Before suggesting for a mod - see here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Answer these questions YES or NO.

1. Are you the first one suggesting this? (do a search)
2. Would it be possible to make this mod in M&B? (engine limitations and hardcoded things)
3. Would anyone really want to make it for you?
4. Would anyone really want to play it?
5. Could you contribute to the mod in some way?

Each positive answer gives 1 point.

5-10: This mod could be worth suggesting for. But even more, how about giving it a go and trying to do it yourself? Exprienced modders are most likely going to help you in the problems you may (will) run into. And even more, someone might want to join your team!
0-4,9: You propably haven't thought of this into the very end. If you really want a mod like this, try to make it yourself, but it's propably not worth the try anyway, especially if you answered NO to #2.

my only problem is the first question. i understand what you mean because it annoys the crap out of everyone when you repeat requests, but now that we have version 731, and guns, there are things that can be done now that couldn't be done before, like the wild west mod. that would actually be a good mod to make.

Dynamite_cow said:
5-10: This mod could be worth suggesting for. 0-5: You propably haven't thought of this into the very end.

5 is repeated, clearly a mistake. How about 6-10 for the top option and 0-5 for the bottom. That makes the most sense. :wink:

What we really need is someone to keep updated a Mod Suggestion sticky. A thread where people can briefly discuss the prospects of new Mods - and each time a new Mod idea is mentioned, it's added to the first post of the thread.

That way newcomers can go to -one- thread to find out if their idea has already been mentioned somewhere, and even read through the thread to see what kind of response it got.

How about 0-10, "good idea! Go make it and tell us when you're finished..wait, dont tell me, you cant script, cant texture, cant model and cant type. Take your f****** meds and stand down soldier!"

Edit: well, its a bit harsh but it made me laugh.

Good post though i still think people will post for mods without seeing this topic even if it were a sticky.just the other day some guy was asking for a list of mods,when there is already a sticky for that same purpose. :sad:

Damien said:
What we really need is someone to keep updated a Mod Suggestion sticky. A thread where people can briefly discuss the prospects of new Mods - and each time a new Mod idea is mentioned, it's added to the first post of the thread.

That way newcomers can go to -one- thread to find out if their idea has already been mentioned somewhere, and even read through the thread to see what kind of response it got.
Doesn't Sheek's Mods & Tools thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=6332

have a section for "New Mods Announced / Mod Ideas" ??

That might fit the bill, eh?

DE

I don't think a lot of newcomers would even think to look there. I certainly never did and I've been here awhile now.

I'm kind of torn about this idea, and indeed getting on people for posting an infeasible mod, or one that they don't intend to build. Yes, it's annoying to look at the new topics, and find what appear to be promises of something to come, and it does end up cluttering the board as a whole, but these threads tend to disappear fairly quickly, if no one's trying to make the mod.

On the other hand, there's the possibility of missing out on an idea which might not occur to someone otherwise. For example, I have an idea for a mod adding a peculiar form of magic, which I believe can be done. I'm not posting it, because honestly, I want to give it a try. If I had no intention of building it, I would feel that I should share the idea, as I believe (ah the vanity!) that there might be some generalized value to the concept (even outside of magic). If someone were to make something like what I'm considering, I wouldn't even attempt it, as I'm pretty sure that they would do a better job.

Given the amount of harm that I see out of these "oh, why isn't there an xyz mod?" type of posts, I really don't see cutting the possibility that someone may gain some insight. Indeed, thinking about why a mod can't be done could well give ideas for something else.

Ancientwanker said:
wait, dont tell me, you cant script, cant texture, cant model and cant type.

I fit in this category. except for the typign bit anywasy. :smile:

Oh, and I have a great idea for a mod too. Let me know when you have some spare time eh?

:twisted:

Back
Top Bottom