged abilities that are the problem.

Decreasing archer athletics is a terrible idea. I doubt it will have nearly the beneficial effect on the competitive tactical metagame (which these changes seem to be solely focused on) that Lust seems to think it will. However, it will make a huge difference for archers attempting to melee or dodge anything.

Remember that public games are the foundation of competitive play. It's what people play between matches and what many people only play. Pub archers almost never have shields. Shieldless archers have to dodge or manual block everything with their already inferior stats, lowering their athletics will cripple that.

If archers picking up shields is really a problem for game balance, why not lower quiver sizes? Swapping out one of your quivers for a shield would be a more difficult choice, then. In addition, it would also promote more cautious firing and increase the tactical aspect of retrieving ammunition.

My question is "are archers really that OP to begin with?" Sure, with wicked angles they can waste a team pretty quick, but is really a bad thing? Archers create a lot of the metagame and tactics, but it seems like the patch creators want to turn everything into mindless infantry rush.

Can archer spam lead to heavy camping on some maps, sure. However, it should be noted that the fault here is the maps themselves, not the class. The focus should be put on fixing up maps and creatimg more assault points, not being lazy, ignoring the problem of campy maps, and ruining half the metagame in the process.

Zaffa said:
My question is "are archers really that OP to begin with?" Sure, with wicked angles they can waste a team pretty quick, but is really a bad thing? Archers create a lot of the metagame and tactics, but it seems like the patch creators want to turn everything into mindless infantry rush.

Can archer spam lead to heavy camping on some maps, sure. However, it should be noted that the fault here is the maps themselves, not the class. The focus should be put on fixing up maps and creatimg more assault points, not being lazy, ignoring the problem of campy maps, and ruining half the metagame in the process.

I think one of the problems is actually crossbow factions. There really is not a whole lot of motivation to go pure infantry when you can be a decent inf as an xbow. Sure you're at a bit of a disadvantage stat wise, but the added benefit of having an xbow greatly negates that. I'm not saying I support the nerf, but rather this is definitely one problem that the competitive community has right now.

Kherven said:
Zaffa said:

I think one of the problems is actually crossbow factions. There really is not a whole lot of motivation to go pure infantry when you can be a decent inf as an xbow. Sure you're at a bit of a disadvantage stat wise, but the added benefit of having an xbow greatly negates that. I'm not saying I support the nerf, but rather this is definitely one problem that the competitive community has right now.
One big difference between infantry and crossbows is the ability to buy polearms, which is hugely important for shieldstuns.

Captain Lust said:
Actually just got some info. We plan to push the next version of the beta out ASAP (probably today) which will include a few more balance changes. This will also include the NW patch, so that can be tested as well.

Planned testing for this should be no more than a week and then we want to go ahead with the release.

One week later...

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Captain Lust said:
Actually just got some info. We plan to push the next version of the beta out ASAP (probably today) which will include a few more balance changes. This will also include the NW patch, so that can be tested as well.

Planned testing for this should be no more than a week and then we want to go ahead with the release.

One week later...

Lol. True. This is just taking forever. Btw, I tried the Native beta patch. I don't really see what wrong with archers. I was testing the melee speeds, weapons, etc. Especially the Vaegir archers. They seem fine to me.

How much longer will this tormenting of the community be allowed to continue? This patch is cleary a work of fiction, crafted by sick and twisted mind. Can we get a moderator to either delete this thread, or at least move it do the RP section?

This will go on until April 1st 2014, then a new download thread will appear.

When you click it you get rick astley in a bicorne singing "never gonna give you patch" to the tune of le Marseillais.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

I promise not buy bannerlord until this patch comes out
If bannerlord actually comes out before this patch I'll throw moneys at taleworlds

Napoleonic Wars: Warband Version 1.156 now for the new patch for NW

Native: Warband Version 1.155 TBD

Version 1.156

Version 1.155

What is this illogical madness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom