Battle Size Changer v1.1 for M&B .700 - 1.011+

Users who are viewing this thread

Alpertunga said:
oww no i speak a little english and you dont understan me friend  i say i have got 2048 kinstone ram 7800gtx asus and 3.8 amd63 x2 its good pc
Nah, I understood. The option as high as 400 is there just in case there's someone who has a system (maybe in the future) that ends up being able to handle that many. I don't care how beastly your system is, I don't see any normal system built on parts currently available being able to have that many units.

Also, make sure you have your configuration settings for M&B (from the first screen) set to the maximum values. You should be able to set it to at least 100, if not 200-300. Remember that you may only see problems once you finally encounter battles that large. If you have it set to 400 and have a small battle of 30 units, it shouldn't crash.

Honestly that's not exactly a high end video card. Anyway, what's causing you to crash is lack of memory. Your video card will only slow your FPS down to less than 1. Proccessing power will also effect the FPS and not the crashes.

sneakey pete said:
*throws geforce 4 5700fx into bin*

Colt said:
Honestly that's not exactly a high end video card. Anyway, what's causing you to crash is lack of memory. Your video card will only slow your FPS down to less than 1. Proccessing power will also effect the FPS and not the crashes.

Once it was the best money could buy. I can imagine in 2008, people will be buying 7800's for their Media PC's and office PC's, for 'low level gameing'

Liberious said:
So does this mod suck bollocks for lower level chars?

Well no, if this mod allows 2-400, then in theory you could also limit the number of enemies to a more manageable number for a low level character.

I'm definitely going to try this.

thanks my bro i do it problem i play relax  gema dont say error  thks  you do it mod

sory i speak a little english lol

My computer takes a serious hit in FPS in these big battles (like down to 6 FPS) any tips stopping it slow down so much?

Marth said:
My computer takes a serious hit in FPS in these big battles (like down to 6 FPS) any tips stopping it slow down so much?
Try adjusting your graphics settings, in the launch window click "configure". Be sure you save your changes.

Marth said:
If you turn off all the graphical extras, you will probably experience some framerate improvement, though don't expect anything huge.

Neat work, although I'm kinda dissapointed that I can't set the rate to 400 due to the computer crash. Especially in the Last Days mod where are large hosts, patrols and battles this would be essential.

Anyhow there's something wrong with the spawning system. When troops spawn in large masses they frequently "fall from the sky" which causes their horses to get crippled and troops to get unconcious. It would be better if the troops spawned in 1-10 columns than in long lines or rows. Is there anything to be done?

Keinonen said:
Anyhow there's something wrong with the spawning system. When troops spawn in large masses they frequently "fall from the sky" which causes their horses to get crippled and troops to get unconcious. It would be better if the troops spawned in 1-10 columns than in long lines or rows. Is there anything to be done?
Nope, the spawning methods are hard-coded in the game.

Copied from a new thread:

mikeynov said:
Just curious if there's any inherent risk in using the battle sizer mod with .751 on future releases, e.g. corrupted saved games and the like.

It was technically designed for ~.731 or something but seems to work just fine with the latest build.

Nah, it only changes the options.dat file, none of the data is stored to the saved games. The options.dat file basically includes all settings you can access from within the game, that's it.

Further, if/when Armagan adds new in-game options, the file size of options.dat will change, and the newer Battle Size Changer will refuse to edit it if it doesn't recognize the file length (will notify you of the difference). Similarly, the older .711 and back of M&B have a smaller options.dat file which it can recognize and work with as well. It's a simple enough matter of updating it in the future to work with new options.dat file sizes.

You can solve the falling from the sky thing by moving the entry point to make room for the extra troops before they start hitting the outer boundaries of the battlefield.

how do u get it to work? Where do i save it too? How i acess it once saved?

Its on desktop, but when i click on it, it doesnt work...has errors..

Dannyhamster said:
how do u get it to work? Where do i save it too? How i acess it once saved?

Its on desktop, but when i click on it, it doesnt work...has errors..
You get it to work by running the file which you download (which installs it), then running the shortcut it puts on the desktop (if you chose to let it put on there) and choosing a battle size.

Is it the installer giving you errors or the desktop link after installation is complete? Also, what is the error it gives you? That could just possibly be helpful to know.

Back
Top Bottom