Are the new one handed and two handed perks better or worse?

Which is better, the original perks or the new perks for one handed and two handed

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought I would put this out there since no one else has and just to see if anyone feels the same about the new perks as I do. I am open to criticism if you think the new perks for one handed and two handed are better.

So my issue with the new perks is that most of the perks are so oddly specific about what benefit they provide for your character that it does little to nothing to actually help your character's fighting ability. With the original perks, the benefits seem more general and helped a decent bit with my fighting skill, and I didn't have to wait until I reached skill level 250 to actually get these general benefits. Another issue I have is why are there perks regarding your character's personal fighting skills that give your party all of these random benefits? Wouldn't make more sense for these perks to be in the leadership or tactics category? And one more thing, who decides to specialize in one handed weapons but does pick up a shield to go along with it? If you didn't want to use a shield, then it makes more sense to just use two handed weapons instead of being a one handed duelist.

Anyways, feel free to share your thoughts on the matter whether you agree or not. I do not mind hearing anyone's opinion on why the new perks are better.

I like the idea of the new perks more, but the party perks seem misplaced at least until we see what tactics and leadership does. Also not sure how they will effect things like the auto calc battles or if Lords (who you spend a lot of time fighting and often have maxed out stats) will be the main benefactors of the change as they often have all combat skills high and so can apply a lot of benefits to their armies.

Good concept but bad implementation in my opinion. From a combat perspective some are broken OP, lords with very high proficiencies can swing at the speed of light. Regarding the captain role i don't know if it works for AI autocalc or the army leader as well as the captain commanding that unit. I would like to see a new role for companions linked to these perks, like footmen/ranged/horsemen captain role that you can assign to companions who will command respective troops when you autodelegate, so that part of the perks won't be useless for companions.

In the end i think they are on the right path and i'm looking forward for the next skills rework. I hope to see less redundancy in perks, i don't think is worth to have perks doing the same thing in different skills like using any bow/crossbow on horse in both riding and weapons skills.

Guys seriously this one handed skill tree is absolutely broken now. First of all: Shield bash imporvement is powerful and should not be available at 25skill. The skill tree was very interesting and rewarding before 1.4.
Now the 2nd point, and worst: theres a lot of videos and complaints about the attack speed of some lords. I have employed Duwain the Swordsman with 270 one handed skill. Before he was very strong already in tournaments but now he is insane when you give him a one handed weapon. The reason for this is the new Style of the last Perk, before we got it at 275 and if i recall correctly it didn't add up speed and damage from 200 but rather at 250 or so don't rememeber (maybe it didnt work at all thats possible too). But now one gets !!!!!RIDICULOUS!!!!! Amounts of Attack Speed and Damage with this perk earlier than before! This perk should be availabe at 275 and add up the percentages at 275 as well to avoid this overpowered **** sorry.
Bring back the slow damage imporvements for either axes and amces or swords, it made the choices very interesting for the damage amplifiers. And put the impoved shield bash perk back to 175 or 200 that was a reasonable stage of the skill to get such a powerful ability.

Don't **** up things that were already fine before please.

Greetings

The Way of the Sword perk and Way of the Great Axe perk are currently broken. The developer can't do math. They made the bonus be flat +0.05 damage and +0.02 attack speed per skill level, while it should be +0.5% and +0.2%.
So characters with 270 one handed skill should get +35% damage and +14% attack speed bonus. Now they get flat +3.5 damage and +1.4 attack speed bonus.
That is RIDICULOUSLY 240% ATTACK SPEED!

The old skills never worked, so the new ones are obviously better. I feel they should be arranged a bit, because as was stated already, the shield bash skills are too strong to be available so early. There also needs to be some balancing, because there are obvious skill choices no matter your playstyle because the alternatives are weak by comparison. I also do not mind the final skill being moved up. If you master 1-handed combat, it should SHOW that you mastered it!

If they change things further, what I would like to see is:
  • More weapon-type specific perks instead of tactics-related perks (seriously, why are they in 1 and 2 handed skill trees?)
  • Unique abilities that truly make combat feel different if you select them. The shield bash stagger is one such example.
  • Better balance between the 2 choices. If shield bash is so powerful, it should be paired with a non-shield alternative that is just as powerful but in a very different way.

but the party perks seem misplaced at least until we see what tactics and leadership does
Yes, will secondary effects be addet to all skills ?
Will a vervefull-leader-perk increase swing speed ?
Will empathic charmer channel some amount of suffered damage onto companions ?

Well, seeing as I'm the minority here I get the point that for the most part, the new perks are a step forward from what they were. I was just hung over the concept of what the original perks were at least supposed to do, so just looking at the new perks made me think that I really wouldn't have much of an overall improvement in my fighting ability at skill level 150 compared to my starting skill level.

However there is still one question I had that no one really mentioned. I really what to know what's the point of using a one handed weapon without a shield instead of just using a two handed weapon. If anyone has a good explanation I would like to know, because in my opinion right now the perks that involve wielding a one handed weapon without a shield seem completely useless and a waste of space for perks that could be better.

However there is still one question I had that no one really mentioned. I really what to know what's the point of using a one handed weapon without a shield instead of just using a two handed weapon. If anyone has a good explanation I would like to know, because in my opinion right now the perks that involve wielding a one handed weapon without a shield seem completely useless and a waste of space for perks that could be better.

It's useful for fights in town where you can't bring a shield, though there are some 2-handers that you can use in town instead. Also useful if your shield breaks, though I can count on one hand the total number of times my shield's broken in a regular battle. Or, maybe you might want to use a bow and 2 quivers but you already have 150 1H skill and don't want to start from scratch with 2H or polearms.

But overall, I agree that they're pretty much wasted perks.

Back
Top Bottom