Adding your own music to Floris

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I've been reading the forums and searching around the Modder's Forums and such for a good guide to adding your own music to the game.  Now I am even more thoroughly confused.

I saw some older threads (<2011 or so) and I didn't think some of that information would still be valid.

I would like to add maybe 4 or 5 short(ish) music clips to the game for just generic scenes or for just everyday background music... Is there an up to date extremely user friendly guide to help me out?

I've seen some threads that say you need to convert wav's to ogg's ... tweak triggers for them to cut on at different times ... Another that said small wav's were fine and that M&B was using a different music platform or something...

I am on the verge of understanding it.. but my brain can't yet make the leap that I need to try to do this.

Thanks for all the help.

Well, I'm not exactly going to give you the most in-depth description of the process, but I'll explain my way of doing it.

First open the music.txt document in the appropriate module's folder (in this case the Floris Basic, Expanded, or Gameplay folder that you use). Inside should be the names of the tracks within the music subfolder with two sets of numbers following them. Those numbers, I believe, are what cues the music during combat, scenes, etc. All you need to do is add the filename of the tracks (including its extension [.mp3, .ogg]) you want to the list and place those two appropriate sets of numbers after the track's filename.

To determine which sets of numbers to use, go through the text file and listen to the tracks in the folder. When you found one that plays at the appropriate situation that you'd like (i.e. min_travel_neutral.mp3), add the number sets following that track to your newly added one (from the previous example, you'd use 268500992 269033984). Do remember to update the number at the top of the text file to reflect the total number of tracks within the document.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know what the "256 256" cue tag on some of the native tracks listed do? Does it null them from playing, or what?

You're welcome. Let me know if my explanation wasn't clear enough. If it wasn't, I can try giving better examples and whatnot. Anyway, good luck!

I would do it from the module system. It's not that tough especially if you're just changing or adding music, but it'll overwrite any .txt tweaks you may have done, like Morgh's and TweakMB stuff.

Back
Top Bottom