Anti Government protests in Northern Africa/Middle east

Where do you think the conflict in Libya is heading?

• Rebels are going to win in the short term (<30 days) with no foreign intervention of any sort. They

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Gaddafi is going to win in the short term (<30 days). Rebels will soon run out of ammo, supplies, an

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Somewhat prolonged stalemate (>30 days, <3 months), with rebels winning in the end, with no foreign

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Somewhat prolonged stalemate (>30 days, <3 months), with Gaddafi winning in the end.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • No Fly Zone imposed at some point during the next 30 days, rebels defeating Gaddafi shortly afterwar

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • No Fly Zone imposed at some point during the next 90 days, rebels defeating Gaddafi shortly afterwar

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Foreign military presence on the ground, taking out Gaddafi by themselves, in the next 30 days.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foreign military presence on the ground, taking out Gaddafi by themselves, in the next 90 days.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • More than 3 months of conflict with Rebels winning afterwards with NO foreign intervention of any ki

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • More than 3 months of conflict with Rebels winning afterwards with foreign intervention.

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • More than 3 months of conflict with Gaddafi winning afterwards.

• West Libya and East Libya become separate countries after a prolonged (>3 months) conflict.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Winterz said:
Majhudeen said:
Kuwait is barely militaristic at all. Im just a relic of the old Militia's.
But yeah. The Suadi's would resort to brutal tactics though if the current royal family was threatened. It'd be more civil, but it is just as brutal. Just not in a bloody fashion.

I'm confused maj about these relics you talk about....you mean 12 years old militias? Yes, because if you are 33...you were +-12 during the Gulf War....did you really fought on it?  :roll:

Yeah, I was young at the time. I volunteered. I only unveil your post this once to answer your qeustion.
I was 14 at the time, and the lot of us haven't even fought. Alot of us haven't even finished normal school years yet, and the rest were around the age of college students. Now I will continue to ignore you, but I will answer that question.

Lyze said:
Feragorn and AWdeV, I agree with your hamstringing of Winterz for his thorough disrespect, but skepticism is a virtue. I'm currently looking up history of Iraqi-Kuwaiti conflict right now, in fact.

It's hard to find any major conflict between Kuwait and Iraq other than the Gulf War, to be honest.

Thats all there is really, unless you go way back to the Middle Ages and such. And even then it was low.
Kuwait was involved in the 2001 UN inspections for Iraqi's supposed Weapons of mass destruction, didn't turn up anything. Kuwait was also thinking of entering the 2003 Iraq war but we decided against it.

Winterz said:
Majhudeen said:
Kuwait is barely militaristic at all. Im just a relic of the old Militia's.
But yeah. The Suadi's would resort to brutal tactics though if the current royal family was threatened. It'd be more civil, but it is just as brutal. Just not in a bloody fashion.

I'm confused maj about these relics you talk about....you mean 12 years old militias? Yes, because if you are 33...you were +-12 during the Gulf War....did you really fought on it?  :roll:

He was a CHILD soldier you ****ing asswipe.

Lyze said:
Feragorn and AWdeV, I agree with your hamstringing of Winterz for his thorough disrespect, but skepticism is a virtue. I'm currently looking up history of Iraqi-Kuwaiti conflict right now, in fact.

It's hard to find any major conflict between Kuwait and Iraq other than the Gulf War, to be honest.

Fair enough, and while skepticism may be a kind of virtue, being a snide **** about it still isn't. Certainly not if it's fairly irrelevant sniping.

And really, you don't need to be old to use a gun and get shot. :???:

AWdeV said:
Winterz, dude, bro, ******** drop it. You are aware that there have been two gulf wars, right? Besides I'm not even sure if he actually meant the gulf war or one of those nasty conflicts that kinda proved Saddam was an ******* with really bad gas.

Lol AWdeV that's a serious fail. Kuwait had no intervention against Iraq but during the first Gulf War...
even Maj already mentioned how he joined after the Iraqis invaded Kuwait and that it was the 1st Gulf War....

I respect the fact that you like him and that's why you believe him and all...but I still keep my theory that he's just fat guy sitting his ass on a desk talking about his war experiences when the closest he was to a war was by watching war on TV 3.000 miles away.

What isn't left here on the internet is people who assume they were really courageous and all...they fought wars....they claim they live in Afghanistan...
Also people who only have one picture of "themselves"...seriously? I could get a 1 billion pictures like that ... does that make me one of those 1 billion persons? I don't think so.

