Apparently im the only ATI card owner who isnt getting anomolies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ekardt

Sergeant at Arms
I have a Radeon HD 4670 and im only having one graphical problem.

Dynamic lighting from light sources like torches, fireplaces, etc. are really strange. Dynamic lighting from the sky is fine though.

Anyway, this obviously only applies in villages & indoors, because those are the only places with dynamic light sources. But the "glow" from the light source (like if you stand in front of a fire in real life, your front half is obviously alight with glow, and your back is dark) hits you no matter what distance from the light source you are. It only applies to the closest light source though. But you can be 100 yards away behind ten walls and your characters lighting still behaves like youre standing right next to the fire. Also, randomly the character's skin wont glow from the light, but their hair, equipment, etc. will, which is extremely ugly & makes half the characters look extremely dark skinned.

Beyond those, no graphical errors of any sort on full settings.

I got the same card as you Ekardt, running with 10.2 catalyst and smooth w/o any gfx problems. The lag (online play) is really giving me the creeps though.

X600 here, only problems are a bit of lag (I'm used to running M&B with tex. quality 25 and I'm running Warband with tex. quality 75) and the weird dynamic lighting.

Here's a screenshot of the torch light problem i'm getting with 4850...
wbbg.jpg

Radeon HD 5770 here, with absolutely nothing bad to report, everything works smoothly with no crashes as of the new update.

Really crappy HD M 4530 here... maxed settings never under 50fps even in intense battles! No graphical issues whatsoever either :3

EDIT:
premah said:
Here's a screenshot of the torch light problem i'm getting with 4850...
wbbg.jpg

lol you turned from white to black

Yeah thats the lighting problem im having in thoe screenshots. You guys are sure you dont have that? Its most noticable in taverns & such.

I have a 4870, and everything works perfectly. No lighting problems or anything. Actually, with Warband I no longer get RGL errors, and I can run another 150-200 people despite the graphics being better. They must have really done some optimization work.

I have 4890 and i have similar bug, but opposite one... i have black faces from long distance, few steps closer and everything is normal.
So small bug that didnt bother to write about it earlier.

And latest catalysts...

Back
Top Bottom