Any news regarding the future of Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

We know that 1.3 will come, as confirmed by the devs, though they haven't announced if it will be the last content patch. New features that are confirmed to be added are claimants, around 71 or so battle maps, spectator mode for MP (might already be in the game, I don't play mp) and replay editor, but we don't know if they will all be added in 1.3. They will probably be adding more features in the next major patch, though nothing has been confirmed afaik. Although one thing that has been hinted is feasts, its not concrete.

The devs have repeatedly said that TW plans to support Bannerlord for years to come, but what that actually means is vague. They might be talking about pushing actual content patches, DLCs, or just patching some bugs once in a while (like viking conquest now), maybe a couple of new battle terrains and/or armors here and there alongside bugfixes.

For me i hope for this year we get the much needed feature on diplomacy, feast, and more relation/feedback from companion based on trait ie if we raid a village they'll complain as such. So at least the base game is as good as warband feature wise.
Now what got me thinking the most is how will they develop the dlc ???

Will they went like previous route like in warband with Fire & sword, napoleonic warfare, viking conquest dlc. Or will they go with like Paradox Interactive route with dlc adding more focus feature and depth on top such as ships, naval combat and pirate cove another example More Indepth Workshop that focus even more in trading maybe idk.

This intrigue me really because the current peak player is 35,351 on steam. Knowing Paradox Interactive would love to milk fanbase that Talesworld has now.

I would like to see some DLC, new content for sure. I would really love to see the map expanded to include Norland and Jumne if they are different. In addition to that having sea travel and ownership of boats. Sea trade could add a new dimension and add more options for merchant archetype characters. It would be great to finally see the empty islands have settlements on them as well and maybe even independent kingdoms for the larger island chains. Not only would this be awesome for the community it would add even more options to modders who are scratching that surface to some degree.

The one thing Ive never heard them address and it seems to be blind to them is the games lacking a sense of purpose. maybe twice a year I re-install and try and look for all the best immersion/Diplomacy type mods and I might enjoy it for an hour or two but then that familiar gnawing sense of -why am I doing any of this , there is no compelling reason to go or do anything in game.

That sense of purpose is basically baked innate into LoTR type mods as the canon and lore is so great -so really thats pretty the only thing that would bring me back

The one thing Ive never heard them address and it seems to be blind to them is the games lacking a sense of purpose. maybe twice a year I re-install and try and look for all the best immersion/Diplomacy type mods and I might enjoy it for an hour or two but then that familiar gnawing sense of -why am I doing any of this , there is no compelling reason to go or do anything in game.

That sense of purpose is basically baked innate into LoTR type mods as the canon and lore is so great -so really thats pretty the only thing that would bring me back

I'd suggest useing "Diplomacy mod" + "Vanilla plus" to get the game more to feel "there is some purpose".

There is other mods out there that also add in alot of flavor, but for me now that I've finally "got it tweaked" as I want, the wars feel "like they have purposes" again and not just endless chain wars or grindy.
You can even get downtime between wars(if you set it up in Diplomacy), Vanilla plus do a ton of great things, so things like Workshops feel worthwhile aswell. - Defeat kingdomes - the clan will join other kingdomes instead of the new way that 1.27 introduced where they more or less all just disappear from the game.(only caveat wtih Vanilla plus - is that lords will execute other lords - but its fanfared to the player clearly when it happends so if you dont like it like me - savescum).(relative rare occurence)
You can promote clan members(Wanderers to full lords).Leveling up skills is super fast, so it dont feel grindy.
Alliances, non-agression pacts and all that good things is in the "Diplomacy" mod.
So the last few games I've played and been really good.

Vanilla plus also makes it so that rebellions is alot more frequent in occupied cities, so they will return to the old Kingdome most of the time, after the rebellion the "rebel clan" if it survies will be a Merc-company clan and not just disappear(they can if they loose the rebellion etc).

There is so much more things that give flavor so go look it up on nexus and see if this is what you've been "needing" to have more purpose.