AWdeV said:
Fair enough, and while skepticism may be a kind of virtue, being a snide **** about it still isn't. Certainly not if it's fairly irrelevant sniping.
And really, you don't need to be old to use a gun and get shot. :???:

Exactly. Which is why I still hold a very large contempt for Winterz. His snide dickishness is abhorrent.

Thanks for the answer, Maj.

Lyze said:
As far as I understand, the Arab League requested the no fly zone as they did not have the capacity to enforce it. In addition, NATO's only protest about involvement was acting without UN sanction. That sanction has now been given by this no-fly zone passing.

But,

"Jordan, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates will join international forces ready to participate in enforcing a no-fly zone over Libya, US Congress and UN diplomatic sources say."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/un-security-council-approves-no-fly-zone-resolution-for-libya/story-e6frf7jx-1226023769165

Canada is also joining!

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110317/cf-libya-canada/20110317/?hub=WinnipegHome

Ah, good. Thanks for the correction, Sarejo. I must have misinterpreted what was said. And I'm happy my country is joining.

This is awesome, it is nice to see world countries and UN aren't all toothless against people massacring dictators and can find agreement not to sabotage important decisions like these with vetoes.

I was getting apathetic about UN inability to act regarding these occasional mass murderings which you can see every now and then around the globe. *

It sends important message to all dictators following this event that it might not be smart decision to suppress your people by using deadly force.

Although changes are we probably don't see anyone interfering when some poor African or Asian country does massacre, Libya is different since it has sympathetic protesters turning into rebels during oppression, it has oil, it is in backyard of EU and it had mad leader throwing threats all around of him, but at least they managed to act now so UN has at least some balls left.

Indeed. This sends a strong message to the region. Specially Bahrain, since it has been going trigger-happy on protests lately... Although it's a very, very different case. However, they'll get the message.

edit:

Vadermath said:
johncage said:
yep. these rebels are being idealized. they're really no better than the government and if they do take over(lets hope not), they'll be much more brutal than their predecessors. my source: all violent revolutions since the beginning of time.

You're stupid, but I'll let that slide; The government which violently took power from the Milosevic dictatorship here in Serbia is way better than the previous administration. That's the most recent armed rebellion I can think of. Also, all of the states which went counter-revolution on their Communist regimes' arses were better than the previous regime by default. You "hope not?" Dickhead.

lol, i'm sorry, but if you were smart, you'd have cited the american revolution. praising the disaster of a revolution by the serbians stinks of nationalism and ignorance.

as for the soviet bloc breakup, those don't qualify as violent overthrows, obviously.

johncage said:
why is everyone on the rebel's side? they're no better than the current regime, and will probably be far worse. there has been very very few cases where the usurper turned out to be better...and lets face it, this revolution is occurring in muslim lands.

but to be realistic, the rebels will surely lose. wishful thinking doesn't help, only foreign(read: us) intervention.

You should read this
http://www.worldnewsco.com/3214/muammar-al-gaddafi-accused-hiring-soldiers-chad-dozens-people-dead-benghazi/

Nelag Rag said:
johncage said:
why is everyone on the rebel's side? they're no better than the current regime, and will probably be far worse. there has been very very few cases where the usurper turned out to be better...and lets face it, this revolution is occurring in muslim lands.

but to be realistic, the rebels will surely lose. wishful thinking doesn't help, only foreign(read: us) intervention.

You should read this
http://www.worldnewsco.com/3214/muammar-al-gaddafi-accused-hiring-soldiers-chad-dozens-people-dead-benghazi/

the people who take his place won't be the idealistic protesters on the streets. a power vaccum in the middle east=lol

johncage said:
edit:

Vadermath said:
johncage said:
yep. these rebels are being idealized. they're really no better than the government and if they do take over(lets hope not), they'll be much more brutal than their predecessors. my source: all violent revolutions since the beginning of time.

You're stupid, but I'll let that slide; The government which violently took power from the Milosevic dictatorship here in Serbia is way better than the previous administration. That's the most recent armed rebellion I can think of. Also, all of the states which went counter-revolution on their Communist regimes' arses were better than the previous regime by default. You "hope not?" Dickhead.

lol, i'm sorry, but if you were smart, you'd have cited the american revolution.
Ha ha, definite proof he's a sucker troll - he refuted his own claim. "NU U WER SUPOSED TO SAY DIS" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom