Anyone else getting a Weird UI glitch when trying to gift fiefs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry I have no way to post a screenshot but I have a weird UI glitch when trying to gift fiefs.

Basically, when I go to give a fief I own as a gift, the screen where I select the clans shows the clans list horizontally across the top of the screen and only shows about 5 of my clans. There is no way that I can find to scroll side to side either so only those 5 clans are ever listed and I cannot select the actual clan I want to gift the fief too.

As far as I recall, the list usually is vertical and you can scroll up and down similar to how you can scroll up and down on the Fiefs tab list of fiefs so I am not sure why it would be listed vertically. Also while I am running a modded game, I don't believe I have anything at all that modifies the kingdom tab or any tab for that matter and everything but the actual gift screen seems to work flawlessly.

I am trying to find a work around or fix here if anyone has any advice. Alternatively if there happens to be a console command on the cheat menu that allows me to give a fief from myself to another clan, that would work too however after some research I only found a command that gave fiefs to me, nothing that gave from me to them.

Anyway, don't want to do anything that is going to break my save or require a restart over this but would really like to get back the functionality of giving my fiefs as gifts as I have too many lords and not enough fiefs for them, while having way too many person fiefs that I don't really need since I am making a huge surplus of income that I could never spend in game.

Possible causes:
- You can only scroll with a game controller. The game controller guy made it like this so people would see what he has done test his new UI. It's a beta branch, so suck it up.
- Focus groups determined that a full list of clans is confusing for some players, so you only get 2-3 clans to choose from. If you are retarded, you are in luck.
- An intern is learning how to work with lists and messed up that particular piece of code. No one is testing changes in Taleworlds because stuff should just work.

Hope this helps.

Possible causes:
- You can only scroll with a game controller. The game controller guy made it like this so people would see what he has done test his new UI. It's a beta branch, so suck it up.
- Focus groups determined that a full list of clans is confusing for some players, so you only get 2-3 clans to choose from. If you are retarded, you are in luck.
- An intern is learning how to work with lists and messed up that particular piece of code. No one is testing changes in Taleworlds because stuff should just work.

Hope this helps.
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Suggestion:

Remove the possibility to gift/trade fiefs > problem solved

Possible causes:

Hope this helps.
You have got to be fricken kidding me. I am playing on stable 1.5.7 not beta 1.5.8 so I wouldn't expect to see something broken due to testing for a console version of the game, on the stable patch for a game only playable on a PC. Also I am late game with 22 fricken clans and need to be able to manage all 22 fricken clans. WTF!!! Taleworlds is really starting to piss me off with all this dumbing down for consoles. I bought the game on my PC to play on my PC, give me a damn game for my PC.

Anyway, I found a work around. I just "Cheated" my Trade skill up to 300. Now I can just give my fife to anyone I chose, whenever I choose. Pretty damn stupid I have to "Cheat" the game just to get access to basic functionality that should already be in the game. What a joke.

You have got to be fricken kidding me. I am playing on stable 1.5.7 not beta 1.5.8 so I wouldn't expect to see something broken due to testing for a console version of the game, on the stable patch for a game only playable on a PC.
50r9gj.jpg

Let´s call it "less broken" than 1.5.8.

50r9gj.jpg

Let´s call it "less broken" than 1.5.8.
Well technically I agree because even the stable patch is still technically a beta testing patch since we are in EQ but when I think of the "Stable" patch, I think of a patch that has ONLY things that passed the previous beta patch. A system that makes it so you can't scroll and view all your clans when trying to gift fiefs, should have never made it to the "stable" patch and even if it was a mistake, there have been several 1.5.7 hotfixes since 1.5.7 came out.

Back
Top Bottom