Battlefield 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Arvenski said:
The Ross infantry rifle is so nice as a medium-range marksman's gun. It's hard-hitting, accurate, has a quicker RoF than the SMLE due to its straight-pull bolt... Thanks largely to it, I've been playing scout way more than any of the other classes lately. Killing people with it just doesn't seem to get old. And the Mars Automatic is a pretty darn good backup plan for when things get too close for effective rifle use.

Finally I'm enjoying scout, too, thanks to this suggestion.
Now, if only I knew what's the purpose of support since machine guns are so weak in this game...a longer distance assault maybe?

This game has BDSM fantasies with CPU and I have a mere Ryzen 3 2200g. But I could and did overclocked it to 3,90 GHz with stock cooler. I'm lucky enough.

F.F.C._fritz said:
Now, if only I knew what's the purpose of support since machine guns are so weak in this game...a longer distance assault maybe?
I actually don't believe this since machine guns are pretty much balanced. The problem is smgs, since some of them just overcome most other automatic firing guns, they make lmgs look bad. If you hate lower RPM-high spread lmgs try Burton LMR or BAR. Both have 20 round mag but different characteristics than other guns. Burton is famas of BF1 and have double switchable mags on it. BAR is BAR.

There was this lmg called IMG 08/18 if I remember the name correct and it feels like a mediocre assault rifle with 100 bullets mag. Both hipfire and ads accuracy is fine. Low-Medium RPM, medium damage, medium recoil, easy to use ironsights.

Just googled it for make sure and yes, it's IMG 08/18 Low Weight I'm talking about. You also reload it with rolling the belt backwards which is sweet lol.

Ahem.
1200px-08_15_Logo_001.svg.png

Maybe I'm just used to different games, but to flank three guys and starting firing your LMG at them at relatively short distance only to die after the fourth bullet just injured one of them...eh, I still have to get used to it. This damage thing is really off sometimes. I mean, if it was Red Orchestra 2 or Rising Storm 2 a burst would have been fair enough to kill all of them. But I understand it is not the same game...

F.F.C._fritz said:
I mean, if it was Red Orchestra 2 or Rising Storm 2 a burst would have been fair enough to kill all of them. But I understand it is not the same game...
True. I always love realism in combat so I can totally relate to. Battlefield 1's combat system is just too arcade for the franchise. So it is really good when they are turning things back in BFV even to a lot of feature of that game is bad they are doing BF4 style combat mechanics with faster time to kill.

But still I insist you to try Burton LMR. Bullet damage is low in the game so you need to compensate it with high rate of fire. Also you can shoot down planes with it.

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
I mean, if it was Red Orchestra 2 or Rising Storm 2 a burst would have been fair enough to kill all of them. But I understand it is not the same game...
True. I always love realism in combat so I can totally relate to. Battlefield 1's combat system is just too arcade for the franchise. So it is really good when they are turning things back in BFV even to a lot of feature of that game is bad they are doing BF4 style combat mechanics with faster time to kill.

But still I insist you to try Burton LMR. Bullet damage is low in the game so you need to compensate it with high rate of fire. Also you can shoot down planes with it.

I'd be content to shoot down planes just for the sake of it. Most of the time, they are not really that threatening. Thanks!  :grin:

If you hate lower RPM-high spread LMGs...
Those things suck. I thought support was the worst class in the beta, and while Iirc they changed LMGs since then I've still been avoiding them. Luckily I found that the support class also gets this revolver rifle, so using that plus mortars makes it at least playable. I still play the other classes way more, though

Anyway, it's pretty funny to look back at when BF 1 launched. Everybody was rightly pissed off by the absence of French and Russians and the overabundance of americans; now that the game is finally fully released (that is, sadly, several DLCs later) russians and french are two of the most represented factions, with beautiful and researched maps, while the americans only have a couple of them.  :mrgreen:

F.F.C._fritz said:
Anyway, it's pretty funny to look back at when BF 1 launched. Everybody was rightly pissed off by the absence of French and Russians and the overabundance of americans; now that the game is finally fully released (that is, sadly, several DLCs later) russians and french are two of the most represented factions, with beautiful and researched maps, while the americans only have a couple of them.  :mrgreen:
From this we can learn something. DICE needs to be slapped in the face before doing something right. Same goes for back in Battlefield 4 and now Battlefield V.

One thing I must give credits would be definitely the OSTs. I love OSTs generally and they did a great job with BF1's soundtracks.

Edit: Ah and, THIS:

"It's funny how the theme starts and EVERYONE is doing good now even the noobs!"
"My KD goes from .80 to 3 by the end of the track"
"this makes the round so much more intense.. when it starts playing it's like all,out war. snipers who were in the back are now bayonet charging enemies on the flag. gas grenades flood the screen. bullets flying everywhere. such an impression"
"See, this is the kind of music fps games need. end sequence music that motivates players to pull their heads out of their buts and make the battle more intense and actually trying their best to win the game. vanilla bf1 did okay at this music, they shall not pass did very good, I expect much better from in the name of the tsar."

Yeah, music is great, sometimes even a bit distracting though.

Everytime your conquer something in Monte Grappa or Empire Edge and this starts I start rushing to next objective screaming SAVOIAAAAAA - only to get obviously mowed down.  :lol:

Also, this (which is pretty rare on multi)

Update: I discovered what the support class is for, you just have to unlock machine guns with telescopic sight. It's scout + assault in a single role. Actually, not bad at all!

Anybody knows what are the weapon skins for? Do they make weapons more powerful or they just make them look horribly and ridicously decorated?

Side note: sounds a bit like a paradox, but for all its unrealism etc., Battlefield 1 really made me curious to know more about WWI.

Back
Top Bottom