OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, I've had something similar come up before but damn me if I remember how to fix it.  :neutral:

Try going through the process by which you installed Python. Check this forum and follow the steps to reinstall.

It looks like you've got a problem with the editor settings rather than anything else.

Maybe someone else can help.

Right click on build modules bat and select edit. Then change everything to this:
@echo off
del "D:\Mount&Blade0.890\Modules\teutonic_order\tag_uses.txt"
del "D:\Mount&Blade0.890\Modules\teutonic_order\quick_strings.txt"
C:\Python25\python.exe process_global_variables.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_strings.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_skills.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_music.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_animations.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_meshes.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_sounds.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_particle_sys.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_skins.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_map_icons.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_factions.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_items.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_scene_props.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_presentations.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_scenes.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_troops.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_party_tmps.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_parties.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_quests.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_scripts.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_mission_tmps.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_game_menus.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_simple_triggers.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_dialogs.py
C:\Python25\python.exe process_global_variables_unused.py
@del *.pyc
echo.
echo ______________________________
echo.
echo Script processing has ended.
echo Press any key to exit. . .
pause>nul

Should work.

King Yngvar said:
Thanks for the info. It got me half-way through. Until I tried to launch build_module.bat. I got the following message (lousy translation):

python is not recognized as an internal or external command,
runable(?) program or not translated file.
(this repeats many times)
Cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\etc\mb_module_system_0903_0\ModuleSystem\*.pyc

Do you understand what this mean?

Use the search feature here or just read the faq at python.org.  That question has come up and been answered numerous times already.

Thanks guys, I think I may have a chance of figuring it out now. The module system and python was all new to me. I've just gotten used to the fact that most things can be edited in simple but tedious text files after unpacking in Total War :wink:

Should be a straight copy and paste and compile without errors.  Try compiling again.  If that doesn't do it look at MarkusII's example on the previous page showing where to paste the mission_template section.

hey i thought I would ask this in this thread because it deals with formations and stuff

now that there is formations like stand ground and stand in V shape is it posable to stand in a square and keep that formation ?

Another idea is, maybe do combo formations. Like, archers in the middle (open order), infantry behind them (two rows staggered so you can order them forward on contact), cavalry split in two groups to the flanks. With one keystroke. Stuff like that.

Is it equipment only that defines whether an NPC is cavalry infantry, archer or companion? I'd just really like to differentiate between archers (infantry in my mod - muskets) and skirmishers by utilising the unused infantry and companion sections.

Is it possible to add the use only blunt weapons/use any weapon command for these formations?

Ealdormann Hussey said:
Is it equipment only that defines whether an NPC is cavalry infantry, archer or companion? I'd just really like to differentiate between archers (infantry in my mod - muskets) and skirmishers by utilising the unused infantry and companion sections.
If you mean hero npc's, they are cavalry with a horse, infantry without. I'm not sure quite what separates infantry and archers for m+b purposes. I think it may be tf_guarantee_ranged. If you just want it that way for the formations, you could use a troop_set_slot to assign every troop's class for the formation's purposes at the game start and change the code to read that instead, but that would be hellishly hard.

Ealdormann Hussey said:
Is it possible to add the use only blunt weapons/use any weapon command for these formations?
Since the formations operate on the same classes as the default m+b commands, you can just go ahead and give those commands to whoever is in formation.

@ealabor  At this hour my eyes aren't seeing anything wrong with what you've done. 

@Mirathei, Hussey  Yes it's tf_guarantee_ranged that determines if a footsoldier is an archer.  Simply having a horse makes them cavalry.  If they lose the horse then they switch to either infantry or archer class.

Thanks LCJr, do you know what defines companions? Just being a hero or something else?

Mirathei, so wold you need to say:
Press J for a line, press 4 for cavalry then f11 for blunt weapons? Or could you just go straight J then f11?

Ealdormann Hussey said:
Thanks LCJr, do you know what defines companions? Just being a hero or something else?

What Mirathei said, they're either infantry or cavalry these days not a separate class. 

Mirathei, out of interest what is preventing us from telling a formation to advance 10 paces or attack?

Zaro said:
Mirathei, out of interest what is preventing us from telling a formation to advance 10 paces or attack?

you can't do that? sucks. :sad:

Mirathei said:
I like that idea, fisheye. I think I may just do that this weekend.

for these complex special formations a cycling menu could be good. As AW did in TLD, you press a button and cycle through possible formations and then confirm with another button..

Back
Top Bottom