B Tutorial 2D Banner Making Tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

WHEN one changes the banner color, the game still "remembers" the original color of the banner which was "under" it. Therefore, your units and yourself in game will sport the original color as background for tunics and such.

Could you please help me remember how to change the color of the banner to be applicable to all background color associated with the "old color" of the banner replaced?

I remember doing it, but can't find the thread dealing with that.

Thanks!

Slot values are persistent in savegames. Therefore, you should either start a new game or modify a simple trigger to reset the color in your savegame.
Code:
  (24,
   [
    (troop_slot_eq, "trp_banner_background_color_array", 0, 0xFF8f4531), #old slot value and color
    (troop_set_slot, "trp_banner_background_color_array", 0, 0xFFd9d7d1), #new color
   ]),
]
Since the slot value is now changed, the trigger won't run again. You can implement any other changes you want in the same trigger.

does anybody know why is the dds converter CRASHING everytime i try to preview the banners from The Eagle and the radiant Cross?!  :mad:

where? i can't see the option! there are only DXT1c, DXT1a, DXT3 (current), DXT5

Somebody said:
Slot values are persistent in savegames. Therefore, you should either start a new game or modify a simple trigger to reset the color in your savegame.
Code:
  (24,
   [
    (troop_slot_eq, "trp_banner_background_color_array", 0, 0xFF8f4531), #old slot value and color
    (troop_set_slot, "trp_banner_background_color_array", 0, 0xFFd9d7d1), #new color
   ]),
]
Since the slot value is now changed, the trigger won't run again. You can implement any other changes you want in the same trigger.

How to open SAV files? How did u get to this file you're discussing. I feel like the technique is coming back to me, but I'm afraid I'm looking in the wrong files.

Thanks!

I do remember doing it easier somehow, with just altering the save file only. Oh well, figuring out a more thorough method never hurts.

DDS Converter isn't working for me..

It isn't selecting the DDS file? I click and click and I've tried different ways to select the DDS file and it just doesn't do anything.

Hello Sir,

I got a question about your tutorial. When I try to open my banner files it just doesn't work. I don't know why.I'm just clicking on them as always, opening them with DDS but nothing happens. Any suggestions how to solve that problem ?

Best Regards,

Achilles

hello guys!

i'm new to mount and blade modding so i just replaced one of the banners with my own banner, but the problem is that i want it to show in the multiplayer. unfortunately it doesn't !!!!
can sb help me?

thank you :grin:

Korgoth said:
DDS Converter isn't working for me..

It isn't selecting the DDS file? I click and click and I've tried different ways to select the DDS file and it just doesn't do anything.

Same problem here. I open DDS Converter, search the banner DDS file and select it, but the program doesn't allow me to convert it. It's like if the DDS files wasn't a compatible format with the program. Here a screenshot:

DSSConverterdoesntwork.jpg

Back
Top Bottom