Best source of winged hussars

Users who are viewing this thread

dochtorgajo

Squire
Good day,

Id like to ask what is the best source to get winged hussars from. Right now I either chase rebels holding them captive or get them from conquered cities but thats too unpredictable and there never seem to get many of them when I need them.

Is there any other way to get more of them? Theyre falling in heaps as it seems there no chance they can be wounded and not killed in battle - I loose 1, 5 or 10 they all die while unarmoured cossack peasants are somehow surviving that brain being blown out of their heads.

dochtorgajo said:
Good day,

Id like to ask what is the best source to get winged hussars from. Right now I either chase rebels holding them captive or get them from conquered cities but thats too unpredictable and there never seem to get many of them when I need them.

Is there any other way to get more of them? Theyre falling in heaps as it seems there no chance they can be wounded and not killed in battle - I loose 1, 5 or 10 they all die while unarmoured cossack peasants are somehow surviving that brain being blown out of their heads.
Im [retty sure you have to recruit them from commanders in towns, but im not entirely sure.

All i know is they are nasty in a fight with there 50 ft lance :evil:

The best way if you own a castle or town or such is,
To buy every available commander and the very last one will contain them if your in the polish kingdom or rebellion from them etc.

You need Stable->Cavalry Commander->Heavy Cavalry Commander->Personal Guard Captain to recruit Hussars which cost about 25,000 thalers to build/apoint.

If you want to preserve the Hussars that you currently have, it's a good idea to invest in the Surgery skill, as I find that it'll save a lot of your troops from death.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
If you want to preserve the Hussars that you currently have, it's a good idea to invest in the Surgery skill, as I find that it'll save a lot of your troops from death.

Already have two members on 7 and 8. Thats what I wonder about and it was same for me in WB. Lets say I loose 7 dragoons then most times one is killed, but when I loose reiters/WH/any other high level men theyre rather killed than wounded (about one survive from five with this levels of surgery in my game) Like elite units were only destined to die while recruits are permissed to survive a while longer. :mrgreen:

Thanks about town tip. :smile: Right now I roam as landless outlaw waiting untill Khovansky gets his muscovite ass out of Pskov. :twisted: Will try free spawning Hussars after all the upgrades after I get all the stables going. This looks really good. :smile: And costs like 5 rounds of trading beer/honey/wine/cheese/sausages between towns. :roll:

how come when i recruit men from the unit commanders in cities, i don't have the units i bought added to my army? I bought my men at one of the towns near bachisaray on the crimean penninsula. :neutral:. do i need to own the castle myself?

They take a couple (3?) days to train, so after you order them at the commander, you need to wait a bit, then come back and collect them - any surplus troops (that'd exceed your current party size limit) will simply be lost, though.

Back
Top Bottom