Best Rifle

Which modern rifle do you think is best?

• G36E

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • XM8

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • L85A2

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Sig 556

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Steyr Aug A1

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • HK 416

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • M14

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • AK47/AK74

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The Barret probably is the most powerful(It is a 50 cal afterall)
The M24 is the most widely used
The L96 is also a 50 cal rifle ,but not as effective as the Barret, yet more versatile

Yeah, our cadet thing had a overveiw of the Nations forces, RAF,Army, Navy and SAS.

Weapons were shown, fired, evaluated, quizzes on which would be best in a given situation. BLAH.

And yeah, they showed thoses rifles.
I just personally like the Barret becuase it was modelled offan anti-tank rifle in WWI(II?)

M25 for a common caliber weapon and Cheyenne Tactical M-200 Intervention for a special/large caliber rifle, with the .408.

I'd probably go for any old .308 farm rifle with some slight... modifications.

Stock removed and replaced by a lightweight fiberglass one to save on weight, and barrel only supported in two places. Works good out to any range i'd realistically need.

Or just a radio to call an airstrike.

Overcompensating for something? :razz:
They are a powerful rifle, i'll admit. I fired a .375/75 chambered rifle once. had a rock sitting on the hill at the end of the range to aim at. I missed by about 25cm. The rock was gone though!

OP, What exactly are we shooting at though? targets? roo's? if so, i'll stick with my choice.

For a big round, I'd say the Zastava M93 Blackarrow

For small round by far the mosin nagant... you just cant argue with it  :neutral:

[EDIT] Although this looks pretty sick http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn76-e.htm  :shock:

RalliX said:
The Barret probably is the most powerful(It is a 50 cal afterall)
The M24 is the most widely used
The L96 is also a 50 cal rifle ,but not as effective as the Barret, yet more versatile
Barret makes guns, it's not a model. And there are MUCH bigger weapons than m24 used for anti-matter purposes.

For example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_XM109
Chambered for !!!!25x59mm!!!! cartridge.

Doesn't make it the "best" though.

Back
Top Bottom