SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Add make baby "quest" or adoption quest, remove "waiting forever and ever" to make pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't want to wait in the town. I don't ever wait in town except to have to make babies. It's cute that there's a new perk to give +30% pregnancy chance, unfortunately 30% of NOT ENOUGH is still NOT ENOUGH so after about 3 babies it becomes a obnoxious chore to make children. I have to listen to something and just wait and wait and wait and stare at game feed to see if I make a pregnancy. The I have to re-load and do it again because SO MUCH CAMPAIGHN TIME has been wasted doing this. Over and over for an hour or more sometimes I have to do this. This is horrible gameplay, you should not be okay with this being part of your game. I will never ever ever have to wait in the town ever the entire game, so it's never going ever happen if I don't just sit their in the town just to make babies.

I know you can make 10 babies with 1 woman before it becomes near impossible to make more. Please just make a limit if you're concerned about there being too many. Whatever you design the game around, that amount, make that the limit, but don't add annoying % chance

Please add a quest talking to your spouse, or a button in the clan menu or... you know it doesn't matter, just let the player make pregnancy without having to sit there staring at the feed.
If you decide we can have 5 or 10 babies a generation, just give us way to do so we can stagger them out strategically and not waste both campaign time and real life time.

Last edited:
Could do it through dialogue and have a % chance of success like this mod does:

Doesn't have to be anything at all explicit.

I think the penalty for existing kids is way too harsh. Even having a third kid is extremely difficult. I don't know how people are getting 10 kids.
I think the decrease for age is reasonable but the existing kid penalty either needs to be made less severe or be configurable. Either by a sliding scale or low/normal/high, with the exiting number being the low.
Code:
31 year old with 2 kids
13% - ((31-18) * .46)  = 7.02
7.02 / (2+1)² = 0.78%

Less than 1% for just the third kid! So on average you would be spending 100+ days of waiting to get her pregnant. If the women in Calradia are so infertile how do they keep the villages full of conscripts for the constant wars. :p

Even a 20 year old with 2 kids isn't much better

Code:
13% - ((20-18) * .46)  = 12.08
12.08 / (2+1)² = 1.422%

I get they are trying to limit how many kids the player can have but this is too strict. A third kid is very hard and 4+ is near impossible. Did people with all these kids get them in old versions with better preg logic?

Half of the children died in the old times, even at the start of the 20th century. The game simply skips them, which is good, so having 3 children means the couple had or would have had 6 in reality.

I can imagine a Medicine perk which increases the chance around level 50-125. It would be pointless above this, it would be too late.
For example the perks that increase relations at level 100 can be dropped anytime.

Giving a mere 5% to the base, thus rasing the 13% to 18% would mean the first case the chances would rise from 0.78% to 1.34%, and from 1.422% to 1.9%. With 10% increase the results would be 1.89% and 2.45%.
So 10% is a minimum. Such an increase is far more useful than adding a multiplier.

Or reducing the divider. This is better because it doesn't extend the childbearing age.
So for example: 7.02 / (2+1-1)² = 1.76%

Furthermore, the Virile perk is almost useless. Multiplying 0.78% by 1.3 is meh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom