about companions..

Users who are viewing this thread

CakeFlirty

Recruit
I dont know if this mentioned yet..

but i hope the companions "conversion" is still going ..i love the idea of new companions non vanilla champs..but i still incounter many of the vanilla ones...i hope you guys plan to change all of them to something more...fitting to the mod era and such...

good luck exterminating the vanilla companions
if you do... ;3

I've just started playing this mod, looks very exciting. But my first hired companion is an Englishman called Bunduk. If I wanted to rename him Sgt Harper :smile: how would I do that? Is it possible?

im using the steam workshop thing..so i cant find the mod folder to alter it myself and change thair vanilla names and dialug...i really have no complaints about this fine mod beside just that...the vanilla dialugs of some vanilla companions bugs me..other then that...amazing mod..

and i would add i would like to see more napolitan and other italian companions in the mod...becuse im rolplaying as a napolitan light cav unit i would like to have my little brothers in arms bunch of companions from the same nation as me in my little unit and such...

but thats just selfishness i guess...

i was thinking about companions. and a companion that would be quite interesting
would be arthur schopenhauer, the german philosopher.

in 1809 he would be about 21 years old, way too young to be compared with the era in which
he wrote his books. but overall being a companion in a warband, and talking an active role in the
whole thing of war, could be something in which it could drive him to form it's whole negative philosophy.

maybe he could have a kind of evolution in the way that this char progresses. going from
an adventurous young man to a cynical and disspaointed character.

is there a way to add costum companions witout restarting the advanture of mine?...i find it hard to belive any english companion would end up serving in the napolitan army..and right now..i have that british champ named dandy something in my ranks..find it quite..disturbing and make me think he hide something...

Makbe if you could find the .txt file or whatever file it was in, you could presumably edit it. or maybe morgh's

I did this. Sorry for restarting a dead thread, but I used morghs to edit the npcs. I did Patrick Harper, Teresa Moreno, and William Lawford all from the sharpes series. Whats more, if you make the companions, in morghs, part of the English faction, they will show up in English cities, so you can start building you company with them almost immediately.
anyway, its really easy with morghs, just change name and that's it. you can add equipment and all that.
I'd like to change their dialogue, but I don't know how to do so. someone could tell me, maybe? I'd imagine you just have to find and change in one of the text files

oh, and for steam users, if you want to find the txt files, it is in the steam folder, steam apps, workshop, then a numbered folder (430122123 or something) that will be different based on what you have downloaded.
just look in the folder for the files. they are two folders deep however, so you have to go down a level from the first numbered file.

The easiest way to edit the companion dialogs is manually editing the game_strings.csv file in the language/en folder with notepad ++ for example.

Back
Top Bottom