Bannerlord is beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

I finally deleted Bannerlord. Why? Personal stuff, I will also stop lurking the forums because I dont think its doing too good for my sanity to post and comment every single day, but its been fun and also frustrating.
Since my comments on this game have been bitter lately I wanted to leave with a show of love of this game and its potential, I wanted to say that this game is very, very beautiful, I even consider it one of the most impressive games I've played (Now dont throw shade at me I've played a lot of good loking games, this comment is geniune). Whoever worked for the art in this game nailed it, the scenes are always impressive and espectacular, the music accompanies every place too and give an outstanding mood, I took some screens during my playthroughs and please notice that they have a very poor quality (I dont have the game on steam so I used other programs to screenshot that made them look like trash, the binds were terrible etc, etc) and watching a picture doesnt give the same sensation than seeing it alive, they're not a lot neither but whatever, here they are.

You've built an incredible stage Taleworlds, all you need to bring now is a screenplay and characters. I'll come back to this game and forum for the next vacations, hopefully there will be a lot of progress!

Thank you for this game TW

PD: WHO IS THIS MERLON AND WHY IS HE PHOTOBOMBING ALL MY SCREENSHOTS

yzHsBH2.png

Vlandian Village
2NoYKDz.png

Battanian Castle
c70W84S.png

Vlandian Beach
gIG2U8a.png

Aserai Keep entrance
6Qgz4Ai.png

Vlandian Tavern
2zyYYuy.png

Aserai town at night
36I49Hb.png

Vlandian Town
uBAbFEl.png

I just love these little alleys
Av6NN94.png

Window View
DpnLRlA.png

Having a pint (with his helmet on?)
mWStJlk.png

The boys
cGDHMkZ.png

Sad old men
j9Uztib.png

Do you perhaps know where I can find good dialog?
jyrLoNs.png
Galba looking cool as usual
trn5EJe.png

She be looking kinda cute?
tUZG0M8.png

Vlandians being lectured (this is a nice spot for a side quest, I need this place to be a spot for a side quest, maybe a knighthood?)
XMEVmaS.png

Galba and his wife
qefk7ZL.png

Cool looking maid
sRGroml.png

Taverner doing tavern stuff
jz9yDcb.png

"This is fine"
JWK6b5t.png

Spooky girl?
TTwkojX.png

"What she sees"
P8qBfja.png

Some weird ufos are invading Aserai??
CxhOrd3.png

Yeah definetly some weird stuff happening at Aserai
Sbc4f14.png

"Why we're still here?"

Improve Bannerlord, my final message, goodbye.

Last edited:
But yes, the visuals elsewhere look fantastic but unfortunately, in true Mount and Blade fashion, are massively underutilised, if at all (which they aren't). The lord's bedroom / study room in castles are one of the coziest, homely looking places I've seen, but there's no gameplay incentive to or benefit in even visiting them; Can't sleep, read, write, administer, anything..

But yes, the visuals elsewhere look fantastic but unfortunately, in true Mount and Blade fashion, are massively underutilised, if at all (which they aren't). The lord's bedroom / study room in castles are one of the coziest, homely looking places I've seen, but there's no gameplay incentive to or benefit in even visiting them; Can't sleep, read, write, administer, anything..
Yeah, that is precisely what I advocate for. I've posted a lot of threads about how to improve immersion, hopefully when I come back they have done something about it. K this is my final message for real.

Same with the town scenes, I thought one of TW's main focuses was going to be on improving uses for town scenes? Now they are worse, you don't even get jumped by bandits with your companions anymore.

Yeah, that is precisely what I advocate for. I've posted a lot of threads about how to improve immersion, hopefully when I come back they have done something about it. K this is my final message for real.
Same with the town scenes, I thought one of TW's main focuses was going to be on improving uses for town scenes? Now they are worse, you don't even get jumped by bandits with your companions anymore.
So you want to play either a new version of Sims Medieval or Kingdom Come Deliverance will full scale battles?

On a serious note, though I do think the devs should play KCD just to get a feel for how much can be done within a town.

@MArdA TaleWorlds I dont know if you're the one to bother, but I would like to thank personally the art departament of this game, I know I'm just a random citizen for you guys but I would literally like to hug the entire team. Please send my regards.

@markp27 I would love a sims medieval mod tbh :lol::lol::lol:

THIS IS MY FINAL GOODBYE NOT LYING IM GOING TO BLOCK THIS SITE BECAUSE I CANT STOP LURKING IT

It is very true. The art is beautiful. I often find myself entering a scene and be like "oh wow". Especially a Battania castle siege on a snowy night, that right there, is glorious.

So you want to play either a new version of Sims Medieval or Kingdom Come Deliverance will full scale battles?
Haven't played either but last thing I'd mind being added to Bannerlord is some well executed [RPG] elements and depth. But even a system as basic as Attila's (1212 AD's at least) implementation of dynasties, basic kingdom management and diplomacy satisfied me more than M&B, let alone Bannerlord ever had.
Trying to balance your statutory dominance over your subjects as being on either extremes of the spectrum has adverse effects on your public order, integrity of armies, loyalty of vassals or tax efficiency. Keeping an eye on your family members and vassals for their loyalty, possibly due to their or (influenced by) their wives' personalities, might diminish and they could attempt to take up arms; you can try to secure their loyalty at the cost of influence points, diminish their popularity or assasinate them, and in some cases they will even ask for bribes.
Or, take for example the adverse effects of rapid territorial expansion:
- If you're already a prosperous nation, there will be immense population growth for which if you aren't prepared accordingly, your realm might suffer famines, leading to decreasing public order, desertions and attrition in armies, decreased growth, higher chance of disease and less income and less growth etc.
- Securing newly-conquered cities; You will have to garrison armies in your cities to stabilize the region and bring order, by repairing buildings damaged from the siege, appointing governors and sometimes harsh policies and lastly either bring religious tolerance to a religiously divided province, or attempt to slowly convert them by building places of worship of your state religion. And you also have only about 4-6 armies early-mid game.
- Diplomatic penalty gained from military actions and rising imperium, pretty straight-forward, though most of the time it'll usually result in getting countless non-agression offers and gifts from Holy Roman vassals. Though some rulers admire great powers, so it may sometimes be an advantage in diplomacy.

I could go on forever, but I think you get my point...

Oh and forgot to say: Now imagine that with an extra thicc layer of immersion and RP potential: A fictional, customizable world and characters, customizable in appearance and personality. That's a worldbuilder's wet dream right there, including that of yours truly.

Last edited:
Obviously we need a conception mini-game so we can appreciate the comfiness of the lord's bedroom.

When Cyberpunk2077 comes out, you'll truly know what the word beautiful means, not to mention that Cyberpunk2077 will be released before Bannerlord.
I don't mean scenes in the game isn't tolerating. The game industry in Turkey is in the early stage and it's rising sharply. I have all respect for that. Congratulations from China. Just don't content yourselves with this little achievement. TW is kind of Turkey's pride now.

Last edited:
When Cyberpunk2077 comes out, you'll truly know what the word beautiful means, not to mention that Cyberpunk2077 will be released before Bannerlord.
I don't mean scenes in the game isn't tolerating. The game industry in Turkey is in the early stage and it's rising sharply. I have all respect for that. Congratulations from China. Just don't content yourselves with this little achievement. TW is kind of Turkey's proud now.

I bet it is. I like TW, and makes me think better of the country.

Back
Top Bottom