About New Version Release Date Rumors

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daegoth

Combat/Animation/Network/AI
Developer
Most of you are expecting the new version to be released on this Friday. As Armagan said before, we tried to finish up all the work and release the new version within this week. But we needed to add a few more things, fix a few more bugs etc. and we didn't have time to roll the module system back within this week. Most probably everything will be completed until Friday evening (tomorrow), and the rollback will be done next week (we still don't have an exact date). Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I actually like this kind of a planned surprise :smile: It's good to know something than guess all the time. We know it's going to be like next week, but the actual moment will be a pleasant surprise :smile: great.

Why cant it be released on saturday? Is it too much to ask if the team would work a bit on saturday, just to see that everything goes as planned. Im a bit dissapointed acually by the news right now. Always a week later than expected...... sorry for being an ass.

Arkki said:
Why cant it be released on saturday? Is it too much to ask if the team would work a bit on saturday, just to see that everything goes as planned. Im a bit dissapointed acually by the news right now. Always a week later than expected...... sorry for being an ass.

Boohoo.

Arkki said:
As far as I understand Daegoth is saying that they need to reflect the changes they have recently made into the module system. It would be hard to do it within a single night I think. Besides, they are human beings, their productivity is a decaying function of time. :razz:

Daegoth said:
Most of you are expecting the new version to be released on this Friday. As Armagan said before, we tried to finish up all the work and release the new version within this week. But we needed to add a few more things, fix a few more bugs etc. and we didn't have time to roll the module system back within this week. Most probably everything will be completed until Friday evening (tomorrow), and the rollback will be done next week (we still don't have an exact date). Thank you for your patience.

I did not expect to be so excited about this, but I am! I have not played in awhile, so I fired it up over the last few days and immediately found myself immersed in the gameplay, as usual!

A new release is such a wonderful thing. It happens when it happens. I thank you for making it happen!!!

THANKS!  :mrgreen:

Thank you for the update.  It is too rare a thing for developers to keep the community informed, and it's appreciated.

Arkki said:
Ever wondered why the devs are always reluctant to give away release dates?

Hint: Your post is the reason.

I agree this is great news. Don't push you guys. At least we got some news... just do your magic Daegoth.
And as Ilex said, let's hope the server won't crash when all of us, avid M&B players, start to download the new stuff in the first minute after the release.

Can't wait, but happy that we now know an approximate release date. I look forward to receive the mailing that new version is out!

Anyone any ideas what new featueres will be in (besides from graphical updates)?

I DECLARE THAT IT SHALL BE RELEASED ONE WEEK FROM THE SECOND THAT YOU READ THIS!!!! If I'm wrong, look for my life savings on eBay.

Yeah... I can wait... I don't mind such small delays. Actually they are sort of comforting, they tell you that there is serious work being done, and that is always good.

Of course I might begin to get suspicious it the delays keep getting extended. But I have been here long enough to know that that is not how it goes, so I'm perfectly satisfied.

Stefano said:
And as Ilex said, let's hope the server won't crash when all of us, avid M&B players, start to download the new stuff in the first minute after the release.
We should have a couple of mirrors of the release up to help with the download crush when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom