Bandit spawn rate in .950

Users who are viewing this thread

exoleet

Recruit
I just started a new character in Khergit territory. I'm finding it impossible to progress due to there being steppe bandits about every two inches who automatically home in and overrun you. Is this intentional?

Stay away from the steppes early on, steppe bandits will run you down. If you start at the steppes, immediately get out of there, steppe bandits are fast and tough.

There actually aren't that many steppe bandits, they have the same amount as any other kind of bandit. It's just that they are faster than other bandits so they are more threatening.

there's generally an obscene amount of bandits in the game.
the devs won't "fix" it, however, as most people like to have one fight after the other without having to search for them. it's easy "loot", easy "XP", as they call it..

I suggest improving the skill which affects yuor partys speed in the map  :wink: I had no trouble at all running away from the Steppes at the beginning. As a Khergit I even stayed there. But also notice that all the troops have horses. Do you have any other companions? If you are by yourself, just you, you should be able to run away from them easily.

I haven't had problems with the bandit parties. I don't think there are too many of them but those town ambushes are way too common..

I like there are more of them. In previous versions, it was hard to find anything to fight.

I wish they made new regions into the game that were bandit territories, where the parties were large. A mountain pass between Calradia and a new Kingdom, perhaps?

I started on steppes too and didn't had any problems with steppe bandits. You just have to make sure your team is fast. Give all your heroes horses and recruit only khergit recruits (they have horses) unless you have big enough infantry army to fight against them. (caravan guards works too, you can also take watchmen to training grounds and train them until they level up) Few packhorses to speed things up, if you are chased down retreat to city or go near NPC army and bandits run away.

Quite interesting with the new character creation. One char i started i choose what would be good for an archer, but i think i did some mistakes. Started in the steppes with no weapons and no armor and to top when i moved i went straight into a steppe bandit army. Way to go to start adventuring as a prisoner :razz:

So-far, I've spent most of version .950 being taken prisoner by overwhelmingly large numbers of bandits.

It's not a difficulty factor (of percents) but one of the fact there are just way too many large, hostile parties who want to kill a poor hunter with 5 gold for me to get anywhere past level 2.

It's rather frustrating.

Yeah previous versions were too easy going, once you get over the initial hiccup (get a party of 20 or so) then your in the clear until you start taking on the larger lord parties

Fei Dao said:
Stay away from the steppes early on, steppe bandits will run you down. If you start at the steppes, immediately get out of there, steppe bandits are fast and tough.

There actually aren't that many steppe bandits, they have the same amount as any other kind of bandit. It's just that they are faster than other bandits so they are more threatening.

Also, Steppe Bandits are pretty easy to kill on your own if you don't mind using an exploit: just stay close to the border of the map (so you can see the "Leave Battle"-dialogue) and wait for them to neatly pile up at the invisible wall not knowing what to do. The one close to you will draw his bow but if you hack at him quickly enough, he will fall. Same for the next one.

Of course, this DOES kill the fun of it, but just to let you know there is a way to get rid of them.

It's a rough start for me too, but I like the humble beginnings.  I've played this game for a while, so I'm not discouraged when I get pummeled several times at the beginning of the game.  However, I'm a bit concerned about other newcomers who never played mount and blade before.  I think it might be a good option to allow you, the player, to travel with trade caravans for safety.  Perhaps you should know from the beginning of the game that the roads are a dangerous place to travel

Nerpok said:
Yeah previous versions were too easy going, once you get over the initial hiccup (get a party of 20 or so) then your in the clear until you start taking on the larger lord parties

Well I find it too easy now.  All I have to do is buy spice at tulga, take it to praven and sell it (make a profit of 800-900 per sack) and then start buying hired blades.  Once I have 15+ hired blades I can beat any bandit party on the map.

I think the bandits need to be better choices of who they attack.

Seems to me that a single man with a few gold and starter gear isn't that attractive a target to bother with.

khergit territory is a bumpy start for sure, but just do the sensible thing and scrounge every dinar to buy up reinforcements. and as soon as you can shoot through the northern pass and loot the close vaegir town (probably have to kill everyone in it yourself but it's easy) also you don't have to farm steppe bandits for any reason, they are pretty much crap quarry so go to some other friendly hunting ground to grind.

Back
Top Bottom