Ban Cavalry in Siege Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

We are going to increase the cost of Cavalry in Siege and TDM.
This really sounds like a duct tape solution for a deeper problem, but I'm more interested about that we are going to have different class costs depending what game mode we are playing (aka. different balance). That's good news.

This really sounds like a duct tape solution for a deeper problem, but I'm more interested about that we are going to have different class costs depending what game mode we are playing (aka. different balance). That's good news.
I disagree; I think map changes are the duct tape - because Maps are fluid, game mechanics are not. However the real fix will be in addressing how this class plays full stop - but that is beyond the scope of this thread.

This Will not fix the problem, There is nothing easier than playing cavalry. It is just that overpowered. Even if it cost 300g people Will more often than not regain the gold by killing tons of people and staying Alive for 10 minutes straight (because the horses are too tanky)
Horses are getting nerfed as well.

Great to hear. The nerfing of the cavalry themselves is the main issue but the cost increase in TDM and Siege is definitely needed so as to stop the spam in those modes.

HP and armor reduction. The plan is to hotfix the changes directly to current beta and get them to live early next week.
... If everything goes to according to plan that is...

HP and armor reduction. The plan is to hotfix the changes directly to current beta and get them to live early next week.
... If everything goes to according to plan that is...
Thanks for the responses.

HP and armor reduction may be great for overall balance, but the siege problems will still persist. There will still be lots of OP cavalry running around creating complete chaos.

I am so fed up with cavalry in Siege Mode -- it is a complete farce! Cavalry was almost never used in historical sieges and it turns Siege Mode into TDM and ruins any real tactics because infantry is always getting sniped by ride-by glaives or menavs or lances (often swarming around spawn). Furthermore, cavalry often back capture G and ruin the game for everyone. There are precious few enough Siege matches with a descent amount of people on them and it is ruined by swarming cavalry. If you must have cavalry in Siege Mode then limit it to five a side or 10% or something because it is right out of hand -- and causes me, for one, to rage quit regularly (and I'm sure I'm not the only one, which just continues to reduce the player base.

I've played in several Call to Arms siege events where cavalry is banned and back capping prohibited, and it is night and day -- siege with cavalry is chaos; without is amazing (particularly with Teamspeak for extra tactical play).

I'm sure there will be many who object to this, but I would think there are many more that agree.
+1 Agree

This needs to happen SOON, cavalry are ruining siege, in fact, cavalry is ruining this WHOLE game. Game is named Mount and Blade and Mounts are litterally sucking all the fun out of it.

This needs to happen SOON, cavalry are ruining siege, in fact, cavalry is ruining this WHOLE game. Game is named Mount and Blade and Mounts are litterally sucking all the fun out of it.
Im pretty sure its not happening ever, its same rumble such as ''remove xbows from game they are too powerfull sob'sob' ", devs perfectly know that game should be rounded up in a holy trinity (inf-cav-archer) in ALL gamemodes, both SP and MP
More of tweaks and fixes will be - this however is obvious, and if you saw the last statement about future MP patches - cav will have significally bigger price in siege mode specifically, which sounds like a good ideaw

Im pretty sure its not happening ever, its same rumble such as ''remove xbows from game they are too powerfull sob'sob' ", devs perfectly know that game should be rounded up in a holy trinity (inf-cav-archer) in ALL gamemodes, both SP and MP
More of tweaks and fixes will be - this however is obvious, and if you saw the last statement about future MP patches - cav will have significally bigger price in siege mode specifically, which sounds like a good ideaw
Its all about the very nature of the mode. If we create a mode and call it "robin hood", and the mode is about a archery competition in which we aim at different types of moving targets. Wouldnt you agree infantry have no business there ?

Its all about the very nature of the mode. If we create a mode and call it "robin hood", and the mode is about a archery competition in which we aim at different types of moving targets. Wouldnt you agree infantry have no business there ?
Cant argue with that, the question however is why would devs want to add mode for only 1/3 of already small MP playerbase
Cav in siege can be, i would even say must be IMO, just need more better aproach - especially (!) on map design - i think mp-005 design looks like something done almost right in terms of cav (most half of castle is unbreacheble by cav, cav cant circle around in middle of castle, and a proper cav exit backdoor) while mp-003 is just a jack**** in these terms (cav goes onto ladders, massacres archers on them, circle around over last checkpoints like in a circus and no cav exit at all)

Siege is ridiculous at the moment..most sieges are completely over run by cavalry. @AVRC , What is the nerf that you mentioned? Some how the amount of cav in siege has to go down

Cav was not much of an issue in Warband because of how easy to kill they were.

Also 90% of Warband Siege maps were designed for fighting on foot.

Smaller total area, lots of choke points, obstacles, elevation changes, stairwells, and flags placed inside/on top of keeps.

The Siege maps in Bannerlord (the few we've had access to) are very large -which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The only problem is they have large tracts of flat level ground inside them, which makes them a practical cav racetrack.

Siege is ridiculous at the moment..most sieges are completely over run by cavalry. @AVRC , What is the nerf that you mentioned? Some how the amount of cav in siege has to go down
We will increase the troop cost of cavalries in Siege and TDM. Waiting for some development to finish to make it possible.

Back
Top Bottom