Archer's Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Gotta disagree with you there. 1 bow vs. 1 xbow, the bow would probably win. 50 bows v 50 xbows, the xbows have a better chance because of their damage.

Only Khergits can start with a shield (makes advancing out from cover while under fire more dangerous)
<===== Get friendlies to drop a shield for you/pick one up from the battlefield, but make sure you have only one pack (30) arrows or so, else you'll drop your bow/sword.
Or if you need arrows for some initial attack (siege? practice?) Pack 60 and only pick up a shield after you've exhausted some arrows, OR whenever you are in a quiet safespot (ie. surrounded by atleast 100 bodyguards and a rock), drop your BOW, pick up the shield, pick up your bow, then pick up the arrows - in that order, or else you'll do something silly like drop your face.

Reticle quickly loses aim lock so you have to acquire targets quickly and let loose or cancel shots to re-aim
<==== As far as I understand, the time it takes to cancel (right-mouse button), reload and shoot again is minimal. Why take super-long aim-times anyhoo?

Must rely on manual blocking skill in melee
<===== See first.

Arrows will not necessarily shoot straight at close range without first locking your aim.
<==== Maybe I misunderstand this sentence, and I'm pretty bad at explaining things...But I do not think, as I last remember, that you can fire an arrow or bolt at all, before the reticuwhatty has "locked", straight after nocking the arrow. So this is not an issue. Only reason for wild arrows/shots/bananas is holding the aim for way too long, and that's silly at short range unless you have great reflexes/sufficient sugar intake :grin:

Also, you can deal with enemy cavalry using a crossbow. Well at least if they do not use shields. So when they are aiming for their thrust at full gallop aim you crossbow at their body, or horse if he is using a shield. This way you will use his own speed againist him.

Is there such factor in multiplayer native as arrow's flight speed for different bows? Or all bows have same arrow velocity?

Ozwan said:
Is there such factor in multiplayer native as arrow's flight speed for different bows? Or all bows have same arrow velocity?

There is such a factor. It affects how far the arrow goes and it's arc.

I freakin HATE the made up word "protip." How much of a pompous ass must you be to say your advice is a "protip?" So obnoxious. Ick.

Protip: People saying "protip" are generally using it ironically to show that an old and overused tactic is being suggested.

Also, do arrows get a speed bonus to damage? It seems to be that way but it doesn't show up in the reports.

Ozwan said:
You can see the stats if you open a cRPG character page, at the bows shop. or if you are too lazy, I can put them here for you.
edit: Oh but I see you already play cRPG. I think it's same in the native too. and it is also connected with power draw as I think.
edit2 : And this is a protip from a pro. hehe

by the way does ranged weapons gets effected by speed?

This information is great for newbies. But here are some other tips:
-If your enemy is using round shields, aim for their knees, it might hit.
-If your enemy is using kite shields, aim for toes.
-When facing melee, rely on your speed more than on your power.
-If you are on open field, get some nice armor as you do not have vantage points.
-If there are bushes, trees, building etc. around do not hestitate to take light armor.

TurkishJanissary said:
This information is great for newbies. But here are some other tips:
-If your enemy is using round shields, aim for their knees, it might hit.
-If your enemy is using kite shields, aim for toes.
-When facing melee, rely on your speed more than on your power.
-If you are on open field, get some nice armor as you do not have vantage points.
-If there are bushes, trees, building etc. around do not hestitate to take light armor.
Yup nice tips. The round shields you mentioned are the cavalry round shields of Khergits and Nords as I think. (Dunno the exact name but they are used by cavalry)

Cheers for the tips. This guide is really helping me seen as I've just decided to play as an Archer for the first time. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom