Ability to crouch + Street fighting reworked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all I think it would be a lot better if the ability to crouch would be implemented, imagine you are fighting in the streets and you can crouch behind barrels stair cases and all other sorts, would be awesome to get a little bit more cover when fighting.

Also when you siege a enemy town I was wondering if an option to increase the battle size when fighting in the streets, hopefully its not just me but I think once you breach the walls you can choose to fight a lot in the streets even if it means you have to fight more in total instead of x amount at walls then a tiny amount in streets then smallest in the keep. It doesn't have to be locked in which is where an option for it would be amazing.

Possibly if you could pick the troops you want to fight in the keep with in the final stage of a siege because being stuck with a couple of recruits against sergeants / huskarls is no fun at all :grin:

Thanks

Crouching would be useful only for crossbow users. It's good in WFaS(mod!) time frame but in medieval? Not really.

About last one: You can do so in diplomacy + pre-battle order and deployment, very useful mod. (The only one for single player I play)

KuroiNekouPL said:
Crouching would be useful only for crossbow users. It's good in WFaS(mod!) time frame but in medieval? Not really.

About last one: You can do so in diplomacy + pre-battle order and deployment, very useful mod. (The only one for single player I play)

Hmm I still think throwing weapons and bows and arrows could benefit from it, say an accuracy increase but with thrown a damage decrease due to not being able to throw it as effectively while crouching, but if you are just getting hammered in a siege go into a corner and crouch and hope for your troops to get to you in time before your shield gets broken. Would feel a lot more in depth I think.

I never heard of archers crouching while shooting... The same comes to throwers. Bow, crossbow and javelins are skirmish weapon, what means, that their users should be able to retreat fast, what would not be possible if they'd crouch.

I won't even comment on idea of crouching in a corner....

never crouched when hunting with a bow? guess not. i think it would be pretty cool being able to crouch imagine a fight where first line of ranged units - crossbowmen crouching with bowmen standing behind. I beleive it would emhance the game. i know it would for my playing style.

I've crouched with a bow before.  I can nock the arrow and pull it back, but you can't really aim and shoot unless its a shorter bow.
So it would be more, knock, pull, STAND, aim, fire, crouch back into cover.

Back
Top Bottom