SP - General Bandit Mechanics Feedback & Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

My suggestion is to change the hideout's function and Bandit behavior to make them a more present threat on the map and be more relevant in game play, past an occasional nuisance. The behavior feedback is related to the size of bandit parties, currently they are too small, this means they are not a threat to any small-medium group on the map, bandits should be fast & powerful enough to threaten caravans but not immediately, the player/npcs should be able to make an effort that actually affects their population and the general safety for trade and production in an area.

As an alternative I recommend that bandit groups either spawn in larger groups to slow them down slightly and increase their threat or that the smaller groups be given a behavior where they will band together over time, and even growing to and army if left unchecked too long. Hideouts could also be switched a more relevant threat by making them more like settlements for bandits with defense upgrades corresponding to their power level, still obviously weaker than a proper castle or settlement but with some earthworks or light palisade thrown up to show a more permanent camp if they get too powerful in an area. Once balanced this could provide a decent early/mid-game objective for players who can't quite beat up other lords yet but can send any bandit party packing easily. Or even take it over and replace the previous bandits in that area.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, let me know what you think or if you have any questions about it.

Back
Top Bottom