About 1.2 combat AI

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the new combat A.I and find it more challenging compared to pervious updates of combat A.I. I play on Bannerlord settings and in pervious beta's found combat way to easy, to the point of being boring, After the update when i first tried it and the guy blocked me i was shocked and thought at last there not stupid. Yes they now block a lot more which is realistic. What's unrealistic is not blocking attacks. The pervious A.I cavalry was useless vs foot troops and just rode around them, but not now they kill them but this could still be improved. Thing is if it too hard for you lower your Combat A.I settings. But people want a bit of a challenge can play on Bannerlord setting, that's why there's difficulty settings.
Quite the opposite the AI has gotten weaker :smile:
For example, Cavalry stopped hitting infantry at all. You think the AI is better because it's a little better at blocking , but the AI is still very easy to beat on max difficulty.

Yes, I think the individual AI is on the same-ish level of difficulty, maybe slightly more difficult for 1v1s, infantry vs infantry, cav vs cav, archers & horse archer AI are in general are much better. Cav vs foot soldiers & infantry vs cavalry is terrible now, but will hopefully get patched soon.

I remember when I started a new game in 1.2.0 then eventually got knocked out mid-fight with some bandits and eventually my horseman and enemy foot infantry were 1 v 1 for like an hour and half.
The horseman was just charging and missing most the part, other times the footman blocked all the spear hits lmao.

But yeah, I saw that and was like what the hell, but still let the simulation(?) run just to see how long it takes.

ONE HOUR AND 30 MIN, EPIC!!!!!!

Quite the opposite the AI has gotten weaker :smile:
For example, Cavalry stopped hitting infantry at all. You think the AI is better because it's a little better at blocking , but the AI is still very easy to beat on max difficulty.
You Trolling ? "Quite the opposite the AI has gotten weaker :smile:" Thats rubbish.
Never said it was to hard. As for cavalry i am finding different . When sent to finish off running troops they kill them every time for me. I think may be foot troop now can block cavalry before they were no good vs cavalry. As for the last patch i just moved forward swing left then right and won everyone and for a battle simulation it was pathetic. No footmen forming fighting lines it was just a charging blob. For some the new patch for what i get is they block me and make combat last longer. I like a longer more realistic battle. This Combat A.I just needs a bit more work. If people don't like being blocked play on normal the A.I is like Bannerlord setting on old patch very easy.

Last edited:
Cavalry is considerably better against other cavalry units, and considerably better against fleeing infantry units. On the other hand, cavalry is considerably weaker in cav vs infantry fights. It is related to cavalry units are too passive some times, especially when charging in formation. Cavalry units move slower now and rarely couching lances.

You Trolling ? "Quite the opposite the AI has gotten weaker :smile:" Thats rubbish.
Never said it was to hard. As for cavalry i am finding different . When sent to finish off running troops they kill them every time for me. I think may be foot troop now can block cavalry before they were no good vs cavalry. As for the last patch i just moved forward swing left then right and won everyone and for a battle simulation it was pathetic. No footmen forming fighting lines it was just a charging blob. For some the new patch for what i get is they block me and make combat last longer. I like a longer more realistic battle. This Combat A.I just needs a bit more work. If people don't like being blocked play on normal the A.I is like Bannerlord setting on old patch very easy.
When Bannerlord first came out in Early Access I think the combat AI was better . I remember a situation when I was defending a Castle my ally's AI went to raid the archers in the middle of the battle :smile: I don't know if it was a bug or if it was designed that way. Yes and AI 1vs1 behaved more aggressively.

Last edited:
Cavalry is considerably better against other cavalry units, and considerably better against fleeing infantry units. On the other hand, cavalry is considerably weaker in cav vs infantry fights. It is related to cavalry units are too passive some times, especially when charging in formation. Cavalry units move slower now and rarely couching lances.
I've had the opposite experience with cavalry regarding fleeing units, but maybe that's terrain dependent.

Back
Top Bottom