About Factions

Users who are viewing this thread

Kuningas

Recruit
I can't find a topic which shows which factions have the best in a certain class, Like Swadians have the best cavalry ( Swadian Knights ) around here. How about Vaegirs , Nords and so on.

I'm sure there's a ton of threads on the subject, but I"ll go ahead and answer anyway. There's probably going to be a little bit of disagreements about some of these, particularly the Nords and Rhodoks, but in general it breaks down like this

Swadian=Heavy Cavalry
Vaegirs=Archers
Khergits=Horse Archers
Nords=Infantry
Rhodoks=Polearm Infantry

~Swadia~
Characteristically a nation that focuses on heavy defence and medium to heavy damage rates.
1. Heavy cavalry.
2. Medium strength infantry.
3. Medium strength crossbowmen.

~Vaegirs~
Recognised mostly for their deadly archers and infantry with predominantly heavier weapons. They have a lower focus on defence than the Swadians but their Knights are not pushovers.
1. Archers.
2. Medium strength infantry.
3. Medium strength cavalry.

~Nords~
An infantry only kingdom, they focus on defensive style and tight group attacks.
1. Heavy infantry.
2. Medium to heavy crossbowmen/(archers? I heard something about this).

~Khergits~
A cavalry only culture that focuses on speed and manoeuvrability. They are lightly armoured but inflict lots of damage on separated forces.
1. Ranged cavalry.
2. Light cavalry lancers.

~Rhodoks~
Devoted to spear and crossbow combat, they are most effective against light cavalry and smaller groups. They are not considered very strong. Yet.
1. Medium strength infantry.
2. Medium to low strength crossbowmen.

~Bandits~
A collection of units that are not comparable to the strength of any nation, bar the Sea Raiders.
1. Very light cavalry.
2. Light infantry.
3. Light crossbowmen/archers.

~Mercenaries~
Good solders across the range, well balanced and well paid too.
1. Medium to heavy cavalry.
2. Heavy infantry.
3. Medium strength crossbowmen.

That is how it all goes in theory. How you use them will determine their strengths and weaknesses most of the time.

Thank you both for the answers. Going for cavalry + Archers for sure :wink: Swadian Knights + Khergit Archers  = Ownage, atleast I hope so. Thanks again =)

just a quick correction, Nightblade, you said the rhodoks had medium to weak crossbowmen, but their highest tier crossbowmen are better than Swadia's.

Oops. Sorry, referencing from an older version.
Just a quick correction Jallon, I'm not M@ster. :razz:

EDIT:

Unless, you're telling me I'm your master...

Sorry, for some reason I got you guys mixed up. Don't know why.

Btw, Kuningas- If you're going to use Rhodoks, don't train spearman, just crossbowmen. Spear combat doesn't work too well with M&B, and for the msot part, the crossbowmen are actually better than the spearman in melee combat. (IMO)

Nightblade+-- said:
Just a quick correction Jallon, I'm not M@ster. :razz:

EDIT:

Unless, you're telling me I'm your master...

Jallon said:
Sorry, for some reason I got you guys mixed up. Don't know why.

Yay! People know of me :grin:

-

On-topic:

M@ster-$ said:
Best Light Infantry - Vaegirs.

Best Heavy Infanty - Nords.

Best Light Cavalry - Khergits.

Best Heavy Cavalry - Swadians.

Best Others - Rhodoks.

Click the link to get further info :smile:

Back
Top Bottom