Anyone tried to improve relationship by leaving party members in settlement?

Users who are viewing this thread

As the patch said, now we can leave party member in settlement, and our friends will try increase our relationship with local celebrities. I tried but it does not work, I left my sister, who joined by main storyline progress, in a settlement and spent some time doing other staff, but she does not rise family relationship with any local celebrities. Furthermore, when I went back to the settlement, she was no longer there, but another settlement. Then I tried to promote her to govern a city fief of family,waited for nearly a year, still no relationship improvement, and also no charm skill level progression. Then I recruit a new follower and assign him to govern another city, several days later he reported relationship improvement with local celebrity and charm skill progression.
Not sure if this is bug or the design or simply RNG staff, just look weird.Do family members works the same way as recruited followers?
In addition, as I can remember, in early patches, like during April and May, if you sent your party member out to form a new troop, they will try to do missions themselves and therefore increase family relationship with locals, don't know this feature is no longer here.

Last edited:
I can't appoint my brother in any party role. So no, doesn't work the same.
Guess you met bug. I didnt install any mod but I can appoint brother to any role I want, both party role and governor.
A quick question: is your brother in your party when you are trying to appoint him role?

As the patch said, now we can leave party member in settlement, and our friends will try increase our relationship with local celebrities. I tried but it does not work, I left my sister, who joined by main storyline progress, in a settlement and spent some time doing other staff, but she does not rise family relationship with any local celebrities. Furthermore, when I went back to the settlement, she was no longer there, but another settlement. Then I tried to promote her to govern a city fief of family,waited for nearly a year, still no relationship improvement, and also no charm skill level progression. Then I recruit a new follower and assign him to govern another city, several days later he reported relationship improvement with local celebrity and charm skill progression.
Not sure if this is bug or the design or simply RNG staff, just look weird.Do family members works the same way as recruited followers?
In addition, as I can remember, in early patches, like during April and May, if you sent your party member out to form a new troop, they will try to do missions themselves and therefore increase family relationship with locals, don't know this feature is no longer here.
Sadly unless you place a companion there your family members will move to different friendly cities and castles periodically. There is no clan ‘role’ for emissary, it just checks periodically if you have a clan member/ companion in a town and then checks to see if they increase your friendship with locals. I don’t think there are any requirements however having a decent amount of charm on that character will increase your chances of boosting those all important relationships with notables more often. TaleWorlds have stated that they want to work on an ai party ‘remote control’ type deal where you assign a party (or presumably a companion who isn’t in your party or their own but is in your clan) a specific tasks which would be brilliant and that would solve the wandering clan members problem haha

I'm getting relationship boosts from random companions who got their caravans destroyed, so it is basically working.
I can see it's working on my recruited follower, just wonder if it is working for family members.
TaleWorlds have stated that they want to work on an ai party ‘remote control’ type deal where you assign a party (or presumably a companion who isn’t in your party or their own but is in your clan) a specific tasks which would be brilliant and that would solve the wandering clan members problem haha
That sounds great, do you have source of that statement? I want to check closely about how TalesWorld expect this feature to work?

I tried again, appoint the 2nd brother to governor of another city, still, he can not improve relationship with locals, while my recruited follower governor keeps improving relationship

Back
Top Bottom