Bannerlord Beta - Terrible Netcode

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to love the beta but the one thing that frustrates me more than any of the other changes would be the netcode. It's like you are playing on 250 ping with over half a second delay to the point where it is now client-side hit detection.

An example would be the melee: You have to PREDICT where the enemy will swing BEFORE they swing because once you see the swing, it is too late to block because the animation would have hit you on their screen whilst on your screen it is still in its animation.

This is made worse with the constant micro-rubberbanding that seems to be happening with movement. I can fight a 2hander and just get destroyed but if I play 2hander, I can't hit anything at all unless I just run at them and spam because the server network isn't updating the player movement correctly.

The thing is, I can play archer just absolutely fine because it appears to be client-side hit detection in which if I hit them, it registers instantly.

It just doesn't make sense and it is no wonder that the beta testers who got access over three months ago stopped playing.

unknown.png

Here is an example of archery. I can top score with archer but not with melee.

urugamer5 said:
this game never mean to be multiplayer!
at least with the captain mode will be more entretaining with more troops in the field...

I disagree. The multiplayer has kept Warband alive for many years as well as the modding community.

aksebkit said:
I don't know any game that is good with 250 ping though. It's not bannerlord problem, it's your internet.

His ping is fine, over 70.

He means it feels as if it was 250. That's the problem.

I don't even have the beta and I can see very glaring issues in the many videos.

urugamer5 said:
this game never mean to be multiplayer!
at least with the captain mode will be more entretaining with more troops in the field...
Not to be overly rude, but have you ever played Warband or any of its DLC's and Multiplayer mods, most people are either dedicated Campaigners or Multiplayers, im mostly Multiplayer and the desync issues and horrible hit detection infuriate me especially since in Napoleonic Wars dlc im a Competitive Player in terms of actual tournaments. If the Devs want a prospering game, forget beta, then this needs top priority fixing followed by hitbox adjustments

I want to love the beta but the one thing that frustrates me more than any of the other changes would be the netcode. It's like you are playing on 250 ping with over half a second delay to the point where it is now client-side hit detection.

An example would be the melee: You have to PREDICT where the enemy will swing BEFORE they swing because once you see the swing, it is too late to block because the animation would have hit you on their screen whilst on your screen it is still in its animation.

This is made worse with the constant micro-rubberbanding that seems to be happening with movement. I can fight a 2hander and just get destroyed but if I play 2hander, I can't hit anything at all unless I just run at them and spam because the server network isn't updating the player movement correctly.

The thing is, I can play archer just absolutely fine because it appears to be client-side hit detection in which if I hit them, it registers instantly.

It just doesn't make sense and it is no wonder that the beta testers who got access over three months ago stopped playing.
Im still playing. & many others. We're just not as demanding ; )

No multi-posting.
With Physics gameplay, no amount of "fixing" will resolve latency & rubberbanding. That is each individual persons internet & processing power of their comp. Until we have faster global internet, physics games will just need to be played with "a grain of salt" Unless you want the game to be like Star Wars Battlefront 2 where its all animation based, yet it "runs smooth". (3d super smash bros)

Actually i believe it originally was released as singleplayer huh? Correct me if im wrong. Of course multiplayer is an option for those who like community & to stroke their egos a little ; )

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually i believe it originally was released as singleplayer huh? Correct me if im wrong. Of course multiplayer is an option for those who like community & to stroke their egos a little ; )
Yes but bannerlord has kept multiplayer in mind. Mount and blade original was not shipped with multiplayer and didn't have that in mind.

South american here... Im used to play with 180-250ping on EVERY game.
And that is not problem of the "netcode" that is just a plain distance problem or routing problem from your ISP to the server.
I played l2 (and same thing u describe happened always to me) Tera Online, the same, H1Z1, Squad, GTAs, wathever tittle, it will always happens.
The only way to somehow fix this, is puting servers in different parts of the world in both hemispheres. Like one in central Canada, one in Usa, one in Center of Mexico, one in Brasil and one in South Argentina/Chile. Same example in europe, africa, asia and oceania. But i dont know how much severs cost, i assume it must be dedicated ones

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom