SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Add titles/names that we can earn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back in the time period this is set in people would earn titles all the time such as “John the Great” or “Jill the Kind” we should be able to earn titles like this based off our performance. For example if we run from battles often or retreat from battle often we could earn a title like “John the Coward” and we need to win or not retreat from a certain amount of battles to get a new title or have that title leave. And we could have it like if we conquer a certain amount of lands we would be called “John the Conquerer” or something like this. This should be optional to turn on at the start of campaign but I think this or something like this would be a great addition to the game.

I was about to suggest that, I think all the companions have a adventure title, why not add this option to the player? Many MMORPGs have this kind of feature and how it could be implemented. Also, if you get a lot of renown people could talk thing like “So you are the one known as the -insert title- , I heard a lot about you.”

It would be nice if the player was named after his actions. But not in his presence! For example, a population or lords call a player first only in personal circles, and then throughout Calradia. I think that the player is better off not knowing how his name is formed, but only when he reaches the "level of action" (pleasant effect of "not omnipotence").

Last edited:
+1.
In Viking Conquest, you can get quests to conquest certain area of the map and earn various High King titles. It won't actually display your titles automatically but the flavor is there and it can give a real sense of accomplishment, becoming the Ard Ruire of Eiriu (Ireland) or Konungr of all Norse. I would fall back to editing the character name to include the title I want to display.

An improvement on that would be nice, as well as more personal titles/epithets earned through your actions/achievement. For example, if you win 100 tournament you can get a Champion title that you can choose to display.

I'm a bit torn on this, since we have dynastic aspects and I'll assume most players consistently keep one playstyle across their generations - which would just mean that the title might quickly just become hereditary. That doesn't sound fully right.
However, on the other hand, this idea is Hella cool.

Back
Top Bottom