Appointing an heir when you die and how it can cost you your entire inventory

Users who are viewing this thread

Well here you get to "Choose" your heir, when you die. The problem with this is that only family-members that are currently 'Avalible' is able to be picked. So if your child is too young to rule at the moment of your death, you must pick one of your younger siblings for example. And then you have to play as them until they die before you get to choose again.
you can't pick your children even when they are 18 or older

Well here you get to "Choose" your heir, when you die. The problem with this is that only family-members that are currently 'Avalible' is able to be picked. So if your child is too young to rule at the moment of your death, you must pick one of your younger siblings for example. And then you have to play as them until they die before you get to choose again.

What I am saying is you should be able to choose years before you die.

I think I was around 58 or so, it was a playthrough when he started at age 30, from what I know you can die in your 40's super low % chance but possible

I think all kids over 18 or family over 18 and family (ex: spouse, siblings, etc) should be eligible.
Yeah that's how it works currently. you can only select people above 18. But depending on when you got kids In the game when you die. it might mean that your current children are not 18 yet. In my first save for example my children was just 17 when my character died at the age of 58/59. So I had to pick a younger sibling to play as. I got a wife that late because before the beta you started like 25 years old or something. And now in the beta they seem to have reduced the starting age of the pc and many lords to 18.

Yeah that's how it works currently. you can only select people above 18. But depending on when you got kids In the game when you die. it might mean that your current children are not 18 yet. In my first save for example my children was just 17 when my character died at the age of 58/59. So I had to pick a younger sibling to play as. I got a wife that late because before the beta you started like 25 years old or something. And now in the beta they seem to have reduced the starting age of the pc and many lords to 18.
when i died I could only select my bit brother, little brother or sister or wife to take over, neither of my two children over the age of 18 could become an heir

Ah right, Im not sure you can test it in your save but maybe if your Children are currently leading parties or available to lead parties they can be selected?

Ah right, Im not sure you can test it in your save but maybe if your Children are currently leading parties or available to lead parties they can be selected?
I actually couldnt get my children to lead a party, they were greyed out although I tried it after I died, so actually they were niece and nephew of the leader so have to test it, but dont want them to lead a party that is what lead to the loss of my entire inventory

Aaaaaaand here the Code.

Code:
        private static void TransferOldPlayersEquipmentToNewPlayer(Hero oldPlayer, Hero newPlayer)
        {
            for (EquipmentIndex equipmentIndex = EquipmentIndex.WeaponItemBeginSlot; equipmentIndex < EquipmentIndex.NumEquipmentSetSlots; equipmentIndex++)
            {
                ItemObject item = oldPlayer.CharacterObject.Equipment[equipmentIndex].Item;
                if (item != null)
                {
                    newPlayer.PartyBelongedTo.Party.ItemRoster.Add(new ItemRosterElement(item, 1, null));
                }
            }
            for (EquipmentIndex equipmentIndex2 = EquipmentIndex.WeaponItemBeginSlot; equipmentIndex2 < EquipmentIndex.NumEquipmentSetSlots; equipmentIndex2++)
            {
                ItemObject item2 = oldPlayer.CharacterObject.FirstCivilianEquipment[equipmentIndex2].Item;
                if (item2 != null)
                {
                    newPlayer.PartyBelongedTo.Party.ItemRoster.Add(new ItemRosterElement(item2, 1, null));
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Back
Top Bottom