Banner Editor

Do you agree?

• Absolutely.

• Yes, although...

• Not really.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

In a highly customizable editor, especially if image importing is allowed, it's inevitable that some players would make uh... "controversial" flags and post them online, that could potentially look bad on TW's behalf for "allowing this to happen". We already seen this happen in early EA with the online banner editor and in other games.
name one example paradox apologizing for this

If I was to guess, in all fairness I can see potential logic behind TW keeping the Banner Editor basic for now. In a highly customizable editor, especially if image importing is allowed, it's inevitable that some players would make uh... "controversial" flags and post them online, that could potentially look bad on TW's behalf for "allowing this to happen". We already seen this happen in early EA with the online banner editor and in other games.

Of course this hurts the vast majority of players who don't want to act like edgy trolls, but I can see why it would be a valid concern for the devs. They can absolutely expand the current editor to give more freedom, but I can understand why they might only do it in a controlled/limited way.
You can still make custom banner and import it to your game so this argument is imo, pointless.

I can understand this for a multiplayer only game, but for a solo mod only TW can't stop people for changing the banner texture to a nazi flag, so there's no point in limiting the banner editor

If I was to guess, in all fairness I can see potential logic behind TW keeping the Banner Editor basic for now. In a highly customizable editor, especially if image importing is allowed, it's inevitable that some players would make uh... "controversial" flags and post them online, that could potentially look bad on TW's behalf for "allowing this to happen". We already seen this happen in early EA with the online banner editor and in other games.
I don't really think most want full 'custom' with the uploading 'controversial' imagery. Just more than the 10 colours (some are similar tones too) and just a symbol and size adjuster. At the very least, allow us to rotate/reposition/flipping the symbols, or maybe select up to 4 of the symbols, or those 'background' layers, or array the symbols, etc...if it clips on the shield, that's on the player and they can just edit it accordingly.
Of course this hurts the vast majority of players who don't want to act like edgy trolls, but I can see why it would be a valid concern for the devs. They can absolutely expand the current editor to give more freedom, but I can understand why they might only do it in a controlled/limited way.
For multiplayer, for sure it should be limited for this 'risk' but TBH, some mods already do some very 'controversial/questionable' things. So I can understand if TW is 'concerned' on those, but I don't think that's the case, they just don't want to work on it further.

Back
Top Bottom