Alien Language

Users who are viewing this thread

GreatAlucard

Recruit
I Cannot play the mod because it is in some unknown language, i would like to know how to fix it.
I already Tried the following
1 - Downloading again
2 - Lowering Texture details
3 - Activating and deactivating "load textures on demand"
4 - Activating and deactivating "Force single thread"
5 - Applying the fixes and patches aivable for download

And still, my game is always with some strange words in some unknown language, actually i dont think it is a language at all, just some trash unknown font, Thank you in advance!

EDIT : YES language in configurations is set to english, although every language seems to turn out  to be that alien crap ingame.

Search this board, someone had this problem earlier and i think he fixed it, send him a PM.

I Just noticed, i only got DE and FR folders in the module language folder, and since i downloaded it 2 times already not really willing to do it again and it will most likely only got those 2 again, any workarounds ?

I would be grateful if someone could upload the English language folder inside 1257 module folder

EDIT: I know someone had, and he said "Lower texture details" and it did not work here

So if i do not need some EN folder to play in english i am back to nothing, waiting for a workaround or somekind of fix.

i have those promblem but i remove fr in laguage folder then it set english try to do so if it will not be fixed try to remove all

I have this same kind of problem, except that only units and town names are in german. Everything else is in english, dialogue, quests and so on. And as above mentioned, i have done it all and even removed de and fr folders from mod's language folder.
Or am I just being stupid and it's meant to be like that?

hey friend  i dont know whats your problem can u explain well i have those language problem i remove de and fr and city name and troops name(also faction name) is know english too.

Is this suppose to be normal? The names of the troops? It's all in german language and I must say that it's hard to remember what they really are out of the bat.

1257.jpg

So I deleted the folders from .../modules/1257/languages/ folder and it didnt change this. Or am i suppose to delete the folders from main languages folder?

i do believe that is the actual troop name, done for authenticity. This is often the case in historically accurate mods, such as 1257 AD. lol, you should try playing Brytenwalda, now that gets confusing. The names of all lords and factions are in Old English i guess. Anyway, it gets really confusing.

snobb:ups i have not this problem u must try to instal this  mod again and then be sure when u enter in game that u have selected english laguage in configure  (if this will not be fixed try to remove de only )

kuauik said:
to everyone,it is in the mod for purpose,its not a bug :lol:

[HWJJIDJFJDJFJDJF]
"I bet thats a swordsman!"
*Clicks*
"Oops, I didn't want a nude ballerina!"

I understand why its done, to avoid having every unit called, Archer, Spearman, Swordsman, Knight, Veteran...  Still, its ******** annoying.

Should be relieved once the troop trees are implemented though :grin:

-Instance

We'll start using martian for troop names soon.

few hints: speer - spear, boge - bow, schwert - sword, armbrust - crossbow, the Nordic ones are much trickier but Amundr made this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118885.0.html

Thanks for the clearification, wasn't quiet sure about this at first.

Atleast it's interesting to find out what each of the units are. Although there are so many factions with different type of languages that it's hard to remember them all. Hopefully the troop tree will work out soon, it would help greatly.  :mrgreen:
Even though i'm sure there are greater concerns in the bug and balancing section.

Troop names are based on the equipment they're using (more or less).  Swordsmen don't necessarily carry swords but can carry any type of 1h weapon etc.

Back
Top Bottom