alternative downloads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rexmundi

Regular
are there alternative downloads for Silverstag? the nexus site won't let me register atm because the forum is down.

The forum should be back up in a day or two. At any rate, it doesn't matter if you could sign up right now because the M&B nexus is also down.

The only nexus's that didn't get taken down are the more popular ones, e.g. Oblivion and Skyrim.

Orion1 said:
Any plans for an alternative download site?
I've been away from home for the last few days and was unaware that Nexus was unavailable.  Does anyone know for how long this downtime is intended to last?

Generally I've been against hosting on multiple sites for a few reasons.

1. The Warband Script Enhancer often shows up to virus protection programs as an untrusted application.  It's considerably easier to put folks minds at ease when I can say there is only one official download site, I'm the only person who can upload to that page and it has been downloaded plenty of times to show its safety.

2. The mod has grown in size, especially when the cinematic compilation mod is tacked on leaving upload times a bit long.  The more places I have to do that and update their description pages the more of a pain updating becomes.  That tends to lead to less frequent updates released to everyone else.  While that isn't saying much since we've been in such a long development time so far these long periods are not the norm for the mod.  That may not seem like that big of a deal to folks, but as we developed Floris it was nearly a week long process for Monnikje to update the mod on all of the various mirrors he tried to maintain.

3. I like to support the Nexus site.  I appreciate the way DarkOne tries to run his servers and while my mod carries very little weight every little bit helps.

If Nexus is going to be down for a while though I'll look into hosting a copy of the mod on the Assembla site in the interim.

Posted today from DarkOne:

"Posted Today, 01:57 PM
Webmaster

Admin

14,907 posts
After 2 days and no sleep (Axel has been up since the early hours of Thursday morning), we’re back to fully operational. With a heavy heart I also have to report that we couldn’t get our clustering setup to work properly. While the past 2 days of limited service haven’t been for nothing as we’ve learnt that we can’t do it without professional help it does mean that we’re still running on the old setup which is disheartening to say the least.

Things should be back up and operational again (as though nothing has changed), and while I’m sorry for the downtime and inconvenience caused I’m sure you can understand our wish to try and attempt doing this on our own rather than forking out the thousands of pounds that will now be necessary to get this looked into by a professional database consultant on our behalf.

We tried and we failed so now we have to move on and hope that we can rely on some certified engineers to do the work for us.

Thanks, as always, for your patience during this time. "

The actual M&B site however still has this message:

"WE'LL BE BACK VERY SOON

We have taken this Nexus website offline momentarily while we perform some maintenance. This should only take a few minutes, so please try again soon and thanks for your patience."

I've sent him a message asking if he knows when it will be back.  I'm sure it won't be long.  I've been a member of the Nexus for many years and they are very responsive and work hard to keep the sites up. :smile:

Cheers.

Lord Michlo said:
Things should be back up and operational again (as though nothing has changed), and while I’m sorry for the downtime and inconvenience caused I’m sure you can understand our wish to try and attempt doing this on our own rather than forking out the thousands of pounds that will now be necessary to get this looked into by a professional database consultant on our behalf.

Thanks, as always, for your patience during this time. "

The actual M&B site however still has this message:

"WE'LL BE BACK VERY SOON

We have taken this Nexus website offline momentarily while we perform some maintenance. This should only take a few minutes, so please try again soon and thanks for your patience."
Nexus is back up.

The only bummer is I'm not willing to pay to create an account just to download one mod. :sad: I don't use Nexus at all. In fact until your mod I had never heard of Nexus. That's the reason I am asking if you would be willing to put the mod up on another site. Mainly because usually people don't buy a membership for something there only going to use once. I understand that its a pain to upload them on to different sites, and that you want people to be able to be confident about the security of your mod. However mbrepository is (in my opinion) a safe and reputable place to download mods from. Or you could package it into a rar file. I'm asking for an alternative download site because the game features you added are amazing and quite frankly most of them should probably be in Native.

Orion1 said:
The only bummer is I'm not willing to pay to create an account just to download one mod. :sad:
You do not need to pay anything to register an account with Nexus.  Paying their site is to become a premium member and is not required.

Orion1 said:
However mbrepository is (in my opinion) a safe and reputable place to download mods from.
Unfortunately Silverstag isn't old enough to have a spot still reserved on mbrepository.  You can update files that exist on there presently, but not upload new files to it ever since it was all moved over to the M&B Nexus site.

Windyplains said:
Orion1 said:
The only bummer is I'm not willing to pay to create an account just to download one mod. :sad:
You do not need to pay anything to register an account with Nexus.  Paying their site is to become a premium member and is not required.

Orion1 said:
However mbrepository is (in my opinion) a safe and reputable place to download mods from.
Unfortunately Silverstag isn't old enough to have a spot still reserved on mbrepository.  You can update files that exist on there presently, but not upload new files to it ever since it was all moved over to the M&B Nexus site.

Thank you for clearing that up... I feel daft.

Orion1 said:
Thank you for clearing that up... I feel daft.
Nah, common misunderstanding.  I haven't registered there in some time, but they must word things in a way that confuses folks as some of the mods here (such as PoP) have a warning about not having to pay to register in a large red font.  Enjoy :smile:

It probably wouldn't hurt to make a Mediafire account and put your files there. Mediafire is free, and pretty fast.

I cant find it anymore, but remember reading here that the new patch notes were about the next patch which should come sometime soon - Any idea on when you will upload the new build? I really don't want to get too far into a game, since it seems like from the massive changes to troops that it will not be savegame compatible :smile:

razgon said:
I cant find it anymore, but remember reading here that the new patch notes were about the next patch which should come sometime soon - Any idea on when you will upload the new build? I really don't want to get too far into a game, since it seems like from the massive changes to troops that it will not be savegame compatible :smile:
v0.15 will be save compatible.  Due to the changes made you'll probably seem some oddities (such as no recruits in towns) for a few days as things switch over to the newer setup.  It is always recommended to use a new save game with a large update.

From DarkOne (Nexus owner):

"Sorry Michlo, M&B and a few other sites were already using the cluster so they were a bit later to come up. It's all back up now."

Cheers.

12oz Jesus said:
So is update .15 ready and we're just waiting on a proper place to upload it to be found?
No.  We're still working on balancing out items at the moment and doing some last minute bug fixing.  Once that is complete it will be ready.

Windyplains said:
12oz Jesus said:
So is update .15 ready and we're just waiting on a proper place to upload it to be found?
No.  We're still working on balancing out items at the moment and doing some last minute bug fixing.  Once that is complete it will be ready.

Can't wait - Now that I've played Prophecy for about 80 hours this time around, I need a new M&B:W fix, and this scratches all the right places.

I'm looking very much forward to this release, so thanks for all the hard work you are doing! I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom