SP - General Adding Aristocrats (Minor Lord/Nobles) to Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Vastor_Lord

Recruit
Adding Bannermen Or Minor/lesser Nobles

Ever since I heard the new title was Bannerlord was to be released, I looked forward to having Bannermen come to my call, then I was very disappointed on the lack of banners (referring to bannermen and not actual banners in battle though I also want that as well) or the ability to call upon bannermen in Bannerlord if you want a better idea look up the scene of Robb Stark calling the banners in GoT

And the way or the outline I have thought of achieving this is by adding Minor Nobles/lords to each town, castle and village in Bannerlord, it serves to make it more realistic. By adding aristocrats to the game

First let me say since each fief/settlement usually is a castle and 2 village /a town and 2 villages, hence every fief you take or are awarded will give you 3 minor lord one for each. If there more villages then more lords, the idea is one minor noble/lord is assigned to each village/castle/town on the map.

So, what do these minor nobles/lords do:

-during wars, they can be called up as banner men and they will answer your call they themselves will be a hero like unit and depending on the relationship, prosperity of the fief they are in charge of, type and traits of these minor nobles/lords they can come with a small, mid-sized or even large contingent of soldiers along with their lord will come and join your party. (this will increase troop count but also increase on the supplies consumption)

of course, this will also significantly impact the economy within the fiefs as men have been taken away for war reducing prosperity. (draining income making it hard to constantly maintain a large army)

-Minor lords by default will gather to you, but you can assign them to join any of the active armies of the clan.

- Only They Provide you with noble troops ,which you have to get by talking to them in your hall (my understanding of them being minor nobles relatives or landless nobles who support these minor noble in the region) who join your army, instead from people of influence within the fief they can only provide commoner types troops in different tiers (on a side not sure if this should cost influence and gold or only gold to recruit) it serves the purpose of making nobles troops special and not something you can just get from any random village and depending on the relationship you get higher tier noble troops

-Their main duties are to oversee, protect and govern them (from tax collection to enacting laws of king and your personal laws also maintaining public order within the area to bandit hunting by sending patrol is their duty) In case of less relationship with the minor lords then there will be less soldier when called upon or refusal to come, less taxes collected, decrease in prosperity, lack of security.

-These lords will not be in the village but in the town/castle connected to it in the town/castle Keep (gives the lords hall a purpose in my opinion plus they are so empty)

-These minor nobles can die in battle and since they will usually be heavy cavalry troops as they are rich and can afford armour and horse, if wars happen and they are not called up for battle even once you will suffer relationship penalty (as they will be angry at not being able to do nobles duty, plus players will hesitate to use heavy cavalry giving value to them as losing them may end up being a big loss)

-These lords will act as council in your fiefdom and execute your personal law (something to do as lord) eg: if you want forced conscription or volunteer army, tax laws within the fief, plus a place during peacetime you can carry out judgement which may help shape your character and his actions and will directly impact the fief and affect relationship with these minor lords according to their personalities.

-if you call your banners and win victories in your battles, your relationship with the minor nobles goes up and when the war is over or you finally decided to send them back depending on the number of victories and profits made this will directly impact your economy back in your fief as they will raise prosperity by bringing back the loot home directly into the economy.

-if you lose a battle then you will lose a lot of relationship with them but some can be gained back if you choose to pay for their freedom if they are alive and captured.

-you can move your minor nobles and transfer them to any fiefs under your command but will suffer some relationship penalty and influence penalty, as they may have traits that can help you keep control of the newly taken fief or help raise prosperity.

-If you have terrible relationship with all your minor nobles/lords in a fief and the security is low enough it is guaranteed to be a rebellion and these minor nobles/lords you will get band together and form their own clan (this is better system instead of random lords springing from nowhere)

-If these minor lords win tournament you will get additional influence as your subjects won a tournament, just by having minor lords they will give you little influence every week.

-The quest given by these minor lords will improve influence and relation but they won’t pay you

- if a minor lord dies in battle then an heir is appointed to be the the minor lord is who will be most likely will have same traits as his predecessor or even better ones, if you dislike a current minor noble /lord you can expel him/her and another random lord will be automatically appointed in its place but there will be relationship penalty with the remaining 2 lords (fear of losing their position), but the newly appointed lord will have high relationship with you (the basic rule is there must always be a minor lord)

-if a town is capture or awarded the previous minor lords depending on the actions you or the person who conquered carried on this town, that is if the town was pillaged / devastated / shown mercy will have different relationship with you, but you can also choose to expel all previous minor lords if you want and then 3 random new lords of the town culture will be appointed or you could transfer your nobles from holdings at home , but expelling all previous lords will give a big hit to prosperity (since minor nobles/lords are in charge administrative and civil work and without them things will only get worse)

-Their relationship with the clan may go up or down on the choice of the appointed governor

Unless called by their clan head to war they will never come out of their settlement. (this should help in performance issue or so my thought is since they won't be running around all the time) they serve as a primary defense force along with the garrison and militia.

As an adventurer/mercenary if you want to recruit from village you need permission from minor lord of the village hence the bribe mechanic will also be used as you have to enter the keep (else no one goes there until you are already at a point of power), if you recruit without permission directly from influential character your relation will worsen with the Clan that is charge of that village along with the minor lord,( also make the player recruit mercenaries which otherwise are always ignored until mid to late game to be castle or town defense in urgent situations) , permission can be obtained by paying gold or doing quest and doing quest for the minor lord.

other Probable features:

-Bribing minor lords of enemy factions if they bad reputation with the governor or clan in charge in advance to reduce garrison troops before siege or defecting to your side.

-Ability to execute minor lords if they don’t come to battle when called upon or if low relationship and suspicion on treason.

-A Rule that clan member can recruit only from their own fief and clan holdings and not throughout the kingdom

-Adopt minor lords into the clan family directly or by marriage if relationship is high enough. Of course, then they no longer will be minor lords but can be governor instead.

This is all I can think up for now so please feel free to add suggestion or tell how it could be improved. Or is it even viable for that matter, and I do apologize for any grammatical errors.

I really like the core of this suggestion! Fief-bound bannermen, a mix of Noteable/NPC/companion charachters that can levy themselves and several other soldiers into war! At least from such castle-NPC's, they are Noble soldiers. They have a Noteable simelar power and relation.

Their purpuse is to bring life and flavour to the game.

Back
Top Bottom