Annoying mechanic in this mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvhan

Knight
I'm playing on the max difficulty level. With Troops set to 400. So assaulting a castle is very hard. So far I don't mind.

Small thing I don't like :

- You can't raid a caravan or you lose honor. You win war by cutting the enemy's supply...

- I assaulted Valorshield castle and retreated because my roster was not setup carefuly (more archer at the top of the list). Only to discover that you lose honor, reknown, moral and one more thing I forgot. Isnt how you assault a castle ? Tear your enemy bit by bit and then you charge in when they are weaker ? In the end I won but that penalty wasnt necessary.

Why I will stop playing this mod :

When my castle got assaulted, before the battle even begin, they killed half my army (90+ kills) and the battle was not even started. Just a text saying that I lost 90+ soldier due to repeated assault on the wall. What???? This mod isnt hard enough ? You have to kill half the player's army when he is under siege? Really?

I would like to see anyone try to repel a siege with his army. With that mechanic, that's simply impossible. Add to this the fact that you don't recruit a new army by snapping your fingers like all the lord (AI) do. You don't have an army spawning in your castle as you won the battle like it does for any AI...

I played this mod since it has been released and those "new" mechanics are ruining the mod.

EDIT : And after they took back the castle from me, a new army just spawned in the castle (250 troops) out of nowhere.

MitchyMatt said:
Have fun not playing.

I and about 30,000+ others are, give or take.
His complaints are completely valid.

I agree, the loss of honor from tactical retreats is COMPLETELY pointless, that's all there is to it. Tactical retreats are what they are, and have been part of mount and blade since the game's inception. Losing honour and renown for actually leaving the battle screen completely in the same way that would trigger companion disapproval? Sure. Losing honor for falling back for another round? No way.

I've never personally encountered caravan honor loss, since I've avoided raiding caravans this playthrough, but iirc you don't experience raiding honor loss when you're at war with the faction you're raiding, attacking a caravan should have that exact same mechanic, it's a war tactic and shouldn't be punished.

Do you mean that you lost 90 soldiers in the castle or that you lost 90 soldiers from your personal army? The latter would be outright unforgivable, you should never be able to lose soldiers from your party without a wound chance if it's an attack like that, that serves no purpose and only makes PoP less fun

I would certainly feel the way you're feeling if I had encountered those experiences in a row like that.... for now I guess i'm just going to be more aware of these glaring flaws

If he wants to stop playing free content made for a game he owns then he can. If he wants to justify his reason for not playing, then fine.

No loss or second winces here. He could have instead made a case as a suggestion but offered to tell us it caused him to not want to play instead.

I'm sure there's another mod out there to suit his fancy.

@finedwarvenmods

Yes the soldiers died from my party. Killed, not wounded.

So all the time spent to train or find those soldiers were in vain. That's a lot of wasted time.

@MitchyMatt

I simply said that I will stop playing because it's a mod (free) and I don't want to "told" you what to do. How about you take this complaint as a suggestion to improve the mod. Because it seems I'm not alone to have a problem with this mechanic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom