Banner Editor

Do you agree?

• Absolutely.

• Yes, although...

• Not really.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

This made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. I can't believe this is easily doable by a modder in 4 damn hours, but couldn't be done by TW in 10 in development or 2 years in early access. In a game called Bannerlord, no less. :lol:

I really miss being able to create my own flag and import it like I did with Warband and although this does not bring that feature back, it comes closer than the vanilla trash we got. So...thanks Bloc!

I started the game with one castle, so my kingdom existed when the game started.
And I can't edit the field colour of my flag. (Edit: I know how to access the banner editor, but there is no choise to change the field colour).
It is brown. And my armors' team colour is brown.
SUX.
Why not allow players change the field colour of their flag, especially when they have their own kingdom?
I don't get these developers, are they trying to get us curse their game?

Last edited:
Bloc once again outdoing TW.... For real though how can you have such a poor banner editor in a game called "Bannerlord" ?
Exactly.

This made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. I can't believe this is easily doable by a modder in 4 damn hours, but couldn't be done by TW in 10 in development or 2 years in early access. In a game called Bannerlord, no less. :lol:

I really miss being able to create my own flag and import it like I did with Warband and although this does not bring that feature back, it comes closer than the vanilla trash we got. So...thanks Bloc!
In a dreamworld, Bannerlord would have sported a good editor AND an easy to use Import system.

I started the game with one castle, so my kingdom existed when the game started.
And I can't edit the field colour of my flag.
It is brown. And my armors' team colour is brown.
SUX.
Why not allow players change the field colour of their flag, especially when they have their own kingdom?
I don't get these developers, are they trying to get us curse their game?
You should be able to change your banner at any time pressing "B".

Exactly.

In a dreamworld, Bannerlord would have sported a good editor AND an easy to use Import system.

You should be able to change your banner at any time pressing "B".
I know how to access the editor.
But it does not let me change the flag's field colour.

Welp.

I see priorities aren't well managed at TW, when a modder could do it. Of course, the 4h to do it are neat, but remember, Bloc has been playing around with these features since 2020, so the design, the symbols, the whole concept has been previously made. The 8h of work were from just creating the layer menus in-game.

Which then leads us to think: why didn't anyone at TaleWorlds do this? Did none of them ever see the banner editor webpage and thought "huh, nice feature, might be fun to add"? It is hard to believe. I do think they thought the simplest, the better for banners. Somehow. Maybe they just didn't think it would leave much identity for the 3 empire factions? Or that it would somehow be harder to distinguish between all those complicated heraldics? I don't know, don't even think I care all that much at this point.

Suffice to say that I need this mod soon.

It is actually, I think, the original editor mostly built by TW before the redesign. You could still see randomised banners like these in Custom battles up until a few patches back. Bloc has done the same thing with tournaments (some modes like horce racing were already half implemented but ditched). I hope well get a proper banner editor like this in vanilla, but after all these years it seems it really is too much to ask for...

seems like a turned down version of manor lords banner editor

It was indeed a main inspiration from what I understood.

It is actually, I think, the original editor mostly built by TW before the redesign. You could still see randomised banners like these in Custom battles up until a few patches back. Bloc has done the same thing with tournaments (some modes like horce racing were already half implemented but ditched). I hope well get a proper banner editor like this in vanilla, but after all these years it seems it really is too much to ask for...
If that is true, I really don't understand why they didn't try to work on it and release it along Banners, a "banner patch" if you will...

It was indeed a main inspiration from what I understood.

If that is true, I really don't understand why they didn't try to work on it and release it along Banners, a "banner patch" if you will...
I dont know. If you take a look at the unimplemented code thread from 2020, youll find that, for example, code for rebellions was already almost done, but unimplemented. It was implemented only in 2021. There is already dialogue and some code for claimants that is yet to be implemented too. I have no idea why they do this

If I was to guess, in all fairness I can see potential logic behind TW keeping the Banner Editor basic for now. In a highly customizable editor, especially if image importing is allowed, it's inevitable that some players would make uh... "controversial" flags and post them online, that could potentially look bad on TW's behalf for "allowing this to happen". We already seen this happen in early EA with the online banner editor and in other games.

Of course this hurts the vast majority of players who don't want to act like edgy trolls, but I can see why it would be a valid concern for the devs. They can absolutely expand the current editor to give more freedom, but I can understand why they might only do it in a controlled/limited way.

Back
Top Bottom