Archery in captain 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Archers have so inaccurate that I doubt that they will be of any use with how the AI works at the moment. They used to be a good counter for the fast moving, high damage shock units, but now they can barely hit anything before they're like 10 meters away from the unit. It is terrible, and makes archers almost unusable.

The 2h buff that all 2h weapons got as well, makes palatines and Khan's guards basically more armored shock troops, and almost as valuable in melee as something like Menavlions. I do like that the heavy archers can hold their own in melee, and especially their prowess against cav units and basically countering them pretty hard, but it's getting to a ridiculous level at this point.

On a sidenote, shock troops are ridiculously good in captain, even more so now than before the patch.

Agreed. The game appears to be balanced for single player and skirmish, ignoring captain altogether. The meta already was extremely shock-troop-heavy, and 1.5 worsens that with heavily reducing archer viability, making it near impossible to punish a full shock team composition.
Hopefully future patches will address these balancing issues :smile:

I think every captain player can agree that everything added in 1.5 made captain worse or didn't change much besides the oathsworn buff.

And AFAIK Taleworlds are well aware the balance for captain mode has been ****ed beyond repair at this point and the next thing they have planned is balancing specifically for Captain.

Back
Top Bottom