MP Tutorial Scenes Basic Guide On Mapping (Scene Making) In Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, pretty sure it's answered there but i'm not that great with all this stuff, so if somebody could really simply explain how to add both the night time and rain effects, that'd be great! Like i said, i'm really bad so if you could be so kind as to put it in simple steps from opening edit mode to finishing, that'd be really helpful and much appreciated. Thanks in advance :grin:

Not sure where to ask this, but here goes:

Ive been making a night map on NW, but for some reason, the light effects are not working. Ive tried both the regular light and the light_night, but neither produce any light. Ive tried in both the Scene Edit mode, and the Deathmatch mode, but no change.

smurfkidharley said:
Ok, pretty sure it's answered there but i'm not that great with all this stuff, so if somebody could really simply explain how to add both the night time and rain effects, that'd be great! Like i said, i'm really bad so if you could be so kind as to put it in simple steps from opening edit mode to finishing, that'd be really helpful and much appreciated. Thanks in advance :grin:

Prop settings
# Weather scene props
mm_weather_time      # var1 = time of day 0-23; Default = 15 (hours)
mm_weather_rain        # var1 = rain type; 1 = rain 2 = snow, var2 = rain amount 0-25
mm_weather_clouds  # var1 = cloud amount 0-100; Default = 30
mm_weather_fog        # var1 = fog distance in meters * 10 where fog completely blocks visibility. 1-127; 0 = default (no fog)
mm_weather_thunder      # var1 = thunder type: 0 = none 1 = thunder only 2 = thunder & lighting,
                                    # var2 = thunder frequency 0-100 ; the higher value the more thunder
mm_weather_wind      # var1 = flora_wind_strength in % 0-100; Default = 14
                                    # var2 = water_wind_strength in % 0-100; Default = 14

Add this sceneprops, then edit their vars, just like with the doors.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Not sure where to ask this, but here goes:

Ive been making a night map on NW, but for some reason, the light effects are not working. Ive tried both the regular light and the light_night, but neither produce any light. Ive tried in both the Scene Edit mode, and the Deathmatch mode, but no change.

We have deleted lights due to performance issues and it looking really bad with the current lightmapping in Warband. I guess you will have to go without it..

Forgive me, but where can I find the "NW_Sample_Battle.txt" document?  I've done a search in my Warband folder and am unable to find it; should I be making it?

sorry resolved

this point i don't understand

"To make it a battle map place the entry points  0 (for team one) and 32 (for team two)."

i make a entry point in map for team1 0-31 32-64 for team2

insert code in scene.txt but my server log load a map but not write in list...

if i insert in nw_team_deathmatch.txt
add_map mp_custom_map_3
set_map mp_custom_map_3

work ok map is good ...but not in list :sad:((
thx

but where i find prop for change map for team,siege or kommander...only different number of entry point set type of map?

when i place entry point in map for team 1 and team 2 i set a var for set  team 1 or team 2 ????

or entry point n° 0-32 auto for team 1 and 32-64 team 2?

CKtheFat said:
Forgive me, but where can I find the "NW_Sample_Battle.txt" document?  I've done a search in my Warband folder and am unable to find it; should I be making it?

I really want to know as well, I've been making a few maps and I cant find NW_Sample_Battle.txt either.

Input: add_map mp_custom_map_3
Added new map to list: 113 - mp_custom_map_3
Input: set_map mp_custom_map_3
Next map is set to: 113 - mp_custom_map_3
Input: add_map mp_custom_map_1
Added new map to list: 111 - mp_custom_map_1
Input: add_map mp_contrbattery
Added new map to list: 0 - random_scene
Input: add_map mp_arabian_harbour
Added new map to list: 16 - mp_arabian_harbour
Input: add_map mp_arabian_village
Added new map to list: 18 - mp_arabian_village
Input: add_map mp_ardennes

my log ...server....i make one spawn point and set var 0....i make another spawn point and set var 32....
Maps list:
1- mp_custom_map_3 (currently running)
2- mp_custom_map_1
3- random_scene
4- mp_arabian_harbour
5- mp_arabian_village
6- mp_ardennes
7- mp_avignon
8- mp_borodino
9- mp_champs_elysees
10- mp_columbia_farm_morning
11- mp_european_city_summer
12- mp_french_farm
13- mp_german_village
14- mp_hougoumont
15- mp_landshut
16- mp_oaksfield_day
17- mp_river_crossing_morning
18- mp_roxburgh
19- mp_russian_village
20- mp_schemmerbach
21- mp_slovenian_village
22- mp_spanish_farm
23- mp_spanish_mountain_pass
24- mp_spanish_village
25- mp_strangefields
26- mp_walloon_farm

Input:
but map not in administration pannel list...

Q: Quick question how do I add my Custom_Scene_1 to my server and how do I make it a battle map.

A: To make it a battle map place the entry points  0 (for team one) and 32 (for team two).
To add it to the server add this line to the NW_Sample_Battle.txt file "add_map mp_custom_map_5"

not working..fix the tutorial or make a youtube video....
....set entry point and enable custom map in  dedicated server....

diego1255 said:
My map has an invisible wall that is not an object etc.    Any ideas?
Care to elaborate? If you want it removing and can't find it just get it from the placed props list and delete it there.

Big Mac said:
diego1255 said:
Care to elaborate? If you want it removing and can't find it just get it from the placed props list and delete it there.

Thing is, It is not a prop. And I was suggested it is a boundary barrier but my little fort (for group fighting, pretty simple) Is right in the middle of the map.

got one question. When I have biggest map no rivers no forest code etc etc. with outer terain beach.
then when I elevate the ground and save and start the map again. it wont start the edited map but the one I started on...
can please someone help me

thx  :wink:

diego1255 said:
Big Mac said:
diego1255 said:

Thing is, It is not a prop. And I was suggested it is a boundary barrier but my little fort (for group fighting, pretty simple) Is right in the middle of the map.
Could you post a picture?

Big Mac said:
diego1255 said:
Big Mac said:
diego1255 said:

Could you post a picture?

Here are some pictures.
CB5D5A97418332536740143D932591DA6C1D342E
FE0315E8ACCFFA69FD92A075FB5564BD5BDB29D9
81231A9E42BCAB13217C6A973A41219B34EA0786
13C02D19E8859472844A20B4EC5AB21C39D85CEE

Yea and just note this is the first map I have EVER made so please go easy if I am doing something stupid :smile: and thankyou Big Mac for your interest

Back
Top Bottom