Best faction? What do they stand for?

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no best and worst faction in this game. Certain factions just suit certain styles of play better.

Just tell us how you want to play and someone will suggest a certain faction that goes with this style.

Do you want to play mounted or dismounted?
Do you want to play cavalry focussed, archer focussed or infantry focussed?
Do you want to play western style, eastern style or mongolian style, viking style?
Do you want to be a commander or a warrior?
Do you want to be an archer, a knight, a footman?

There is no preferred play style, I just want to know what each represent, and if there is no story, what is the difference?

AwesomeRific said:
There is no preferred play style, I just want to know what each represent, and if there is no story, what is the difference?

Nords > Big dumb guys with big weapons best infrantary best at sieges...still they get own by cavalary becouse they got none...
Vaegirs > Good cavlary and archers...blanced...
Swadians > Similar to Vaegirs good cavalary and cross/bowmarksmans...
Rohodoks > They are weakest but still they are easy to train and in short time you can spam lots of bolts  again nords cant get close :smile: no cavalary but great shields so actually i think they better against cavalary than nords...
Khergits > My favorite easy to train fast all mounted(i like speed) but weak in close combat still lancers arent bad and mounted archers they own every infrantary on field Nords cant even get close :smile: i play them all the time my favorite :smile:

Im not expert i only play Khergits becouse i like them so i might be wrong about other things still archer on mount owns no caravan can escape from khergits and castles are spamed with arrows will surrender too :smile: and dont fear Vaegir or Swadian cavalary they are usually small in numbers so you can have 2-3 much more lancers ZERG rulez...

the Rhodoks are somewhat underpowered imo the spearmen should get a bonus vs horse, perhaps a maneuvor somewhat like the lance charge, but they present a spear stuck in the gorund and held firm

AwesomeRific said:

If you want to know more about the factions then listen to your companions when they tell you their story, overall the Rhodoks are the "good guys" (freedom)

If you ment "best faction" by their military strenght than probably the vaegirs are the strongest and most versatile.

There's no such thing as good or bad in M&B, it's all shades of grey.

That's always been the case, even in the real world, but the retarded Western media always has to have a 'good' and 'evil'.  :roll:

Anyway, here's a  general overview-

Nords: Excellent high-tier infantry, but have deficiencies in ranged support and cavalry (aka none). You probably need to recruit mercenaries or non-faction troops to make up for this, unless you really enjoy playing pure Nords. The Huscarl is the benchmark against which all other infantry is compared.

Vaegirs: Known for their archer tree. Vaegir Marksmen are absolute bloody murder; but they don't really lack in other trees. Decent infantry and cavalry.

Swadia: The heavy cavalry are bloody awesome. Swadian Knights are extremely ****ing good, even spears and pikes don't do much to stop a massed charge. No deficiencies in ranged or melee, but the ranged tree usually uses crossbows.

Khergits: Patterned after Parthians and Mongols. Almost every troop is mounted, though I'm not so sure about the basic Khergit Tribesmen, and have the best light cavalry in the game (the Khergit Lancer). Khergits are whined about in almost every sub-forum, so that kinda gives you an idea of their ability.

Rhodoks: The noob faction. They're somewhat of a 'peasant rebellion'. Their melee tree is real bad.That said, their ranged tree is pretty decent (Rhodok Sharpshooters are excellent crossbowmen), and they seem to breed like rabbits. If you do not wish to tear your hair out in frustration when you play this faction, Fei Dao's Rhodok improvement mod is highly recommended. It turns the Rhodoks from abhuman peasant scum to actual contenders for Calradia.  :grin:

Mercenaries: If you can, you usually want to avoid recruiting from here. IMO, the crossbowmen are suck. The infantry tree and cavalry tree lands you with half-decent troops, but they do seem to cost more in upkeep.

No, its not like a western movie cliche where there are clearly good guys with white hats and bad guys with black hats, the factions live their lives by different ways but none of them are "bad" or "evil"

Rhodoks are the most civilized and they are the closest to the today western society so the average people there have more rights than for example the people in Swadian, the factions are representing different cultures and times, like vaegirs -> swadia -> Rhodok, from the past to the future, vaegirs are people who lived around the collapse of the Roman Empire, the swadians are the Dark Ages guys and Rhodoks are the italian city state guys with more renaissance views than dark age ones.

Nords are the scandinavian/viking equivalents (but not the pillaging ones, they are the Sea Raiders, the Nords are better) and Khergits are savages who smells bad, still lives on trees and eats eachother when you dont see them :razz:

Calradia was once a united empire in the distant past, when it collapsed the Swadians, Vaegirs and Nords went their own way. It's a bit like Constantinople really, the Nords were likely foreigners from the same region as the Sea Raiders who settled under the empire, somewhat analogous to the Varangians of our own history. After the collapse of the empire the Rhodocks rebelled from Swadia, and the Khergits first invaded and then settled the area (much like the Mongols of our own history).

There's no real good/bad guy dynamic, each faction is a bit of a composite of real world counterparts; Swadia = European feudalism, Vaegir = Russian/Slavic, Nords = Vikings, Khergits = Mongols and the Rhodocks = just about every peasant rebellion :lol: It makes about as much sense to say the Swadians are the bad guys as it does to say the same thing about Medieval France or Germany.

You should probably try experimenting with different troops to see which ones you like the best.

Don't listen to what the others say - the Rhodoks are bunch of smellly insolent flat-footed peasents who needs a good gutting. [BAD BAD PEOPLE]

Back
Top Bottom