There is also other mods, that let you hold court you can get, that let you hold feasts or join them etc.

I'd suggest useing "Diplomacy mod" + "Vanilla plus" to get the game more to feel "there is some purpose".

There is other mods out there that also add in alot of flavor, but for me now that I've finally "got it tweaked" as I want, the wars feel "like they have purposes" again and not just endless chain wars or grindy.
You can even get downtime between wars(if you set it up in Diplomacy), Vanilla plus do a ton of great things, so things like Workshops feel worthwhile aswell. - Defeat kingdomes - the clan will join other kingdomes instead of the new way that 1.27 introduced where they more or less all just disappear from the game.(only caveat wtih Vanilla plus - is that lords will execute other lords - but its fanfared to the player clearly when it happends so if you dont like it like me - savescum).(relative rare occurence)
You can promote clan members(Wanderers to full lords).Leveling up skills is super fast, so it dont feel grindy.
Alliances, non-agression pacts and all that good things is in the "Diplomacy" mod.
So the last few games I've played and been really good.

Vanilla plus also makes it so that rebellions is alot more frequent in occupied cities, so they will return to the old Kingdome most of the time, after the rebellion the "rebel clan" if it survies will be a Merc-company clan and not just disappear(they can if they loose the rebellion etc).

There is so much more things that give flavor so go look it up on nexus and see if this is what you've been "needing" to have more purpose.

There is also other mods, that let you hold court you can get, that let you hold feasts or join them etc.

Ive tried all those many times over except maybe Vanilla Plus though Nexus said ive downloaded it before at some point. I think the problem is much deeper so these solutions are like throwing lipstick on a pig. Now i dont mean to insult the game's combat engine -its very good, but their worldbuilding/intrigue is just utterly absent. Especially if youve played m&B as long as I have - its just a tiring sense that the world is just a stagnant place where you have to go looking for some thing to do and pretty much everything around you is stagnant or on a rinse or repeat cycle

To me a much better game would be one inwhich the countries have strong borders and must take care of their own affairs within them. Countries dont go to full War without either Major being offended or has a King on a Conquest bent. The lords need to have set personalities to create a dynamic but interesting world. So things like skirmishes along countries borders should be the more common event, and figuring out WHY the skirmishes are erupting a real game dynamic such as race/religion/personality /culture clash, renegade aggressive lord with his own subset of motivations or just simply trespassing on other lands maybe to kill bandits or go after needed resources from another land.

This is the type of dynamic world in which things are very much going down due to Geopolitical reasons and when Major War erupts -well, it should feel major.Now obviously this is out of the general scope of this series but its an illustration of one of many different ways to create intrigue -this current game even with 100 mods tacked on its top just cant create it sadly.

Ive tried all those many times over except maybe Vanilla Plus though Nexus said ive downloaded it before at some point. I think the problem is much deeper so these solutions are like throwing lipstick on a pig. Now i dont mean to insult the game's combat engine -its very good, but their worldbuilding/intrigue is just utterly absent. Especially if youve played m&B as long as I have - its just a tiring sense that the world is just a stagnant place where you have to go looking for some thing to do and pretty much everything around you is stagnant or on a rinse or repeat cycle

To me a much better game would be one inwhich the countries have strong borders and must take care of their own affairs within them. Countries dont go to full War without either Major being offended or has a King on a Conquest bent. The lords need to have set personalities to create a dynamic but interesting world. So things like skirmishes along countries borders should be the more common event, and figuring out WHY the skirmishes are erupting a real game dynamic such as race/religion/personality /culture clash, renegade aggressive lord with his own subset of motivations or just simply trespassing on other lands maybe to kill bandits or go after needed resources from another land.

This is the type of dynamic world in which things are very much going down due to Geopolitical reasons and when Major War erupts -well, it should feel major.Now obviously this is out of the general scope of this series but its an illustration of one of many different ways to create intrigue -this current game even with 100 mods tacked on its top just cant create it sadly.

Basically what you need is what I've wanted aswell, the war/peace system that they got now be removed and go back to the "causis belli" like it was in Warband.

