Animation's and meaning type of weapon's in game

Users who are viewing this thread

hello i need help with two things, the first is the item animations and the second is the weapon types

I know that animations for bows and crossbows described as "Vertex Anim." begin and end with the pulling the chord
But I don't know how it would work with other weapons for example swords, or how it would work with armor
When does the animation start and when does it end?

The second thing is I don't know what's the difference between one-handed, two-handed, and polearms
If I have 3 items with EXACTLY the same stats, values, modifiers and stuff but one is one handed the other is two handed and the third is polearm then what difference will that actually make to the game? skipping that the character will gain experience in a given type of weapon

Solution
I know that animations for bows and crossbows described as "Vertex Anim." begin and end with the pulling the chord
But I don't know how it would work with other weapons for example swords, or how it would work with armor

Vertex animations for items are triggered by the engine, and without using WSE (or WSE2), cannot be triggered by us modders.

The Native engine does not support vertex animation on anything other than Bows and Crossbows.

Armors technically use vertex animation frames to save a feminized armor variation, but the frames don't cycle, so it isn't animated per se.

Like any animation it is composed of frames, which dictate their starting and ending points. You...

Vertex animations for items are triggered by the engine, and without using WSE (or WSE2), cannot be triggered by us modders.

The Native engine does not support vertex animation on anything other than Bows and Crossbows.

Armors technically use vertex animation frames to save a feminized armor variation, but the frames don't cycle, so it isn't animated per se.

Like any animation it is composed of frames, which dictate their starting and ending points. You can open the resource files holding bows or crossbows to see the expected timings and string positions the Native engine expects. For uses involving some version of WSE, you play the vertex animation via triggers similarly to scene prop vertex animations.

If you were to want to do a cape or something similar, I would recommend learning how to implement and use WSE2.

The second thing is I don't know what's the difference between one-handed, two-handed, and polearms
If I have 3 items with EXACTLY the same stats, values, modifiers and stuff but one is one handed the other is two handed and the third is polearm then what difference will that actually make to the game? skipping that the character will gain experience in a given type of weapon

Other than the Weapon Capabilities they use, item types determine the agent walking animation, whether the agent can equip a shield or other off-hand item, and a ton of behind the scene things like what an agent will equip in a given situation, damage scaling, animation speed

Animations are dictated by Item Capability Flags, itc_*** and itcf_***, and can be used regardless of the item type so long as it's the correct category for the overall item (Melee, Bow, Crossbow/Firearm).

Upvote 1
Solution
Back
Top Bottom