Bai Ma's suck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mauibuilt

Recruit
For some reason Bai Mas seem to suck really badly. Considering they cost 132 which is a lot compared to all other units, along with their 1200 polearms proficiencies you'd figure they would be killing machines. But during a battle I noticed my Bai Ma's barely kill anyone. So I entered a battle against 15 looters with just me, 2 Bai Ma's, and a Northern Dragon. Literally 10 minutes later (with me not intefering) the battle was won. The dragon killed 10 and the two Bai Ma's killed 5. Than I dueled against one of them, and I stood still the entire duel. He didn't kill me til 4 minutes later (I have 58 hp).

I don't know but since the weapon proficiencies limit on native is normally 699 or 600 (forgot which one) maybe the AI starts the attack too soon with its 1200 points. I noticed anyone with high proficiencies (800+) start their attack animation way too early most of the time. Even Crusaders swing their sword too early and the attack animation finishes too soon since their proficiencies is so high.

Note this is usually noticeable when the unit is charging at a high speed while on their horse. When they're moving slow or standing still, it's not a problem.

well depends on what your using them for. They are quite useful in new siege scenes(trust me there better then majority of the units for besieging now)

Azn_soul said:
well depends on what your using them for. They are quite useful in new siege scenes(trust me there better then majority of the units for besieging now)
+1 ^^ they are my favorites wait did mbfreak allow them to be mounted in our sieges now? ^^

i don't think they will be lol. i heard they are havoc creators and they are pretty much astray ais, or wandering idiots with horses.

lmao hey it helps in it right? the horses can knock down those archers and do me a favor in doing that ahah lmao it would spare me a shield or two,

don't know what you're talking about, bai ma's in an open battle litterally butcher their opponents, i don't know about you people, but i had this army of cavalry, like 100 bai ma's (took me a while to get it together xD) and squared off against barbarians, fenins and holy council and though i lost like 6 of them in each battle, i believe they massacred over 5 times their number in each of the battles...
maybe it's got to do with the way you use them? i don't know, i just form up first and then have them stand close and just hammer the enemy line with them... but spearmen are a bit bad in close infantry combat i must say :sad: once you get inside the spear's effectiveness... well you all know that "5 damage" and the sound it makes  i'm sure :razz:

Switch-Hitter said:
don't know what you're talking about, bai ma's in an open battle litterally butcher their opponents, i don't know about you people, but i had this army of cavalry, like 100 bai ma's (took me a while to get it together xD) and squared off against barbarians, fenins and holy council and though i lost like 6 of them in each battle, i believe they massacred over 5 times their number in each of the battles...
maybe it's got to do with the way you use them? i don't know, i just form up first and then have them stand close and just hammer the enemy line with them... but spearmen are a bit bad in close infantry combat i must say :sad: once you get inside the spear's effectiveness... well you all know that "5 damage" and the sound it makes  i'm sure :razz:
Thank you people finally some one knows the worthiness of the great white horsemen ^^

but in a Bai Ma - Northern Dragon based army, the dragons kill most enemies, this is just because of their equipment, Bai Ma's should be given a spear to charge and a sword as secondary weapon... they'd be murder, since they have higher stats, faster horses and better armour it's obvious that it's their only-one-weapon thing that is their handicap

Switch-Hitter said:
but in a Bai Ma - Northern Dragon based army, the dragons kill most enemies, this is just because of their equipment, Bai Ma's should be given a spear to charge and a sword as secondary weapon... they'd be murder, since they have higher stats, faster horses and better armour it's obvious that it's their only-one-weapon thing that is their handicap

HEAR HEAR UPGRADE OUR MIGHTY CHAMPIONS WEAPONS! For they are the hero of our Northern lands ^^

Just get an army of them. Battle starts, press U, rally your bai ma's (f2) and (f:cool: ride forward at full speed, f3, next thing you see is green sentences all over your monitor. :grin:

Pafoot said:
Just get an army of them. Battle starts, press U, rally your bai ma's (f2) and (f:cool: ride forward at full speed, f3, next thing you see is green sentences all over your monitor. :grin:
lmao how big is your army of them? ^^ mine is a constant 250

Wu-long said:
Pafoot said:
lmao how big is your army of them? ^^ mine is a constant 250

I think around 100 bai ma's, and man did it take a while to get them. But there well worth it, they rule the battlefield :grin:

i <3 bai ma

they are one of my fav units
together with deadeaye they really are a pain in the a*s
and i really mean a*s just go around with them while
deadeaye spray bad guys
and than

CHHHHHAAAAAAARGRE  :grin:

nah  :grin: :grin:
but i really luv them  :cool:

Back
Top Bottom