The clue is that with the way I've set things up I dont have belli, but the games are much more organic now.

Diplomacy have alot of features it will let you tweak, and among them I upped the chance for rebellions.

Peace can be declared day after, wars can only last 100 days in my play (as the tick for fatigue is 1 pr day) then other things happends aswell which will make it quicker - read typically wars only last 30-50 days.
Peace is set to 85 days.
No reperations for looseing wars (which have helped Battania alot, I think something with the policy they use where they get +1 milita but pay 5% income for it is totally bogus, it seems to hit too hard.)

Overall the game feels really much more "organic now".
With the increased rebellions aswell, it really is more challengeing for the AI to dominate as hard as some of them have, or the "ganked ones" can make a comeback.

Basically what you need is what I've wanted aswell, the war/peace system that they got now be removed and go back to the "causis belli" like it was in Warband.

The clue is that with the way I've set things up I dont have belli, but the games are much more organic now.

Diplomacy have alot of features it will let you tweak, and among them I upped the chance for rebellions.

Peace can be declared day after, wars can only last 100 days in my play (as the tick for fatigue is 1 pr day) then other things happends aswell which will make it quicker - read typically wars only last 30-50 days.
Peace is set to 85 days.
No reperations for looseing wars (which have helped Battania alot, I think something with the policy they use where they get +1 milita but pay 5% income for it is totally bogus, it seems to hit too hard.)

Overall the game feels really much more "organic now".
With the increased rebellions aswell, it really is more challengeing for the AI to dominate as hard as some of them have, or the "ganked ones" can make a comeback.

Casus belli for starters. The things you mentioned in Diplomacy - while it may add a few mechanics, it doesnt make the world more interesting in any way. I generally dont even play to the point of getting my own kingdom because a listless boredom has already set in by that point and traveling in any particular direction is totally meaningless. Again to use the LoTR mod as an example again - there is no real casus belli, we all know whats gonna go down its classic Good vs Evil. But there is a strong sense of pacing as the enemy grows stronger and you have to decide with much urgency where to lend your aid as you hear reports like "Gondor is Weakening.." or "Rivendell is Spent and Wavering" -it makes you want top get there with as powerful an army as you can with the quickness. You also know that you may be weakening another faction if you leave the area and that again adds to the intrigue -there are real stakes.

For me i hope for this year we get the much needed feature on diplomacy, feast, and more relation/feedback from companion based on trait ie if we raid a village they'll complain as such. So at least the base game is as good as warband feature wise.
Now what got me thinking the most is how will they develop the dlc ???

Will they went like previous route like in warband with Fire & sword, napoleonic warfare, viking conquest dlc. Or will they go with like Paradox Interactive route with dlc adding more focus feature and depth on top such as ships, naval combat and pirate cove another example More Indepth Workshop that focus even more in trading maybe idk.

This intrigue me really because the current peak player is 35,351 on steam. Knowing Paradox Interactive would love to milk fanbase that Talesworld has now.
This exactly what i want too. I do get fedup of mods picking up the slack. I also get fedup of mods breaking 5 hours into a campaign. My mate plays on PS5 and he cant use mods and says the same
diplomacy, feast, and more relation/feedback
Some interaction with npc's come on its 2023 not 2010

I think pretty much everyone agrees that the devs sorely need to prioritize adding proper diplomacy (& associated mechanics such as better war/peace declarations, messengers, alliances, non-aggression pacts, maybe trade deals/embargoes?), better relationship mechanics (not even necessarily something like the nemesis system, just incredibly basic stuff like executions only reducing relations with related people/clans instead of everyone in the world, characters actually hating you if you kill their family members, npcs not kissing your feet and getting to 100 relation if you allocate 20 influence to vote for them, etc.) & overall more stuff to do in peacetime (be it quests, grand tournaments, or even feasts) and in my opinion a small tweak to birth & death chances so that the npc numbers stay relatively similar, the player & companions actually have a chance to die.

Back
Top Bottom