Audio driver issue - big cry for help [Solved p.2]

Users who are viewing this thread

After somemore experimenting, I have finally sorted this out by switching to Microsoft drivers. In a previous post, I have mentioned that the Microsoft drivers are causing random audio glitches, but there is a catch: that happens if you don't manage third-party audio software correctly, such as surround sound apps or any other bundled audio equalizer that comes with your default driver. So, the whole solution from A to Z is the following:

1. Uninstall the Realtek drivers, along with any other third-party audio software (in my case it was Dolby Atmos);
2. Disable automatic driver installation in Windows, so it won't install the Realtek drivers again;
3. Restart. Now, your default audio driver is the one provided by Microsoft;
4. Only after making sure that you have the Microsoft driver enabled, proceed to install your third-party audio software.
The downside is that you'll be left without an audio manager, but since the latest big Windows 10 updates, the audio manager was killed and replaced with a generic Microsoft Store app that's been castrated to the point it's useless, so there's that.

Apparently, the lesson is that changing the audio drivers without getting rid of the other third-party apps, such as Dolby, will make the new audio driver conflict with those apps, and therefore cause audio glitches.

Now I can sleep in peace, with one more stoneblock off my soul, and thanks to everyone who bothered to answer this thread.

Back
Top Bottom