Assault on U.S Embassy in Libya Leaves Ambassador and 3 American Staff dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kobrag said:
It's better to allow the enevitable to happen, because thehatred will falter in time anyway. Because people usually lose faith in encumbant politicians and leaders when they start making unpopular laws or abuse power.

That is an extremely chancey choice to be made in the grand view of world politics.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Yeah, but in my opinion Pakistan's government is a lot more stable than Iran's. Ahmadinejad is a lunatic.

Ahhh... honestly, from what I've learned from my Father, they seem to be hanging on the thread of US funding. Besides, it is essentially run by the fundamentalists, but by supporting them and their sharia law, we keep it out of the hands of the extremists.

*EDIT*

Alright, that's about enough for me for tonight. I'll be on tomorrow. Hopefully it hasn't doubled in length by then...

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Yeah, but in my opinion Pakistan's government is a lot more stable than Iran's. Ahmadinejad is a lunatic.
He's a loud figurehead. Allowed to make speeches, but has little in the way of individual influence on the country.  =/
Even so, Ahmadinejad is growing unpopular with the Ayatollah. Thus will be out of power soon anyway.

Kobrag said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
He's a loud figurehead. Allowed to make speeches, but has little in the way of individual influence on the country.  =/
Even so, Ahmadinejad is growing unpopular with the Ayatollah. Thus will be out of power soon anyway.

Funny thing is he is considered a moderate, supposedly.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
No nuclear bomb should ever be detonated again. I'm perfectly fine with anything that doesn't equal it's horror to stop it.
Really, I don't view a nuke going off as that horrible.

Everyone in the blast radius is dead and incinerated instantly rather than dealing with this **** and being tortured, stoned, arrested and raped while being slaves to the basic human instinct of survival.

It does suck for the people on the edges who, instead of dying instantly, just have their skin slough off or something equally awful.

Austupaio said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
No nuclear bomb should ever be detonated again. I'm perfectly fine with anything that doesn't equal it's horror to stop it.
Really, I don't view a nuke going off as that horrible.

Everyone in the blast radius is dead and incinerated instantly rather than dealing with this **** and being tortured, stoned, arrested and raped while being slaves to the basic human instinct of survival.

It does suck for the people on the edges who, instead of dying instantly, just have their skin slough off or something equally awful.

Right. I just see the whole idea of nuclear war to be extremely speculative. If a bunch of nuts did get their hands on a nuke we'd of probably guaranteed ourselves to be a target if by then we've started another war and occupation which seems all too likely as of now unfortunately.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Personally I believe we should disarm Pakistan at the first chance we get.

Oh yes, that's a damn fine way to reduce the idea that the USA is a meddling powermonger playing at being the world police. Suuure.

Newsflash, bucko. Pakistan doesn't have nukes to threaten bald eagles and apple pie with, it has it in a sort of MAD situation with India.

And India has them because China has it. China has it because they crazy sonsof*****es and starting to meddle at such points would, again, be hilariously counterproductive.

And that guy who made the ****in' movie that got people all riled up is a selfish ****ing *******, making his stupid schemes and movies and other propaganda bull**** safely across the atlantic whereas ****in' diplomats have to bear the goddamn brunt of his lunacy. Throw the **** in an oubliette for treason or some ****.

Or better yet, throw him into Lybia.

India has them because Pakistan, as well as China has them. Pakistan and India each have national holidays to celebrate when they got ahead of the other in the nuclear race.

AWdeV said:
And that guy who made the ****in' movie that got people all riled up is a selfish ****ing *******, making his stupid schemes and movies and other propaganda bull**** safely across the atlantic whereas ****in' diplomats have to bear the goddamn brunt of his lunacy. Throw the **** in an oubliette for treason or some ****.

There's no treason in making ****ty controversial movies. The movie maker isn't here to blame it's the people who go to extremes after being offended.

Radalan said:
AWdeV said:

There's no treason in making ****ty controversial movies. The movie maker isn't here to blame it's the people who go to extremes after being offended.
The coward ran into hiding.
The least he could do is stand by his video.

I'm just one friend removed from ambassador Chris Stevens, what I know is that he was a genuinely nice guy, fluent in Arabic, and had a genuine interest in Libya. In other words, he was a good ambassador, and more harm than is imaginable has been done to Libya by him getting killed.

Radalan said:
AWdeV said:

That's a fair point but this movie was translated into Arabic specificly to stir up trouble so he could again paint muslims as being all evil and ****. Diplomats died because of his pathetic dominionist powerplay.

I find it laughable how these people allegedly cannot perceive the difference between an individual and a country.
With that thinking Yanks should just go "These people are burning American flags, this is highly offensive to our country and people, we should now carpet bomb Yemen".

Radalan said:
I find it laughable how these people allegedly cannot perceive the difference between an individual and a country.
With that thinking Yanks should just go "These people are burning American flags, this is highly offensive to our country and people, we should now carpet bomb Yemen".
Someone is disrespecting our religion. Let's assault the US embassy.

My point is, people like that exist everywhere. Fortunately, under normal circumstances, there are people who able to rein them in.

Radalan said:
You mean ignorant Republicans, right?

So the movie-making ******* appears to be an Egyptian Copt, which might be a bad thing for Copts. Hopefully they will find him and expose him and his Muslim-hating friends. If the Muslim world needs a face to hate, and not a whole country.

Also, if Obama tracks down and kills (in self-defence or because they wouldn't surrender :smile:) the principal embassy attackers that could win him the election.

Back
Top Bottom