[beta 1.4.3] Enter a battle as a member of an army, win the battle, but then end up captured by enemy

Users who are viewing this thread

Part of a NPC led Vlandian army that joined a battle in progress between another Vlandian Army + individual parties vs a Sturgian army. Approximately 800 Vlandians vs 500 Sturgians in total.

After fighting the battle and winning (have the victory screen on the battle map), return to the campaign map to find my character captured by the Sturgians, with my party disabled (despite having ~75% of them still alive at the end of the battle). Not certain if all parties of the army that my character was a member of were also captured but the Vlandian army + individual parties that were already fighting the Sturgians when our army joined are still there and promptly defeat the remaining Sturgians.

Sending troops to attack instead of fighting the battle gets the defeated message when the auto resolve completes on the results screen, but shows the Sturgians with zero troops remaining while the Vlandian forces still have ~50% of their troops remaining. Exiting the results screen at this point carries on as would expect given the remaining troops - my character is not captured and Vlandians are victorious.

Other details:
New character started specifically for beta 1.4.3
Joined Vlandia as vassal
Brother and wife in party
Max number of companions allowed by clan tier also in party.

Can provide save games prior to and post if helpful.

Edit - talking about starving armies jogged the memory - something that might have had an effect:
Prior to this issue cropping up, character was captured due to army starving and retreating from besieging a city - a small party of Sturgians attacked the army once the healthy troop count dropped down to about ~30. Caught me a bit by surprise (food supplies in armies didn't really seem to be an issue in beta 1.4.2?), so while paused as a prisoner of the Sturgian party, loaded an auto-save from when the army was just forming. Possible the character status didn't reset properly with the load?

Last edited:
I think this bug must be related to something I've witnessed. Aesari army breaks off siege with over 300 troops remaining. Continue to take losses until their army number is 0. Runs into 4 looters and all the lords that were in the army are captured. I don't know much about video and such but did capture and send to twitch a similar encounter with the current beta. Channel is Vycwulf, only vid on it. Almost never use it so not sure how to post vids in forums :sad:

Last edited:
I think this bug must be related to something I've witnessed. Aesari army breaks off siege with over 300 troops remaining. Continue to take losses until their army number is 0. Runs into 4 looters and all the lords that were in the army are captured. I don't know much about video and such but did capture and send to twitch a similar encounter with the current beta. Channel is Vycwulf, only vid on it. Almost never use it so not sure how to post vids in forums :sad:
Don't know - had a look at the video and would say it looked like the army was starving (which causes more and more troops to be wounded) - if the city had no food due to the siege would explain why the army carried on dropping in numbers because it looked like it stopped dropping in numbers after the second visit to the city (before the army disbanded) after a caravan had arrived in the city.

You're probably right. Didn't think of that. But, if that's the case I'm going to rename 1.4.3 beta to "The Famine Patch". Steam says I have 693 hours played in the game, which means nothing really. But, I've never seen this happen before, so it wasn't noticable. Since 1.4.3 I see it all the time. It's become extremely noticable. So far in either of the games I started with this patch no kingdom has been able to sustain a serious attack on a rival power. I assume the famine feature probably has something to do with it. Thanks for clearing up what I saw :smile:

I experienced this same bug when defending a village as a member of an army. We had resounding victory and then afterward myself and all my companions were taken prisoner somehow? I was a mercenary at the time of the bug. My brother Nathanos was the general of the army since his skill seems to be higher than anyone else in the army.

You're probably right. Didn't think of that. But, if that's the case I'm going to rename 1.4.3 beta to "The Famine Patch". Steam says I have 693 hours played in the game, which means nothing really. But, I've never seen this happen before, so it wasn't noticable. Since 1.4.3 I see it all the time. It's become extremely noticable. So far in either of the games I started with this patch no kingdom has been able to sustain a serious attack on a rival power. I assume the famine feature probably has something to do with it. Thanks for clearing up what I saw :smile:

In my case I am not sure how famine could have caused it since I had plenty of food... and it was a village. The battle was 300 to 50 in the village defense. We lost maybe 3 people. I am wondering if it could instead be somehow related to Nathanos having been the general...?

In my case I am not sure how famine could have caused it since I had plenty of food... and it was a village. The battle was 300 to 50 in the village defense. We lost maybe 3 people. I am wondering if it could instead be somehow related to Nathanos having been the general...?
Loaded up the save prior to the battle and kicked the brother out (gave him a party then disbanded it), so he wasn't in the battle - fought the battle, still got the same result, victory in the battle but defeat and captured on the main map as above.

Back
Top Bottom